*** THE SECRET OF SKINWALKER RANCH ***

36,860 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by AgBQ-00
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't realize there were multiple seasons until this popped back up. Just finishes season 1 on Netflix and I'm thru episode 3 of season 2 on Hulu.

Season 2 so far feels a lot creepier, like they're poking the bear hard with a stick.
Staff - take out the trash.
Houston Lee
AG
If you took a shot of tequila every time someone on the show says "phenomenon" you would die of alcohol poisoning in 5 minutes of showtime.

It also reminds me of the Muppet Show song "Mana.. Mana" and I want to go "doo--- doo da doo-doo" every time they say "phenomenon"

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

For those interested, and looking for more shows in the same vein, I recently discovered Finding Bigfoot on the Travel Channel/Discovery+ app, and man did I get hooked on it a few weeks ago. There have been three seasons so far, but I went ahead and started with the third and didn't at all feel like I missed out on much, as they do a pretty good job of recapping past events.

But it's basically a team of four wildlife experts/enthusiasts who camp out in the remote Washington and Northern California woods, for weeks on end, and document basically every night in their search for Bigfoot. One guy is a true believer, the woman is a skeptic (and also a renowned professor in her field), another guy is a survival expert, and the fourth guy, the host, is basically like the tech/gear head. They all come across as extremely credible, and there's just a nice mixture of doubt/belief among them that keeps the show in check.

It's easily the best series I've ever seen on the subject, they use all kinds of state-of-the-art thermal/radar tech, and encounter some pretty freaky stuff. There's almost a Blair Witch vibe to some of it - not in a supernatural way, but just in the way the camera follows these guys at night in the woods and captures glimpses/noises. Even if they're not being stalked by Bigfoot, there are *definitely* bears and mountain lions and what not stalking them at times and it can get legit scary. If anything, it's just fun to "go camping" from your couch with these guys. Though, I have to say, they catch some pretty convincing stuff on camera, especially in the last couple of episodes, and interview a number of convincing witnesses as well (though a couple of them clearly have a screw or two loose).

Anyway, I fully admit that I'm a wh*re for these kinds of shows, but I do try to at least be discerning and only engage with the more credible ones, while fully recognizing that their top priority is to act as entertainment.

Sorry, in case anyone might actually try and watch this, it's not Finding Bigfoot, it's Expedition Bigfoot. Just randomly scrolled across the title on Twitter. Also, it apparently airs on both the Travel Channel *and* Animal Planet? But I just watch it all through the Discovery+ app (which, rumor has it, will eventually be absorbed by HBO Max in the merger, and all content will be on there).
AgBQ-00
AG
Noticed they are doing a roundup type show considering the strangest stuff they've seen the past 3 years. I thought last week was the last episode. So pleasant surprise to get an overview episode
ChoppinDs40
AG
Started season 1 tonight. Kinda cheesy but I like that travis is actually trying to figure it out. I hope this stuff isn't fake for tv.

It gives me the creeps.
TCTTS
AG
News broke just last month that Travis is one of the scientists the government hired to analyze UFO/UAP sightings by military personal since 2004, for that big UFO/UAP report that the government released last summer. He's super legit, comes across as incredibly dedicated and sincere, and now we know just how much of his credibility is at stake. So he wouldn't be doing this unless he believed there was something to it, nor would he risk faking it for a History Channel show. Following other team members like Brandon on social media and the like, they all come across extremely genuine in their efforts as well. Heck, they even bring in the former governor of Utah for season three, who seems just as curious as they are. Who knows if they ever make any significant discoveries, but I at least am of the opinion that they're doing this for noble, scientific purposes (while I'm sure the History Channel of it all helps pay the bills).
ChoppinDs40
AG
What do you think it is? Evil Navajo spirits or UFO landing zone?
TCTTS
AG
I don't necessarily have a "belief" - I'm not willing to say one way or another - but the increasing opinion among various "experts" is that UFOs, if under "alien" control, might not originate *only* from the cosmos, but potentially other dimensions as well. And yes, I know how nutty that sounds, but when you factor in the reality of quantum mechanics, all the frequencies and spectrums we're not capable of detecting, the elusive nature of consciousness, etc, I think there's so little we know about objective reality beyond what our five senses are capable of detecting. And that there *could* be "hot spots" like Skinwalker Ranch that, for whatever reasons, *might* act as something like access points to those alternate dimensions, frequencies, spectrums, quantum realms... whatever you want to call them.

