Cullen Gillaspia Katy Taylor

23,363 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggiediehard10
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
he had an athletic scholarship for Harvard

Harvard and all Ivy League schools do not give athletic scholarships.

That said, they do generally help out athletes with extra financial aid assistance, etc.
shano0603
AG
did not know that.
FrontPorchAg
JAD AG85
AG
Funny to see this bumped. A&M has MANY kids enrolling that could have played a sport elsewhere, including at D1 schools. My personal example is David Hall (while Graham was still at San Jac) offered me a Rice Baseball scholarship (as did Graham - as his first official offer to a player as a college coach at San Jac in 1980). Other Aggies I personally knew right off the top of my head that could have played baseball elsewhere - likely D1, but went to A&M - Jeff Cordera - Cy Creek HS LHP - All Greater Houston, Mark Johnson - Spring Branch HS C All City, Darryl Heath Milby HS CF All City, Raymond Walkup Milby 1B and so on. The list goes on and on every year at A&M. I hope Cullen does well. However, this story is duplicated MANY times each and every year at a place like A&M. The degree is treasured and worth a lot in the marketplace. These guys are Petroleum Engineers, Dentists, parents of Aggie Basketball Players and who knows what else. My Aggie wife always likes to tell the Aggie Joke about me passing up a scholarship to Rice and going to A&M. It worked out though. I met her through her sister, who I met at an Aggie Happy Hour in Houston!!! Married 23 years now. Forget Rule #1!! It ain't going to happen!!
amercer
AG
quote:
quote:
he had an athletic scholarship for Harvard

Harvard and all Ivy League schools do not give athletic scholarships.

That said, they do generally help out athletes with extra financial aid assistance, etc.

My understanding is at this point if your parents make less than about 200k then Havard pretty much picks up the full tab via all of their aid packages. Still have to get in though which isn't easy.

[This message has been edited by Amercer (edited 7/3/2014 9:03a).]
Maroon Flash
AG
Cullen is listed as a LB on the latest roster! Gig'em!
Aston04
AG
quote:
Announced in 2004, The Harvard Financial Aid Initiative (HFAI) is a continuation of this tradition and greatly expands financial aid to families who earn less than $80,000. And, if your family earns less than $65,000 per year, your parents pay nothing for you to attend Harvard. It is simply our effort to make sure you and your family know you can afford to attend Harvard.

https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/how-aid-works/harvard-financial-aid-initiative
67walkon
If we want to keep him we better put him on scholarship. He will have several full offers elsewhere before the fall is over. Player.
Gordo14
quote:
If we want to keep him we better put him on scholarship. He will have several full offers elsewhere before the fall is over. Player.

I didn't realize college football had free agency
postman56
AG
quote:
quote:

I didn't realize college football had free agency

aggiediehard10
AG
Good to see Cullen on the second string. I thought Sumlin was going to make him the 12th man. He's worked his Azz off.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.