Vancouver, BC

524 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by superunknown
Pirate04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! Looking at driving up to Vancouver from eastern OR over the long Memorial Day weekend but no idea where to even start looking places to stay or things to do. Is it a place worth visiting for a group that has never been to Canada??

We are Hilton loyalist but I'm also a Marriott fan.
SockDePot
We went to Whistler in Jan, which is another 1.5 hrs north of Vancouver and had an awesome time. The Olympic village is full of bars and restaurants. I think they run the peak to peak gondola year round.

Not sure if it would be a great trip for kids.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Vancouver is worth a day or two at most just for the food. Whistler is a great place to visit for sure. I'd add taking the ferry to Vancouver Island and driving up to Tofino.
chick79
AG
Highly recommend. It's one of my favorite areas in North America. We stayed at a really nice Airbnb in North Vancouver. You need to also take the ferry to Vancouver Island and see Victoria (capital of British Columbia). You can see killer whales along the way. A visit to Butchart Gardens is a must. Overall it's an amazing area and you could easily spend several days there. People are friendly too.
StinkyPinky
AG
What others have said. North Vancouver (if you get an Air B&B, look in Deep Cover and specifically one right on the water of the Indian Arm). Quaint and beautiful town. Good Deep Cove and you'll see what I mean. Also +1 on Vancouver Island, Victoria is a great little city, but the magic happens up the west coast, especially Tofino which someone mentioned. Whistler is a great visit as well (and a nice drive). 30 minutes north of Whistler is Pemberton which is also specy. Enjoy!
chick79
AG
Yes. We did Whistler as well. You feel like you're in the Alps. Absolutely beautiful and the drive there from Vancouver is stunning.
superunknown
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Vancouver is worth a day or two at most just for the food. Whistler is a great place to visit for sure. I'd add taking the ferry to Vancouver Island and driving up to Tofino.

+1 on the food. Pretty much any variety of Asian food is available, a ton of food carts/street food, just a fun city all the way around. Walking and exploring Granville Street was pretty cool. Had a work gig in Vancouver a while back and never ventured outside downtown but I saw enough to want to go exploring more some day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.