Foreign-born Population in US Surges

1,175 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by infinity ag
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From a report released Monday by the non-partisan Center for Immigration Studies:
Quote:

The foreign-born or immigrant population (legal and illegal) hit new record highs in March 2024 of 51.6 million and 15.6 percent of the total U.S. population. Since March 2022 the foreign-born population has increased 5.1 million, the largest two-year increase in American history. The foreign-born population has never grown this much this fast. Although many think of immigrants only as workers, less than half of those who arrived since 2022 are employed.
Salient points:
Quote:

• Since President Biden took office in January 2021 the foreign-born population has increased by 6.6 million in just 39 months.
  • We have previously estimated that nearly 58 percent of the increase under President Biden is due to illegal immigration.
  • If present trends continue, the foreign-born population will reach 62.5 million in 2030 and 82.2 million by 2040 larger than the current combined populations of 30 states plus the District of Columbia.
  • Many observers think of immigrants solely as workers, but only 46 percent of the foreign-born who arrived in 2022 or later were employed in the first part of 2024 similar to the share of new arrivals employed during previous economic expansions.

LINK
EclipseAg
AG
I would bet these numbers are vastly understated.

For example, we have no idea how many illegals are here.
EclipseAg
AG
I went to a Home Goods store before Christmas. It was packed.

I heard at least five different languages being spoken by those around me. Other than those from my spouse and the people working there, I didn't hear a single word of English.

I'm a stranger in my own land.
RebelE Infantry
AG
The political and demographic extermination of Heritage Americans continues apace
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
kag00
AG
No wonder there is a housing shortage and a ton of inflation. That's a lot of demand from people not contributing to the workforce. That's also a lot of government money driving and supporting the demand and continued illegal immigration.
Ellis Wyatt
EclipseAg
AG
kag00 said:

No wonder there is a housing shortage and a ton of inflation.
Yep ... I make this point all the time and people just look at me.

Want cheaper housing? Stop bringing in so much competition for it!
Joes
Yeah, I've made this point myself several times. Forget terrorists or petty criminals, those are the least of the worries, the biggest problem with the demographic change is that we'll have an enormous part of the population here with absolutely no historical or cultural connection to this country whatsoever. Best case they don't even care or know about our history or the founding documents and ideals, or worse they come here already with contempt for them.

I made a post the other day about California showing more than a quarter of their residents were listed as foreign-born back in 2018, it's got to be higher now, and all states are increasing in that way. That's the most populous state. How can you have a country where seemingly everyone is from somewhere else?
Logos Stick
It's not called The Great Replacement for nothing.
Logos Stick
Joes said:

Yeah, I've made this point myself several times. Forget terrorists or petty criminals, those are the least of the worries, the biggest problem with the demographic change is that we'll have an enormous part of the population here with absolutely no historical or cultural connection to this country whatsoever. Best case they don't even care or know about our history or the founding documents and ideals, or worse they come here already with contempt for them.

I made a post the other day about California showing more than a quarter of their residents were listed as foreign-born back in 2018, it's got to be higher now, and all states are increasing in that way. That's the most populous state. How can you have a country where seemingly everyone is from somewhere else?

bmks270
AG
Logos Stick said:

It's not called The Great Replacement for nothing.

It's called an invasion.

Ag87H2O
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

The political and demographic extermination of Heritage Americans continues apace

All by design, courtesy of the Democrat Party.
infinity ag
Some immigration is good, but unbridled immigration is NOT good. The apologists always say that "we get the brightest minds like all the foreign born tech CEOs" and actually saying we need more immigration and Canada is "taking all the talent". Hogwash. If you can go to the US, who goes to Canada? There is a lot of deadwood that comes along with the "brightest minds". Especially from Muslim countries who love the freedom of the US but also want to eventually impose their crazy medieval laws here (like they are pushing for in Europe).

The only reason politicians want more immigration is that they can create a vote-bank of immigrants who will vote for them and keep them in power. Nation be damned.

Some years ago, a Pakistani Muslim friend of mine wanted to run for mayor of my town. His reason? "The village council is full of white guys, we want some diversity, so we can celebrate Ramadan, Diwali and other events". WTF? Is that your reason for wanting change? Of course he actually meant he wanted to push Ramadan and he might even have been a trojan horse. Luckily he lost badly as he got exposed embarrassingly in the debates.
Joes
EclipseAg said:

I heard at least five different languages being spoken by those around me. Other than those from my spouse and the people working there, I didn't hear a single word of English.

I'm in northeast Texas and it's not uncommon to go to Walmart or Lowe's or something with a large group of customers and hear multiple groups of them speaking foreign languages, and not always Spanish. Sometimes I'll be standing in line at Walmart and there will be something like one 75-year-old white guy by himself and two other whole families with 2-4 children each speaking another language and I just think "There's a microcosm of the situation right there."

And the thing is, I'll bet that guy goes home (and maybe gets on a forum like this, lol) and says "We need to take our country back!" It's comical. I mean it's over, it's just been permanently taken from us. I'm sure even the decent and harmless newcomers to this country look at our monuments the way we look at Rome's, just relics of some past civilization of some other people who used to be here.

It's honestly why I'm completely checked out on world events now as it relates to our national interests and such. It used to be of supreme importance to me but now I just don't care. Why should I? We've got more foreigners here than there are total people in most foreign countries. It's insane.

I'm not an Aggie but would you guys still care as much about Aggie football if you went to a game decked out in Aggie gear as a fifth generation Aggie only to get to the stadium and see the other A&M students at the game are all wearing shirts and caps from other schools? Would you really get excited about playing and beating Arkansas when the other Aggie students on both sides of you are wearing Arkansas shirts because they spent their first three years going to school there?
Joes
Ag87H2O said:

RebelE Infantry said:

All by design, courtesy of the Democrat Party.
It's bigger than that though, because it's the entirety of the west. Germany, Ireland, Canada, Australia.... we're all being flooded and sunk.
peacedude
AG
Cloward-Piven-Obama is running so smoothly, The Divided States of America will be accomplished far sooner than they had anticipated.

Texit, then let's round up all illegals + cut off all their funding - while watching over them with artillery shells and snipers on the ready as they cross back over the border.
evestor1
EclipseAg said:

I see you just arrived in houston. welcome!
EclipseAg
AG
Joes said:

the biggest problem with the demographic change is that we'll have an enormous part of the population here with absolutely no historical or cultural connection to this country whatsoever. Best case they don't even care or know about our history or the founding documents and ideals, or worse they come here already with contempt for them.

Plus, the combination of technology and identity politics will ensure that these divisions remain.
EclipseAg
AG
evestor1 said:

EclipseAg said:

I see you just arrived in houston. welcome!

Nope. Lived in the area all my life. So I've seen the change first-hand. And it's dramatic.
10andBOUNCE
AG
It will never happen, but this is the path the country needs to take...
infinity ag
Bottom line: There are good immigrants and there are bad immigrants. Not every immigrant is the same. Some are downright evil and want to destroy the host culture and nation. You know whom I am talking about. Watch out. Don't be woke and contribute to your own self-destruction. Read history and learn.

Some others are not evil but will flood the land and economically and legally push you out and make it harder for you. Now this is tricky as these people don't hate you. Or want to destroy you. They just want a good life and will work 24 hours a day for it. Obviously locals will not work that hard (and that is not a bad thing). Life is more than just working.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.