new ranking?

10,985 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by trouble
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
when Arkansas and A&M play in 2 weeks...there will be a lot at stake

and also possibly a softer regional for the series winner

the winner might get DBU and Lamar as its 2 & 3 seeds

whereas the loser gets the 2nd / 3rd place Big 12 team as its 2-seed
92Ag95
AG
lol....such bullsh.t

If we'd won game two by one run we'd still be #1 after winning the series 2 games to 1.
Sean98
AG
92Ag95 said:

lol....such bullsh.t

If we'd won game two by one run we'd still be #1 after winning the series 2 games to 1.
If my Aunt had a pecker she'd be my Uncle
SchizoAg
AG
TexAg91 said:

Seemed pretty clear that this would happen when Kendall tweeted after the Aggies' Saturday loss (and UT win) that there would be a new #1. Apparently a UT Tuesday home loss to LIPSCOMB (and 2-2 week) and a potential Aggie road win against LSU (2-2 week) are not relevant to #1 ranking.

I don't really care, other than being top 8, but it definitely suggests there is some "business" in the rankings business. Of course, anyone who tracks tu rankings in any sport knows this…
Nothing nefarious going on. It is legitimate to count midweek games as less important, since teams aren't using their best pitchers, experimenting with different lineups, etc.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Kendall went to A&M didn't he?
SchizoAg
AG
The Marksman said:

Farmer1906 said:

The Marksman said:

A&M and Arkansas are the two best teams in the country and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves
I must be kidding myself then. I think Tennessee is very good and probably more deserving of a top 2 spot over Arkansas.
I don't think Tennessee is consistent enough to take 2 out of 3 against either us or Arkansas. They might play one really good game and beat either of us, but I can't see them winning a series.
I could certainly see them winning a series.

I could also see them sweeping, or being swept. This is baseball.
12thMan9
AG
Sean98 said:

92Ag95 said:

lol....such bullsh.t

If my Aunt had a pecker she'd be my Uncle

In today's world, she could be both.
Ronnie '88
Pumpkinhead
AG
Just make sure we are hosting all the way to Omaha. Top-8 is what matters.
aginlakeway
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Yep. A&M graduate.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
greg.w.h
AG
I graduated from A&M and live in almost complete anonymity on the other hand…other than random people getting their feathers ruffled by my utter nonsense…
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! Stay strong and keep the faith brother!
Sean98
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Yes
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah, I knew that.My comment was meant for the goober who said"…what do you expect from a sip…".
DatTallArchitect
AG
96ags said:

I don't get the Clemson and ECU love, but this at least seems fair. Don't mind where the Ags are at all.
Agreed. I don't understand Clemson jumping us. Didn't they lose a home series against unranked NC State a week or two ago?
HoustonAg2106
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

96ags said:

I don't get the Clemson and ECU love, but this at least seems fair. Don't mind where the Ags are at all.
Agreed. I don't understand Clemson jumping us. Didn't they lose a home series against unranked NC State a week or two ago?

Rankings are always reactive to what happened that week, it's just the nature of doing weekly rankings.
DatTallArchitect
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

DatTallArchitect said:

96ags said:

Rankings are always reactive to what happened that week, it's just the nature of doing weekly rankings.
I understand that but have we lost a home series to an unranked opponent? Clemson is 36-10
TexasAggie81
dabo man said:

First time I met Kendall was the '93 regional, and he was this little kid from Lufkin. Hard to believe how well he's done for himself.

Great family, too. Huge Aggie baseball fans.
twk
AG
TexasAggie81 said:

dabo man said:

First time I met Kendall was the '93 regional, and he was this little kid from Lufkin. Hard to believe how well he's done for himself.

Great family, too. Huge Aggie baseball fans.
I remember Kendall climbing on the backstop when we beat Baylor at their dump in '98 to win the Big XII.
dabo man
AG
Quote:

I remember Kendall climbing on the backstop when we beat Baylor at their dump in '98 to win the Big XII.

That's funny. Maybe there were a group of them because I can remember wadd96 doing that as well. Not a small man... thought that fence was coming down.
twk
AG
dabo man said:

Quote:

That's funny. Maybe there were a group of them because I can remember wadd96 doing that as well. Not a small man... thought that fence was coming down.
Yes, there were several.
trouble
AG
and they were all loco

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.