*** TWISTERS ***

13,775 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by javajaws
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All time movie, they should release that back in theaters this summer to.

Lo, there do I see my father
Lex
Boyfriend was working in Yukon and said when they were out eating there were people LOUDLY talking about how they were up the road filming Twisters.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Dang they even have a Reed Timmer inspired character.

This is so fun, the original came out 4 days after my 9th birthday and I got to take 3 or 4 of my friends to go see it.

I was so interested in weather and science back then and it was so fun to watch. I must have wore out the VHS, as you did back in those days.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That trailer was great
Sea Speed
AG
I cant decide if that trailer was way too cheesy for me or not. Im leaning towards yes. Was the original that cheesy? I know the cow flying by was pretty eye rolling but I remember liking the first one. Bill Paxton and Helen hunt didn't look as young in that movie as these two do, but that may be a function of MY age. I know sending the little propeller balls in to it supposed to be an homage to the original but it seemed like it was them still trying to do the same thing amd get it to work in the trailer.

Pretty sure this dude is going to be the new Matt mchaugnhehey or however the hell you spell it, T sip and all.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
In.

Calling my shot - the movie climaxes with a supermassive F6 tornado threatening Oklahoma City. Our heroes Kate and Tyler successfully disrupt it before it hits the major population centers downtown.

That refinery shot looks pretty awesome.
The Porkchop Express
Watched the original tonight with one of my kids. I don't think I've watched the whole thing since 96. Pretty enjoyable other than the really odd 90s pop soundtrack. The sequel should really shine with the leap forward in technology on the close up effects, like at the drive in movie things are getting flung very slowly. Rip BP and PSH
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TCTTS
AG
A rare occurrence these days, but I always love a good, multi-artist event soundtrack for a huge summer blockbuster. In fact, seeing this, I'm more convinced than ever that the whole experience is going to be a phenomenon come July...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man what a downgrade form the cool 90s soundtrack to this one.
The Porkchop Express
Is it already out?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No idea, but it's clearly all country music, and country music is trash.
TCTTS
AG
Country also sells. To that end, this movie is going bring in roughly the same audience that made Yellowstone the number one show on TV, in addition to bringing in general movie audiences, blockbuster lovers, nostalgia-seekers, etc. It's a smart play.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well, way to give it a shot before judging it, I guess.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I could almost feel the collective swoon on the quick shot of Glenn Powell in the white tshirt, cowboy hat strutting in the rain. just milking the whole heartthrob, movie star thing. which is awesome.

looks like a helluva lot of fun, and i am probably going to regret making the comment (and i havent read the rest of the thread) but I really hope they dont beat us over the head with the whole climate change bit. i read an interview where they went out of their way to mention how they leaned into it and really "address" it. i dont mind those type of things being mentioned, but if its a central plot element. **** off. i want a fun summer movie, not something preachy.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nashville pop country is trash. There are still plenty of good artists out there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ironic considering literally the first response on this thread.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ironic considering literally the first response on this thread.

Mine was solely to get tc's goat.
FL_Ag1998
AG
If you don't like country music, to each his own, and mainstream modern pop/rock/rap "country" music does suck. But Leon Bridges isn't country. He and Tyler Childers and Flatland Cavalry are fantastic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Except it wasn't, as is clear from all your subsequent posts.

Didn't realize you loved country music, but there are few things more grating to my ears than it. Sorry not sorry.

It's what one might call...

Gigem314
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Urban Ag
AG
Gigem314
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

If you don't like country music, to each his own, and mainstream modern pop/rock/rap "country" music does suck. But Leon Bridges isn't country. He and Tyler Childers and Flatland Cavalry are fantastic.
It's a promising soundtrack. If people hate country music that much, they probably shouldn't see the movie. The original had several country songs on it as well. It takes place in Oklahoma, so yeah you're going to have more music that reflects the region and feel than a bunch of a sterile pop or hip-song songs. Maybe they simply couldn't afford to get Lady Gaga singing in the middle of a twister.

It would have been nice if they'd included a few rock songs like the original (first time I ever heard 'Long Way Down' by the Goo Goo Dolls) - but I think the soundtrack has potential. It's cool to see a band like Flatland Cavalry get some exposure. Definitely a 'Yellowstone' feel to the music - which I think will add to the character of the film given the content and location.
Urban Ag
AG
The comparison you and TCCTS have made to the "Yellowstone" feel or crowd is so spot on. This movie will pack every theatre in flyover country.

My wife and I will see it for the nostalgia factor/Shania Twain tie alone.

Plus I really like Glen Powell and he's becoming quite the hometown hero. I had an office just down the street at the time he graduated from HS.
LisaMarie
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

I could almost feel the collective swoon on the quick shot of Glenn Powell in the white tshirt, cowboy hat strutting in the rain. just milking the whole heartthrob, movie star thing. which is awesome

I think the movie looks fun and I want to see it but Glenn Powell is quite the draw, he is nice to look at.
wangus12
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Add in Charley Crockett to that group. Several really good artists on that list. Several Nashville garbage country as well.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Except it wasn't, as is clear from all your subsequent posts.

Didn't realize you loved country music, but there are few things more grating to my ears than it. Sorry not sorry.

It's what one might call...

My last post talked about watching the original foe the first time in 25 years, enjoying it and looking forward to the sequel
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
...after being negative on it for multiple pages. Gimme a break.

I mean if you're gonna get snippy about me not liking country music, let's call a spade a spade.
The Collective
AG
This is getting serious now.
TXAG 05
AG
Lots of heavy hitters on this album. You don't have to like them, but Lainey Wilson, Jelly Roll, and Luke Combs are some of the biggest names in music right now, other than Taylor Swift of course. Shania is always good, as well as Flatland, Charley Crockett, Leon Bridges, and others. Turnpike would have been cool since they are Okies and already have a tornado song. Can't wait for this to come out, can't remember the last movie that had a big soundtrack attached to it like this. Feels like a lost art form.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean if you're gonna get snippy about me not liking country music, let's call a spade a spade.
just because you're hispanic doesn't mean you can start using racial slurs.
The Porkchop Express
Gigem314 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

It's a promising soundtrack. If people hate country music that much, they probably shouldn't see the movie. The original had several country songs on it as well. It takes place in Oklahoma, so yeah you're going to have more music that reflects the region and feel than a bunch of a sterile pop or hip-song songs. Maybe they simply couldn't afford to get Lady Gaga singing in the middle of a twister.

It would have been nice if they'd included a few rock songs like the original (first time I ever heard 'Long Way Down' by the Goo Goo Dolls) - but I think the soundtrack has potential. It's cool to see a band like Flatland Cavalry get some exposure. Definitely a 'Yellowstone' feel to the music - which I think will add to the character of the film given the content and location.
I would have liked Chris Stapleton on there, but still a good bunch.
Canyon99
wangus12 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Add in Charley Crockett to that group. Several really good artists on that list. Several Nashville garbage country as well.
Wyatt Flores is an up-and-coming young artist from OK.
javajaws
AG

Brian Earl Spilner said:

just because you're hispanic doesn't mean you can start using racial slurs.
He said snippy, not t-sippy!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.