*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,307,001 Views | 27043 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Aggie_Journalist
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I had to guess, between Malkovich and Hauser, one is playing Mole Man and one is voicing Herbie.

That said, I don't know a ton about the Fantastic Four, but I was also wondering if there was some kind of government handler-type character from the comics, who acts as liaison or whatever. Or, maybe, like a rep from/the head of the equivalent of Shield in that universe. Because if so, I could definitely see Malkovich filling that type of role as well.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I really like this dude. Definitely has a presence about him, and kind of strange, deep voice. He was the father in The Witch, one of the creepiest movies I've ever seen....

He was SO good in The Witch.
YouBet
AG
Quote:

X-Men was never going to be the movie where Marvel takes a chance on some up-and-coming hotshot, though Feige and his execs did cast a wide net for this all-important franchise reboot.

Really? Because casting a wide net seems to have only caught two guys who are up and comers...at best...based on their resumes. If this is where we've landed then either this is not the hottest writing ticket in town, or Feige is doing the opposite of what this article says is his intent.

I recognize almost nothing that they've done. Granted, I'm not the most up to date person on film these days.

TCTTS
AG
Where are you getting that they're "up and comers… at best"? I'm not a big fan of their credits, but quality aside these guys are incredibly experienced, successful, and in-demand. Most writers would kill for either of their resumes. My only complaint is that I was expecting more of a Damon Lindelof type; someone who at least worked on more prestige/bigger blockbuster content before.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Where are you getting that they're "up and comers… at best"? I'm not a big fan of their credits, but quality aside these guys are incredibly experienced, successful, and in-demand. Most writers would kill for either of their resumes. My only complaint is that I was expecting more of a Damon Lindelof type; someone who at least worked on more prestige/bigger blockbuster content before.

Most of that stuff is second and third tier if I've even heard of it. So maybe that's more accurate to say than up and comer.

Again, I'm not up to speed on all the latest stuff though.
nickstro66
AG
I'd be down for the X-Men '97 writers to take a crack at the movie
The Porkchop Express
nickstro66 said:

I'd be down for the X-Men '97 writers to take a crack at the movie
No lie, the last few episodes, especially the last one were just brilliant and pulse-pounding. I said on the other thread and I'll repeat it here, the ability to show their powers in animation makes the live-action / CGI movies look like garbage.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Quad Dog
AG
We probably would have said the same stuff about The Russo Brothers when they were named for Captain America and Avengers. "They hired the guys from Community?"
TCTTS
AG
Except Community was good.
TCTTS
AG
This was starting to get out of hand, as a few sites over the past year or so have been charging for leaked info, a ton of it being Marvel content, and half of it outright lies. The last straw, it seems, was this site charging to view a leaked image from the latest Captain America movie, which is insane. There's been some speculation that this case could put a big dent in spoiler/leaker culture, which I wouldn't be unhappy about...

The Porkchop Express
On the bright side he looks a lot less stupid than he did at the end of F&WS. I don't think he could even turn in that suit.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Decay
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

On the bright side he looks a lot less stupid than he did at the end of F&WS. I don't think he could even turn in that suit.

I hated the neck on the old one
YouBet
AG
Decay said:

I hated the neck on the old one

Save the neck for me, Clark.
AgfromHOU
AG

This suit is the definition of comic accurate
Sea Speed
AG
TCTTS said:

This was starting to get out of hand, as a few sites over the past year or so have been charging for leaked info, a ton of it being Marvel content, and half of it outright lies. The last straw, it seems, was this site charging to view a leaked image from the latest Captain America movie, which is insane. There's been some speculation that this case could put a big dent in spoiler/leaker culture, which I wouldn't be unhappy about...

He looks exactly like A Train in that photo.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'd love to see spoilers go away completely. It used to be that way, where you didn't risk ruining the big surprise in some big movie coming in the next couple of months by opening up the media of the day. Spoilers could come via trailers, yes, but there wasn't every Tom, Dick, and Harry trying to out-scoop each other by revealing that Darth Vader was Luke's dad.
#FJB
maroon barchetta
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I'd love to see spoilers go away completely. It used to be that way, where you didn't risk ruining the big surprise in some big movie coming in the next couple of months by opening up the media of the day. Spoilers could come via trailers, yes, but there wasn't every Tom, Dick, and Harry trying to out-scoop each other by revealing that Darth Vader was Luke's dad.

