*****Aggies @ LSU - Sunday*****

108,593 Views | 1813 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by AgEng06
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was obviously said before the last home run when he struck out for the umteenth time, but I'm guessing you knew that.
Sean98
AG
This whole sports weekend was just a setup for Sunday. The Stars and the Ags pooping the bed early putting me in a foul mood only to flip the script and make everything all better before bedtime last night.

... On the other hand if the sports world would have spread this our a little more I might not have a headache this morning.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Ok, sorry.

That would be incredibly hard to do, no? Has anyone done it?

Ok, that was the original question. Ignore post.
StinkyPinky
AG
Sean98 said:

This whole sports weekend was just a setup for Sunday. The Stars and the Ags pooping the bed early putting me in a foul mood only to flip the script and make everything all better before bedtime last night.

... On the other hand if the sports world would have spread this our a little more I might not have a headache this morning.
That was a sweet hockey game last night...
trouble
AG
I cannot imagine that it's possible. At some point they'd just stop pitching to him, riiiiiight?
BadMoonRisin
AG
That would mean 1 player would be responsible for 10 runs. Yes, I would hope that they would give him a free bag to avoid further damage.
Mark Fairchild
AG
So proud of my youngest daughter, AggieWilliford, for her 5th inning prediction!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
BadMoonRisin
AG
Me too!
you moran
AG
Thisguy1 said:

That was obviously said before the last home run when he struck out for the umteenth time, but I'm guessing you knew that.

Yes. He was 4 for 12 (.333) before his 2nd homer of the series. He was 4 for 8 after the 1st two games. 2 for 5 with risp.
Sean98
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Ok, sorry.

An OU softball gal did it earlier this season (last season? I'm getting old - but she did it)
Thisguy1
He struck out a lot. He was missing balls he normally hammers. This isn't meant to be a **** on Jace moment, just that he was probably ready to get home. I doubt he's happy with the amount of strikeouts he had. He had 3 Ks Saturday and he was 1-5 with 4 Ks on Sunday. The announcers were googling what a 5k game is called because he already had the golden sombrero. Then he shut them up with a home run.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Sean98 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Ok, sorry.

An OU softball gal did it earlier this season (last season? I'm getting old - but she did it)
Damn, that is quite an accomplishment -- but to trouble's point -- why did they keep pitching to her after the first....1...2..3...home runs, with varying levels of base occupation. HOW!?
RED AG 98
AG
5th inning -- GG's 17th is our 106th of the year

22!
RED AG 98
AG
5th inning -- Apple!!! His 9th.

Hwy 21 -- the gateway to God's Country

RED AG 98
AG
9th inning -- KAEDEN KENT SUPERFISH SALAMI! That's his 1st of the year.

20!
RED AG 98
AG
9th inning -- who else but Jace to move us into the teens. That's his 25th and number 109 for the team.

19!!! A North - South Highway out there towards that sliver in East Texas.

Cen-Tex
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

So proud of my youngest daughter, AggieWilliford, for her 5th inning prediction!
Am looking forward to more of her predictions
RED AG 98
AG
Still looking good.
Sean98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

5th inning -- Apple!!! His 9th.

Hwy 21 -- the gateway to God's Country

The "Apple" doesn't fall far from the tree?
Sean98
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Sean98 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Ok, sorry.

Damn, that is quite an accomplishment -- but to trouble's point -- why did they keep pitching to her after the first....1...2..3...home runs, with varying levels of base occupation. HOW!?
Okay, apparently the clip I saw was last year (they did a special about it in 2023 for SEC, this SC clip from 2022 is the most condensed version), but actually of a game from 2019. ...AND it was WooPig not LandThieves. But red is red, so whatever.

4-4 with 4HR in 4 innings.

RED AG 98
AG
This particular Apple went pretty far though. "Apple" has been my running nickname for him since early in the year. I think autocorrect caught a lot of people initially so I just started intentionally misspelling it .
Sean98
AG
Ahhh... ok. Suuuure.
RED AG 98
AG
Search the record, counselor .
you moran
AG
You should listen to the Schloss interview currently pinned at the top. Every fan should.

You and some others overweigh the significance of Jace's strikeouts (and the team's strikeouts as a whole). He strikes out a lot but he also walks a lot (gets on base) and produces runs at a high rate. He did more of the same this weekend. His ob% was like .500 this weekend. I get it, old school thinking versus new school/analytics. Find your pitch or pitches which tends to lead to more deep counts.

Our big 3 strikeout a lot. The most on the team. They also produce the most runs by far. Our team as a whole works counts a lot. They look for their pitch rather than simply something they can get their bat on.. Our team leads, or is very near the top, in the nation, in walks, strikeouts and runs.

I mean I get it, in some situations, just get the bat on the ball and when I played making contact, low strikeouts, situational hitting was preached. But overall, what matters is runs. That's the tradeoff we are willing to make. Our team's approach leads to more strikeouts but also leads to getting on base more, getting more power shots, scoring more runs.
Thisguy1
Agree with everything you're saying and I listened to Schloss and Ryan today. I'm just telling you, 4 strikeouts in a game is what's going to sit with Jace more than the solo shot he hit in his last AB. The HR will make it sting a little less, sure.

Schloss is saying all of those things because that's the job of a coach (which I am) when a player (which I was) is going through some struggles. Really listen to what he's saying though. Yeah, you struck out, so let's look at why. And the player usually looks at his hands or something technical or the last pitch or a bad call, but Schloss looks at the fastball you swung through, or didn't swing at, or the hanging breaker you didn't hammer. Which is why I'm saying Jace swung through some pitches he usually hammers. He was just off just a tick.
you moran
AG
I'm not saying he was perfect. Or there weren't pitches or at bats he would like to have back. Or there won't or shouldn't be analysis. That I agree with. I agree with all that except for the "really listen" bullsh*t. We lost 2 games and there were certainly what ifs. We had the bases jacked with no outs and K'd 3 straight times on 9 pitches in game 2 with Jace being the third out (and he swung at and fouled off the first pitch - just fyi for those people). Maybe the pitcher just made great pitches or maybe our bats swung through or didn't swing at something they should have smoked or a pitch to get a run home in that situation, Didn't analyze it but I'm sure they will. That also wasn't your initial comment.

Your initial comment came across like he should hang his head in shame. That he had a horrible weekend. He didn't. Even before his last HR. If that wasn't your intent, my bad. It wasn't his best and there will certainly be reflection but he still produced and had very good at bats including a couple of those Ks. Game 3 was rough but we won big. He was 4 for 8 with a walk and hbp in the 2 losses. .600 ob% through game 2.
Thisguy1
Ok, buddy. Have a good one.
McInnis
AG
"You should listen to the Schloss interview currently pinned at the top. Every fan should."

I took your advice and did, and glad I did. I got so used to avoiding interviews during the Jimbo era because there was never any useful information given out but Schloss really explains things well.
AgEng06
AG
Schloss is a great interview. Yes, there is some coach speak in there, but he's probably the most candid and straightforward coach I can think of when it comes to interviewing and telling you what he really thinks/feels.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.