In other words, I guess my point is, I don't differentiate between "evil Navajo spirits" or "UFOs." I think whatever might be out there, beyond our comprehension but potentially just under our noses... it's likely all the same thing. And that Indians interpreted the phenomenon one way, while we interpret the same phenomenon another way.

If that makes any sense at all.
ChoppinDs40
AG
It do.

Do you think the animal mutilations are made up or hoaxed?

I'm on the episode where they find that secret concrete box in the basement in one of the ranch homestead houses.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think many farmers or ranchers are out there faking cattle mutilations, but that's one phenomenon that *could* be our own government doing some weird sh*t. That said, so many documented mutilations defy all logic, in how insanely clean and precise they are, where entire organs, muscles, bones, etc are missing... yet there's absolutely no blood, no trace of vehicle, no trampled ground or anything. It's so bizarre.

As they relate to Skinwalker Ranch, if I remember correctly, it's not so much about mutilations as it is cows/livestock getting sick, randomly dying, or acting super weird.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Dragon just saw his first UFO when they fired that makeshift rocket.

Then they saw it again. Making the hair on my neck stand.
TCTTS
AG
The only time the show has ever felt like it "faked" anything was this past season when a few of the guys were both on and near the mesa and they all felt a simultaneous tremor. As they experience it, and kind of yelled as it was happening, what is so clearly an after effect in post "shakes" the image as if the camera is feeling the effects of the tremor as well, when it clearly wasn't. That said, their reactions are all 100% real, I believe they all legitimately felt something, the effect was only a second or two long, and I guess the producers/filmmakers felt the need to add to the moment with a vibrating effect for some reason. It was cheesy and unnecessary and literally the only time I've ever thought, "Ok, that's definitely a bit of an exaggeration."
TCTTS
AG
Ha, just wait. You haven't seen anything yet.
ChoppinDs40
AG
I don't have history channel so looks like only season 1 for me
Rocagnante
AG
One thing that's starting to become a slightly annoying trope is all the instrument failures and "I swear this has never happened before!" It could all be legit and not a huge annoyance but kind of feeling like in the ghost shows where they are panning the room with the camera and as soon as an area is out of frame they hear a loud bang from that area. They all turn around surprised "what was that!!"
Houston Lee
AG
Crazy theory:

The white orbs contain human souls that are traveling to the various portals to "heaven" or "hell" that are located around the earth. They are drone like vessels that transport the soul and sometimes appear to the human eye due to changes in frequency/vibrations.

The portal in the sky is the one to the "heaven" realm
The portal on the ground goes to the "hell" realm

The portals are protected by guardians and that is what is foiling the teams attempts to use electronics and things that run on batteries. They do not want us to know how this all works.

When a human dies their soul changes the frequencies and vibrations that allow it to exist in our realm to the ones that allow it to exist in the other "heaven" or "hell" realms. The video of the small white orb bouncing on the ground as if it was looking for something may have been a "lost soul" trying to find its way to a portal.

The concept of God and "the heavens opening in the sky" are basic descriptions of events given by men based on the knowledge of the day. Its obvious that these angelic beings from the bible are coming to earth via a portal. Same goes for the "evil" demon beings (Skinwalkers?) that seem to come out of a portal on the ground.

/Something to consider
Cabeza
Houston Lee said:

If you took a shot of tequila every time someone on the show says "phenomenon" you would die of alcohol poisoning in 5 minutes of showtime.

It also reminds me of the Muppet Show song "Mana.. Mana" and I want to go "doo--- doo da doo-doo" every time they say "phenomenon"
My wife and I were doing the same thing (humming it now - not the shot part, though because you are correct about that too!) Phena- mana

We caught season 1 on Netflix last week and then realized there were 2 more seasons on the history channel. Binged the whole thing.

There is some cheese - the "don't dig" at the beginning was weird and Bryant, initially, was a wet rag. And some of the other stuff seems to be played up with exaggerations for the drama for TV. We have to take this as part of the format and willing to take it in as info.

But Travis Taylor is great. He and Erik work very well together and they have put together a seemingly methodical scientific exploration with cameras and sensors and stimuli, although they didn't do some things we thought they should try. I was saying they needed to get into the anomaly at the mile-high spot with the helicopter. They eventually tried this, and all the difficulties in getting into that spot are really weird and fascinating. They believe they can spur a UAP response by firing rockets, and judging by the shows, they may be right.

