Wild Spring Dunes (Mt. Enterprise)

8,322 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by kyledr04
EastTxAggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a name to this course now. It's happening. My friend is doing the dirt work for it. For a price of $65,000 and an annual $7600 you can become a founding member. Pretty fancy place for tiny little Mt. Enterprise, TX.

Same guys as Bandon Dunes that are designing it, Michael and Chris Keiser.
EastTxAggie05
AG

TexAgs1992
Any word on if public resort play will be made available? That's rich for my peasant blood.
EastTxAggie05
AG
I think all Dreams courses are public play options. Just like Bandon Dunes.
JCA1
AG
That seems like a very steep buy-in for a track that will allow public play. Pretty sure that's similar to Bluejack's pricing when they were first trying to get it off the ground.
jagvocate
AG
Never thought anyone would spend $65k in Mount Enterprise

E
AG
Its basically just a flex for super rich golfers.

They do this buy in at all their new resorts, only real benefit is their golf is paid for but unless you live in the town the resort is in youre only going to play it a handful of times in a given year.

I believe you don't even get discounts on lodging so you still have to pay to stay there.
TheRatt87
Wondering if the biggest benefit may be some sort of priority access/reserved dates for members during peak times of the year. Tried booking something for Bandon or Sand Valley in the last couple of years?
JCA1
AG
TheRatt87 said:

Wondering if the biggest benefit may be some sort of priority access/reserved dates for members during peak times of the year. Tried booking something for Bandon or Sand Valley in the last couple of years?

For most that I hang out with, being a member is more about avoiding 5 hour rounds with dudes in jorts in front of you than tee times.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Interesting that there's no mentioned yet on the Dream Golf website.
Kansas Kid
Two best course design teams in business today. Those courses will likely be highly ranked and a lot of fun to play from day 1.
EastTxAggie05
AG
I hope they have a solution to the east tx wild hogs that will want to tear up those fairways and greens .
cab559
AG
I bet it will be high fenced and hogs eradicated during development.
The Milkman
AG
If Doak and C&C are the design teams I'm 100% in with blind faith. No one better for this generation of golf design.

Might be time to buy real estate in Nacadoches

Edit. Do not buy anything.
Kansas Kid
The Milkman said:

If Doak and C&C are the design teams I'm 100% in with blind faith. No one better for this generation of golf design.

Might be time to buy real estate in Nacadoches

A lot better than Hanse in my opinion. Especially for this style of golf course. Hanse is decent but I haven't thoroughly enjoyed his courses like the other two.
The Milkman
AG
I really loved The Park. Still need to see Rustic Canyon, Soule Park, Pinehurst 4 and the Yale reno when that's done.
progress
AG
anyone know the exact cross streets there? is that right off 259?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Here's my take on Keiser.

He got lucky with Bandon. One of the most difficult places in the US to travel to but also one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world with a very depressed economy. Lodging sucks in Coos County Oregon with just a handful of small motels and very limited STR (new law) - with influence over local politics enough to extend the runway of the local airport (north bend- coos bay) to allow airline jets to land. My buddies were on the airport board of directors who voted in favor of against the heavy opposition from the locals and natives claiming native american burial grounds... I think. But Bandon sells links golf and rules the hospitality; lodging food and drinks.

So they're taking a similar approach to Mt. Enterprise, middle of nowhere, hard to travel to but just enticing enough for the DFW/Houston market golfers to drive to utilize their lodging for a few days of golf. The difference is the weather. As unpredictable as the coastal weather may be, you can count on year round cool weather and no snow at Bandon. And I'd prefer that over Texas hot/cold weather.
98Ag99Grad
AG
So there's this development, along with the Freestone Lake in Fairfield and Pine Ranch near Tyler all being planned/constructed for East Texas. Quite the boom for that part of the state.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Place will easily sell out with drivers from Dallas, Houston, and Austin.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Local kids will make good $ caddying, some enterprising pimps will provide much needed service, hot little girls will make tons of money in tips, many local boys will get their heart broken and some happy families will get broken up.... Damn golf.
bagger05
AG
Bandon revealed a really good formula.

Sandy soil
World class architect
Coastline

Build it and they will come.

They've copied and pasted it enough that I don't think you can say it's luck at this point.

With Sand Valley they figured out you don't need the coast and you don't need year round golf weather to make it work. Hence Colorado and now Texas.

The other thing that is probably playing into this is that during the winter only one of their North American properties is playable. This will add a winter option for links golf outside of Bandon.
bagger05
AG
Also aren't you the golf board's resident links-hater?
AggieDruggist89
AG
bagger05 said:

Yes I am.

Heading to Scotland for 8 rounds on July 31.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Luck as in the massive success they enjoyed with Bandon. Not the expansion. BTW, David M. Kidd was an unknown architect when he designed Bandon. Of course what could could go wrong on that property.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

bagger05 said:

Yes I am.

Eff you for that trip and you hate links ?

I hope Delta handles your golf bag !!!
bagger05
AG
Good point about DMK.

Also I hope you survive your Scotland trip.
AggieDruggist89
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

bagger05 said:

Yes I am.

Eff you for that trip and you hate links ?

I hope Delta handles your golf bag !!!

Dude I saw that video.... WTF

Flying American
AggieDruggist89
AG
bagger05 said:

Good point about DMK.

Also I hope you survive your Scotland trip.

I've been practicing on my bagpipes. Ready to punk dem Scots with my version of Scotland the Brave

bagger05
AG
You should learn "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
You should definitely play "God Save the Queen" the Scots love that one !!
98Ag99Grad
AG
This is what you need.

JCA1
AG
Looks like they have a website up and running now.

wildspringdunes.com
kyledr04
AG
I already know of some guys in Panola county that are very interested.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.