Women's Tennis 2023/2024

284,793 Views | 3573 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by bigfoot10s
Chruchie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nichole not in doubles line up today, daria steps in. not all worried for results, mizzou has only won 2 total team point so far in conference play.
Chapa96
AG
Chruchie said:

nichole not in doubles line up today, daria steps in. not all worried for results, mizzou has only won 2 total team point so far in conference play.
Ags takes the doubles

Line 1 Mia Kupres & Mary Stoiana won 6-3

Line 3 Sydney Fitch & Daria Smetannikov won 6-2

Chruchie
AG
nichole also not in the singles lineup. everyone slides up. hope it's not an injury, if so that it's just a tweak and she's resting here. i still expect today to be a sweep
aggiedrjdub
AG
Chruchie said:

nichole also not in the singles lineup. everyone slides up. hope it's not an injury, if so that it's just a tweak and she's resting here. i still expect today to be a sweep

Same. This match shouldn't matter, but going forward it definitely will hurt if she's out.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
whitehart
Fed Cup
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ah good to know.

Does mizzu only have 5 courts? Why hasn't Ellie's match started yet?
aggiedrjdub
AG
Mary first off, 6-1, 6-0. Ags up 2-0
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Mary first off, 6-1, 6-0. Ags up 2-0
5-0 now.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I am just baffled at line 5.

Ellie is going to finish before line 5 and she started after lines 1 and 2 finished their matches.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Aggies up 6-0

Mary, 6-1, 6-0
Mia, 6-1, 6-2
Lulu 6-4, 6-0
Jeannette, 6-1, 6-1
Daria 7-5, 2-6……..
Ellie, 6-0, 6-0
aggiedrjdub
AG
Not sure if line 5 is still playing. Shows the match is finished with no winner. Split sets.
Chruchie
AG
it shows daria just won. 7-0 sweep!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ok good deal. Way to refocus and close it out. I think coach weaver has a conundrum on his hands. All of the top 7 are great players but, Ellie is clearly outplaying Daria right now. Daria could end up being a massive player but something is off right now.
Ag4eva95
She doesn't have a ton of experience though in juniors. Clearly she has t he physical tools, but she needs some major refinement. The mental game of hers is very inconsistent. Even point to point
Anchorhold

aggiedrjdub
AG
Ellie is a really heady player on the court. Super smart, moves the ball around and has the confidence and tools to find her opponents weaknesses and consistently attack them. Really an impressive player tbh. Coach knows best bc he's with them more, but Gianna came in with an 11.20 UTR and something happened after freshman year too. Fortunately Daria has so much time to develop but I think you have to put your most consistent options at 5 and 6 and for me, now, that's Jeanette and Ellie.
bigfoot10s
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

It's definitely a loss of focus and intensity. I have watched Ellie and Daria play. Yes, Daria has more fire power (tbh not that much more), but Ellie is a really heady player on the court. Super smart, moves the ball around and has the confidence and tools to find her opponents weaknesses and consistently attack them. Really an impressive player tbh. Coach knows best bc he's with them more, but Gianna came in with an 11.20 UTR and something happened after freshman year too. Fortunately Daria has so much time to develop but I think you have to put your most consistent options at 5 and 6 and for me, now, that's Jeanette and Ellie.

Won't matter when CB shows up.
bigtimeag1977
The girl Ellie beat is a 6.9 UTR and a walkon for Mizzouri.
aggiedrjdub
AG
The girl Daria played was 8.0.
aggiedrjdub
AG
bigfoot10s said:

aggiedrjdub said:

It's definitely a loss of focus and intensity. I have watched Ellie and Daria play. Yes, Daria has more fire power (tbh not that much more), but Ellie is a really heady player on the court. Super smart, moves the ball around and has the confidence and tools to find her opponents weaknesses and consistently attack them. Really an impressive player tbh. Coach knows best bc he's with them more, but Gianna came in with an 11.20 UTR and something happened after freshman year too. Fortunately Daria has so much time to develop but I think you have to put your most consistent options at 5 and 6 and for me, now, that's Jeanette and Ellie.

Won't matter when CB shows up.

I hope your insider information is correct. Haha!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Carson won again. Beat an 11.57 UTR.

Final tomorrow.

Let's win that and then come home and finish what you started, Carson.

aggiedrjdub
AG
Aggie Tennis said:

Carson won again. Beat an 11.57 UTR.

Final tomorrow.

Let's win that and then come home and finish what you started, Carson.

I believe she also won the doubles championship.
Anchorhold
Anchorhold said:

still no longer listed in the main draw for another tournament in Tunisia next week, and in the qualifiers in Corsica the week after.

fifm
aggiedrjdub
AG
Anchorhold said:

Anchorhold said:

still no longer listed in the main draw for another tournament in Tunisia next week, and in the qualifiers in Corsica the week after.

fifm

Surely she's won prize money with all of these tournaments she's been succeeding in?
Anchorhold
In other parts:
#3 Pepperdine lost to Stanford and Cal this weekend.
#4 Virginia lost at NC on Friday and plays at #21 Duke today.
#15 NCState squeaked passed #19 Miami at home on Friday which as of now may bump us down to #12.
#7 Georgia (co-leading the conference) played without Vecic again on Friday, but even without her shouldn't have a problem getting over Ole Miss today.
#1 Okie Lite and #2 Michigan still have only one combined loss excluding matches against eachother.

Go Farmers. BTHOpig!
bigfoot10s
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Anchorhold said:

Anchorhold said:

fifm

Surely she's won prize money with all of these tournaments she's been succeeding in?

All about how much to cover your expenses. A 15k win doesn't pay as much as you'd think.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Do we think vecic is out for fed cup like nicole?
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Do we think vecic is out for fed cup like nicole?

How long is Nicole out?
aggiedrjdub
AG
Hoping it's just this weekend
bigfoot10s
AG
Should be just this weekend, she is at Fed Cup
aggiedrjdub
AG
AGGIES VS razorbacks

Doubles:
1 - Mary/Mia 6-3 Aggies win
2 - Jeanette/Lulu 4-6 razorbacks win
3 - Sydney/Daria 1-6 razorbacks win

Aggies drop the doubles. Down 0-1
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

AGGIES VS razorbacks

Doubles:
1 - Mary/Mia 6-3 Aggies win
2 - Jeanette/Lulu 4-6 razorbacks win
3 - Sydney/Daria 1-6 razorbacks win

Aggies drop the doubles. Down 0-1
Dang
aggiedrjdub
AG
Watched the doubles. Line 3 was just an absolute blow out. Weren't even competitive. Line 1 had a sketchy few moments but rallied to win 5 games in a row. Line 2 was back and forth. Have to say, disappointing call by the coach to line Lulu up in the I formation at a deciding point. You have to either commit to poaching, or stay in a traditional formation. Jeannette rolls a serve in and it's just an easy return winner for the receiver. Not a fan of that call at all on a deciding point with your shortest player at the net.

We play on…
Aggie Tennis
AG
That was rough.

Even without Nicole we are favored at every singles position. Hopefully we make a statement early.

Having Nicole and Carson in the doubs lineup will change things considerably.

Curious if Mark slots Carson at #2 with Luci or puts her with Mary for a dominate number one and slides Mia down.

Either way, we get much better.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm good with Carson and Nicole at 3 lol!
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.