The metal they found under the mesa was really strange. I'd like to see more of the analysis details on that - alloy, etc. The handheld XRF reading had Fe, Mg, Si and some other stuff. I don't know if it was limited in what it could detect, and they did SEM analysis which would have been more reliable. Having the different layers that were fused together was very interesting. Made me think there is definitely something down there that was manufactured and buried. That doesn't mean it is a spaceship though.

It will be really interesting to see them get into those voids under the mesa next season - assuming that is priority 1. I also assume that they have completed filming and experimenting since it is now winter. I think if they discovered something huge, the news would have leaked or will leak soon.

We are very entertained by the show - and that is, after all, what we are going for. I'm still skeptical and open-minded, but we can't wait for Season 4.
TCTTS
AG
Hell yeah. Great analysis/rundown, and I'm right there with you for season four.

The big news this off season was that Travis was revealed as one of the authors of/researchers for the official UAP report that went to Congress last year, and it turns out no one on the show (or anyone else) had any idea. He had to keep it that secret. Dude is so smart, and has his hands in everything, but is also such a good ol' boy from Alabama, which makes for a fun/interesting dichotomy.

Anyway, I'm super curious to see if they address any of that next season, considering how big of a deal it was (at least in those circles), and how hush hush he apparently had to be.
Cabeza
That is interesting. I wonder:

- Does Travis have a clearance where he can access past info on the ranch? That would seem potentially relevant to his government report.
- If he knows, can he share it with the SR crew or use the info in their experimentation?
- Brandon wanted independence from the government. Does this jeopardize his goal or would he view it that way?

I guess if they found out the Secret of Skinwalker Ranch that way, then the show would be over. History channel probably has an interest in not knowing the answer for a while.
TCTTS
AG
Those are great questions.
Charles Hickson Knows
The Hopi people of the southwest mention "sky gods" and "ant people" in their writings. What is categorized as paranormal to us...is simply normal to "them" IMO.
Orbital Debris
AG
Clearance doesn't matter. Any reports are in the hands of Bigelow and he doesn't share. As far as I know there was never a sanctioned gov't operation after Bigelow bought the Ranch. In fact, the MUFON folks were upset when the gov't released UFO files to Bigelow and he would not share.

One day we had a DOD investigator show up to Aerospace site in North Las Vegas to do background checks on a former employee applying for clearance at her new job. Security told him he could do it in the security office, and they would call me up from the plant to talk to him. DOD investigator says well, I'm cleared for XXX I can go down. Security tells him to put away the credentials, none of those work here.

The investigator was somewhat mystified.
TCTTS
AG
Interesting. Good to know.
Orbital Debris
AG
This is the first time that I have looked at the thread in a while.
If you would like to fall down the Skinwalker rabbit hole, this site has decent maps, and info on previous investigations, otherwise take the rest with a sense of humor. The section on the 'entities' is fun and about half of them are what Bigelow actively investigated.
https://www.skinwalkerranch.com/timeline/

And further down the rabbit hole, google George Knapp and Colm Kelleher and look at some of the excerpts from their books. The Knappster was a funny guy and I was astounded at what Colm could say with a straight face.

Charles Hickson Knows
TCTTS said:

Finished season three this week. So good.
Your thoughts on the current controlled extraterrestrial reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up?
When the contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization adapt to this publically known reality? What might be some of the potential implications of disclosure of this reality?

Do we really want to know the full truth?
AgBQ-00
AG
New season coming April 18
TCTTS
AG
Beast of Burden
So is this like Ghost Adventures meets Mythbusters?

Sounds really interesting but am hesitant because shows that never actually show anything tend to wear me down.
TCTTS
AG
Basically, yeah. There are of course no smoking guns yet, but they conduct a series of legit scientific experiments on the property and the results can be incredibly compelling at times. Personalities clash a bit in season one, which is actually kind of funny, but the team is a well-oiled machine now, works really great together, and each season has been better than the last.
Beast of Burden
I'll give it a shot. Always been interested in that place.
TCTTS
AG
Yesssss...

AgBQ-00
AG
Very excited about this.
AgBQ-00
AG
New season tonight at 9 central
texsn95
AG
Is this show better than Blind Frog Ranch?
hph6203
AG
I wonder how much those drone performances and helicopters cost to rent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.