Burgum

3,096 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Hubert J. Farnsworth
ImSoDumb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolf in sheep's clothing. Keep him out of the VP spot.

Rapier108
Interesting he has a problem with vetoing a bill for ranked choice voting. That is a disaster for Republicans everywhere it has been done.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
The Kraken
AG
Rapier108 said:

Interesting he has a problem with vetoing a bill for ranked choice voting. That is a disaster for Republicans everywhere it has been done.
Where? Any examples that don't involve jungle primaries?
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Hubert J. Farnsworth
What's new? Democrats have been running as republicans for a long time now. I would argue that over half of the republican party, at the federal level, are wolves in sheep's clothing. We the republican voters have been getting duped for years by these con-men, who run on conservative policy to get elected, but govern like liberals.
An L of an Ag
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

What's new? Democrats have been running as republicans for a long time now. I would argue that over half of the republican party, at the federal level, are wolves in sheep's clothing. We the republican voters have been getting duped for years by these con-men, who run on conservative policy to get elected, but govern like liberals.

This!!! Huge problem, and I have no ****ing idea how this ever gets solved via conventional means.
Ellis Wyatt
"Some republicans are actually democrats, but no democrats are actually republicans." Dan Bongino
BoerneGator
AG
Reminds me of the incongruence of the Mary Maitland and James Carville union, followed by Kellyanne Conway, and her Never Trumper husband George. Those are two couples I've never been able to rationalize.
The Banned
Well that's damn disappointing. He did a great job in the debates, but he was such a long shot I never bothered looking at his record. If all that is true, that's flat out terrible.
JSKolache
AG

They don't govern at all and they don't want to. They just want to campaign and throw bombs.

Burgum types i don't understand. If walked away from a business deal with several hundred million in my pocket, the last thing I would do is start blowing it on self funded politics. Retire dude, have fun.
Artorias
AG
JSKolache said:

They don't govern at all and they don't want to. They just want to campaign and throw bombs.

Burgum types i don't understand. If walked away from a business deal with several hundred million in my pocket, the last thing I would do is start blowing it on self funded politics. Retire dude, have fun.
Often the type of person that founds and leads a company to massive success, either inherently craves power to begin with or gets the taste of power and becomes addicted. To leverage financial/business success to obtain power in the political realm is not really surprising.
BurnetAggie99
Trump picks this guy as VP he will lose. Guy is a Rhino
strbrst777
2023NCAggies
IDK why Trump is even considering this guy. He brings nothing

If he wants to piss a bunch of people off, than this is the guy
Artorias
AG
Don't know much about Burgum, but this thread isn't painting a pretty picture. Regardless, not sure what a white guy from ND adds to the ticket.
3 Toed Pete
AG

I don't like it either, but it's who the Rs are. Other than the Reagan era, Republicans have tended to be not much different than the moderate Dems (who have pretty much disappeared). We keep hoping for a resurgence in conservatism but white females seem to want big govt and the protections they think that provides.

In general, most Rs just aren't conservative. The Reagan era was an exception.
agsalaska
AG
Isn't Trump a Democrat who ran as a Republican?
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
PA24
AG
Abbott for VP
BoerneGator
AG
agsalaska said:

Isn't Trump a Democrat who ran as a Republican?
Trump is a populist; an opportunist who's filling a need. He's a pragmatist with great vision and insight. He doesn't need (nor want) "professional" advice dictating his campaign. He trusts his own instincts and keeps in touch with the pulse of the country. He's not encumbered by conventional attitudes and stereotypes. He's a true maverick, Brooklyn style!
Hubert J. Farnsworth
PA24 said:

Abbott for VP

I would not hate that, but is there anyone in this state, worth a crap, that could win the governorship?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.