Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Hypoglycemia

545 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by bigtruckguy3500
Corn Pop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any doctors that can help?

I'm male, mid-30's, overweight. I've been battling energy crashes and other things going on for almost two years now. I've been telling all the doctors that will listen that something is not right. The doctors finally put a glucose monitor on me and low and behold my glucose will just randomly tank throughout the day and night for absolutely no reason. Tremors, sweats, heart murmurs, headaches, etc. all accompany the crashes depending on the severity of the crash. I feel best at about 105-115 mg/dL but I mostly sit around 80-85 mg/dL even while nonfasting. When I crash with the monitor (so who knows how low it got before I had an alarm telling me to go fix the issue) it crashes to 54-58 mg/dL before I'm able to get it up. It feels terrible when this happens. Remember, it happens randomly. When I'm intentionally trying to spike it to get it up, highest I've been able to get it to is about 130 mg/dL but it won't stay up long. Blood tests and everything show A1c and other diabetes related tests all show to be great to normal range. Can anyone throw out a few ideas because everyone I've spoken to is at a loss.

Thank you
RightWingConspirator
AG
A few things to think about, always have quick sugar at your disposal particularly when you're driving a car. By quick sugar I mean a coke, Gatorade, etc. You do not want to be waiting on nuts/candy bar, etc. to convert while you're operating a vehicle. Liquid will always be best to treat hypoglycemia. I've been a Type 1 now for over 40 years and frequently experience hypoglycemia. In fact, I feel best in the 70-80 range and spend at least 70 percent of my week in the 70-90 range.

A1Cs run in the 4.5 - 4.7 range for me.
bigtruckguy3500
Hmm... Worst case scenario that popped into my head is an insulinoma. Basically an insulin secreting tumor. Probably need to have your insulin and c-peptide levels checked, maybe some autoimmune stuff. But ideally checked during an episode of hypoglycemia. Not sure what you've already had checked. Might need to see internal medicine, if not endocrine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.