Spoiler alert
tx1c
AG
Yeah, didn't you read the warning on page one?
maroon barchetta
The Porkchop Express
AgfromHOU said:

This suit is the definition of comic accurate

That doesn't mean it looks good on tv.
jokershady
AG
here's another marvel movie with a much bigger budget than previously thought.....jeez guys.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinereid/2024/05/11/disney-reveals-doctor-strange-2-cost-more-to-make-than-avengers-2/?sh=50c40b657d54

some snippets from the article:

Quote:

Disney has revealed that the cost of 2022 superhero movie Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness surged to a staggering $414.9 million (331.9 million) making it one of the most expensive instalments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), even surpassing team-up flick Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The total budget was buried in filings released earlier this week which show that Avengers: Age of Ultron cost 6.4% less to make than Multiverse of Madness but generated three times more profit based on the box office reported for the movies.

So Avengers 2 was slightly less expensive but made 3x more profit than MoM??? Yikes!

Quote:

Movie budgets are usually a closely guarded secret as studios tend to absorb the cost of individual films in their overall expenses and don't itemize the cost of each one. However, films shot in the United Kingdom are exceptions to this and Multiverse of Madness was one of them. It was made by a Disney subsidiary named Supreme Works Productions II in a nod to Strange's role as the sorcerer supreme.

Quote:

Studios filming in the UK benefit from the government's Audio-Visual Expenditure Credit which gives them a cash reimbursement of up to 25.5% of the money they spend in the country. To qualify for the reimbursement, films must pass a points test based on factors such as how much of the production took place in the UK, whether the film showcases the UK, whether the score was recorded in the UK and how many of the lead actors and production team are from the UK.

It perhaps explains the incongruous appearance in Multiverse of Madness of a classic red British phone box and also why Stewart's super group includes fellow Brits Hayley Atwell and Lashana Lynch.

Crucially, in order to receive the reimbursement, at least 10% of a film's core production costs need to relate to activities in the UK. In order to demonstrate this to the government, studios set up a separate Film Production Company in the UK for each picture they make there and it is responsible for everything from pre-production and principal photography to post-production, delivery of the finished film and payment of goods and services in relation to it.

Quote:

As the chart below shows, this yielded total costs of $414.9 million but then came a $64.3 million (51.4 million) reimbursement from the UK government reducing Disney's net spending on Multiverse of Madness down to $350.6 million.
Madmarttigan
AG
The funny part is some of the CGI in that movie was awful for the price
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
Crazy. Ironheart finished like a year ago. Maybe they'll dump it at once like Echo but hopefully it's a lot better than that.
YNWA_AG
AG
Thanks Bob for making a show about the worst part of BP2
jokershady
AG
I'll watch daredevil but have no desire for Agatha or fake teenage iron man
redline248
AG
I liked Agatha in WandaVision, so I'll watch, but I am unsure how she's gonna carry a whole show. Her character on WandaVision was pretty funny until the reveal that she was a witch. I wonder how much of that character will carry over into her being a full witch all the time
The Porkchop Express
YNWA_AG said:

Thanks Bob for making a show about the worst part of BP2
Timeline

December 10, 2020: Ironheart series announced by Kevin Feige
June 15, 2022: Series begins filming
November 3, 2022: Series wraps filming
November 20, 2022: Bob Iger returns to Disney as CEo/Chairman

jokershady
AG
I'm the exact opposite….i was really enjoying WandaVision because the story was strong enough it didn't need an antagonist thrown in at the end…there was enough of a strong story with Wanda basically taking over an entire town for her own selfish needs….making herself an antagonist while her family slowly realizes what's going on….and her struggling to make a decision to keep with the charade making everyone suffer for her own desires or to let everyone go free….

That could've been amazing to see if they focused on that more but apparently that wasn't enough of a story for them so they had to do the Disney trope of a "surprise villian" once again….
redline248
AG
I am not sure you know what opposite means. I said I liked her before we found out she was a witch.

It's also possible I didn't clearly state my point.

I did like the Agatha All Along song, but I have my doubts about a full show
The Porkchop Express
redline248 said:

I am not sure you know what opposite means. I said I liked her before we found out she was a witch.

It's also possible I didn't clearly state my point.

I did like the Agatha All Along song, but I have my doubts about a full show
It should be an Agatha / Step Brothers / Madame Web crossover.

double aught
AG
One of the all time great character intros.
TCTTS
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 769 of 773

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.