new ranking?

10,984 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by trouble
joerobert_pete06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are we going to drop from the #1 ranking? Not sure when they are up dated
I Like Mike
AG
My guess is 3.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
I think k 1 still maybe 2
Sean98
AG
Tennessee likely gets their turn at #1. It's possible we fall behind Clemson as well.
RossWag
AG
likely still 1 after other teams stumbled this weekend as well.
Farmer1906
AG
#2 Baseball America & Perfect Game. Tennessee is #1 in both.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Even after tenn lost to that traditional powerhouse Lipscomb College on Tuesday night?
TexAg91
AG
Seemed pretty clear that this would happen when Kendall tweeted after the Aggies' Saturday loss (and UT win) that there would be a new #1. Apparently a UT Tuesday home loss to LIPSCOMB (and 2-2 week) and a potential Aggie road win against LSU (2-2 week) are not relevant to #1 ranking.

I don't really care, other than being top 8, but it definitely suggests there is some "business" in the rankings business. Of course, anyone who tracks tu rankings in any sport knows this…
Luke The Drifter
AG
Based on what I read on TexAgs this weekend, I'm guessing we fall completely out of the polls, miss the post-season altogether, and should probably disband the entire athletic department.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
RossWag
AG
We slipped to #2. Tennessee is the new #1
dBoy99
AG
I don't want to be #1 in May. Top 8 is all that matters...
aginlakeway
AG
We're still #1 in RPI. That means more than any other ranking.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Brother Shamus
Luke The Drifter said:

Based on what I read on TexAgs this weekend, I'm guessing we fall completely out of the polls, miss the post-season altogether, and should probably disband the entire athletic department.

This is the way
hunter2012
AG
Baseball America we moved to 2, UT to 1. In my opinion this is the perfect setup 2 in the human polls and 1 in RPI would keep us near a top seed without that pesky curse being an issue.
Muktheduck
TXAGBQ76 said:

Even after tenn lost to that traditional powerhouse Lipscomb College on Tuesday night?

If you paid much attention to Florida this year you'd know most of the rankings don't care one bit about midweeks
TXAGBQ76
AG
It was a sarcastic comment
Agryan00
Conference championships dont mean that much in baseball especially with conference tournys. However given our inept ability to win anything across all sports I would like to see us take home the banner because alot of the conference really does not respect us. I hear about it every time travel for work to Charlotte. You would think we would get a little respect but we don't.

We need a sweep this weekend against Ole Miss. Just stomp them like we did Vandy. I see Tenn stumbling in Nashville this weekend 50/50 on a series loss as Vandy needs the series after getting swept and they play better at home. Arky we can take care off at our house next weekend. Kentucky is where we need help. They go to Florida this weekend which is a bit of rivalry. Time for Florida to get back on track and grab two of three. Then Kentucky finishes with Vandy where we need Vandy to make sure they don't sweep. This puts us in tie for end of season with Kentucky.

All doable which should set us up for favorable matchups in the post season.
dBoy99
AG
Charlotte, Tennesse?
McInnis
AG
I guess Tuesday night games really don't matter.

96ags
AG
I don't get the Clemson and ECU love, but this at least seems fair. Don't mind where the Ags are at all.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I think Tuesday games matter to the D1 Baseball folks, but they're just not weighted as heavily. My guess is they put about 75% of their ranking emphasis on the weekend results and about 25% on the mid-week results. Heck, the emphasis might even be 80-20 or 85-15, for that matter.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
McInnis
AG
We're still at no. 1 in rpi

twk
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

I think Tuesday games matter to the D1 Baseball folks, but they're just not weighted as heavily. My guess is they put about 75% of their ranking emphasis on the weekend results and about 25% on the mid-week results. Heck, the emphasis might even be 80-20 or 85-15, for that matter.
I would say that the way to think about Tuesday games is that they don't mean anything head to head (because its not your best against their best), but it might say a little something about the depth of your pitching staff. But, with the way the post-season is structured nowadays, that kind of pitching depth is not terribly relevant, so maybe it factors in as a tie-breaker if all other things are equal, or downgrades a team a bit that consistently has problems on Tuesdays.
aginlakeway
AG
Yep. More important ranking than D! baseball.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Gyles Marrett
If we had lost on Tuesday to Lipscomb and were 2 or 3 in the rankings we damn sure would not move up....
12thMan9
AG
Agryan00 said:

Conference championships dont mean that much in baseball especially with conference tournys. However given our inept ability to win anything across all sports I would like to see us take home the banner because alot of the conference really does not respect us. I hear about it every time travel for work to Charlotte. You would think we would get a little respect but we don't.

We need a sweep this weekend against Ole Miss. Just stomp them like we did Vandy. I see Tenn stumbling in Nashville this weekend 50/50 on a series loss as Vandy needs the series after getting swept and they play better at home. Arky we can take care off at our house next weekend. Kentucky is where we need help. They go to Florida this weekend which is a bit of rivalry. Time for Florida to get back on track and grab two of three. Then Kentucky finishes with Vandy where we need Vandy to make sure they don't sweep. This puts us in tie for end of season with Kentucky.

We're not in the ACC, why do your Charlotte people care?
Ronnie '88
dBoy99
AG
12thMan9 said:

Agryan00 said:

We're not in the ACC, why do your Charlotte people care?

Maybe he meant Charlotte, Tennesse...
powerbelly
AG
Agryan00 said:

WGAS? I've got news for you, they also aren't going to respect us after a regular season conference title.
dabo man
AG
Dropped to number 3 in d1baseball

trouble
AG
Because Kendall hates us
Tergdor
AG
I just think it's a joke that there's two 40-win teams in the best division of the best conference in college baseball and they're not both 1 and 2 until they play each other.

Gotta have something to write about in the sports blogs I guess. Need that ad money.
Farmer1906
AG
I think the SEC East is the best division this year.
dBoy99
AG
trouble said:

Because Kendall hates us

What do you expect from a sip?
trouble
AG
dBoy99 said:

trouble said:

Because Kendall hates us

What do you expect from a sip?

Where did you get the idea that Kendall is a sip?
Eike Mlko
Yes because 2 close losses on the road to the defending champ is waaaaay worse than being embarrassed at home by effing lipscomb.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.