SEC Midweek Games (4/30 - 5/1)

6,429 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by RED AG 98
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Lipscomb, before tonight:

RPI: 228
SOS: 199
Q1: 0-9
Q2: 0-4
Q3: 5-4
Q4: 10-10

That's a really bad midweek loss for UT. Cost them 3 spots in RPI today, down to 8...

It won't have any affect by year's end, except a seed maybe. What might end up happening is Tenn is paired against an SEC team for a seeded SR matchup due to something like this.

Now, if they lose to Queens (don't ask) next week, all bets are off.
Sean98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Grand Canyon adds 1 more to score 12 in the 7th. Arizona puts up a zero; that's a run rule.
Three losses in a row for AZ, who had won something like 18 of last 20. RPI has plummeted to 40.

GCU 24, AZ 8 F/7

keeps them from hosting, which was not warranted in the first place. But have no fear, they're a dangerous 2
RED AG 98
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

RED AG 98 said:

Lipscomb, before tonight:

RPI: 228
SOS: 199
Q1: 0-9
Q2: 0-4
Q3: 5-4
Q4: 10-10

That's a really bad midweek loss for UT. Cost them 3 spots in RPI today, down to 8...

It won't have any affect by year's end, except a seed maybe. What might end up happening is Tenn is paired against an SEC team for a seeded SR matchup due to something like this.

Now, if they lose to Queens (don't ask) next week, all bets are off.
I guess I kinda agree. The issue with UT is they are on the edge of top 8 vs 16 in RPI (not ranking).

Tennessee's last 3 series are:
at Florida
at #17 Vandy
vs #15 S Car

That's not exactly a cakewalk. Boyd's Nitty Gritty only updates every morning so today isn't included, but prior to today they had 12 games remaining and needed to win some combination of 8 or 9 out of 12 (now 11) to remain in the top 8 RPI. RPI of course isn't everything; point is if they falter they are in danger of traveling for a Super. They have a lot of work to do yet if they want to stay in the friendly confines of Lindsey Nelson.

Tennessee

Remaining: 6 home, 6 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 5
ROWP: 0.535

Top 45:
No more wins needed.

Top 32:
0 home wins, 1 road wins
1 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 16:
0 home wins, 5 road wins
1 home wins, 4 road wins
2 home wins, 3 road wins
3 home wins, 1 road wins
4 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 8:
4 home wins, 5 road wins
5 home wins, 4 road wins
6 home wins, 2 road wins
RED AG 98
AG
Just because it's so glorious, here's the deets on where the Ags stand as of this morning, prior to the Tarleton game. It really is beautiful. Basically .500 ball to remain a national seed. You couldn't ask for anything more with 70% of the league series complete.

Texas A&M

Remaining: 5 home, 6 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 1
ROWP: 0.604

Top 45:
No more wins needed.

Top 32:
No more wins needed.

Top 16:
No more wins needed.

Top 8:
0 home wins, 5 road wins
1 home wins, 3 road wins
2 home wins, 2 road wins
3 home wins, 1 road wins
4 home wins, 0 road wins
RED AG 98
AG
Yep, they are toast. UC Irvine has taken quite the leap however. They could just keep that same regional projection but shuffle it to LA with AZ as the 2.
W
AG
it's been a terrible week for Arizona -- adios to hosting

looks like Oregon State (33-11) and Irvine (33-8) will be the west coast hosts

that would decrease the chances of a west coast team in College Station -- specifically Arizona, UCSB, or San Diego

but the likes of Cal, Utah, and Oregon still need a place to go

W
AG
key game for #49 Lamar (34-8) tonight

can't lose to RPI 198 Rice

would like Lamar to stay in 3-seed range
jkag89
The Cardinals need to keep as strong of a RPI as possible. The Southland is generally a one bid league. They don't want to give the selection committee any excuse to leave them out if the don't win the conference tournament.
jkag89
RED AG 98
AG
Really strange home run. About the slowest you will ever see but not the cheapest. I'm going with bad data...

RED AG 98
AG
This Miss St v Ole Miss non-conference game has me thinking... I'm sure it's been asked somewhere but does anyone think we'll continue the midweek series with tu next year? My totally not-in-the-know guess is that we probably do not.

If we don't I think it'd be good to replace them with another team of similar caliber rather than just a directional system school...
jkag89
Not off to a good start for Lamar

Owls 4 5 0
Cardinals 0 2 0
==============
Top 3
jkag89
I have no idea it they are going to continue the midweek contest or not but I hope so. Either have the midweek played at the team that is the visitor for the SEC series or played it a neutral site moving it around the various minor league parks around the state.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
But can we stand the RPI hit if we play them that many times.
jkag89
They'll get an RPI bump by just being in the SEC. All but one SEC team (Mizzou at 93) currently as an RPI better than 45.
RED AG 98
AG
jkag89 said:

I have no idea it they are going to continue the midweek contest or not but I hope so. Either have the midweek played at the team that is the visitor for the SEC series or played it a neutral site moving it around the various minor league parks around the state.
I would actually love either of these ideas.
Sean98
AG
I mean, 350' at that point in the ballpark probably just sneaks over? If wind aided I could see it. (I'm not watching so just a WAG)
RED AG 98
AG
Yeah, I'm guessing that is true. But it's not 315' or something. Wasn't thinking about the wind but that's a real possibility.

I don't think I've ever seen a home run with an EV in the 80s though, for example.
Sean98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Yeah, I'm guessing that is true. But it's not 315' or something. Wasn't thinking about the wind but that's a real possibility.

I don't think I've ever seen a home run with an EV in the 80s though, for example.
True, but I have long believed our guns were juiced in Olsen. Not sure about the newer trackman data but the gun a few years ago always seemed to be a little hot.
RED AG 98
AG
Wake is AT High Point tonight. Currently leading 13-11 T8. Been close most of the way...
RED AG 98
AG
High Point with a two out rally gets 1 back in the 8th. Just missed a 3 run bomb by 6"; Wake RF makes the catch at the pony wall. Would have easily been gone without the defender there.

Wake 13, High Point 12 E8
RED AG 98
AG
State and Ole Miss tied 1-1 after 7.
PhatMack19
AG
This park looks good on TV. The front row is below the field
RED AG 98
AG
Wake 15, High Point 12 F
W
AG
Lamar drops to RPI #57 with the loss

that was a bad one
W
AG
OU and OSU have dropped to RPI #25 and #26

tough to host from there

would be difficult 2-seeds for A&M or Arkansas
jja79
AG
trouble said:

Grand Canyon University sounds like a scammy online school

I live in Phoenix so they're my 2nd school. Really nice campus with about 20-25,000 students and great athletic facilities. Their SS last year was the 6th pick in the MLB draft.
RED AG 98
AG
jja79 said:

trouble said:

Grand Canyon University sounds like a scammy online school

I live in Phoenix so they're my 2nd school. Really nice campus with about 20-25,000 students and great athletic facilities. Their SS last year was the 6th pick in the MLB draft.
25k in Phoenix and ~90k online only
jkag89
Other Wednesday Top 25 Scores
Navy 0 - #11 Virginia 10 (7)
William & Mary 2 - #12 North Carolina 19 (7)
#13 Wake Forest 15 - High Point 12
jja79
AG
None in Qatar though.

I see there are 38 masters programs offered online by A&M now. Must be a thing like WFH.

The win Tuesday over Arizona was the 2nd time they beat them in 2 weeks. They're pretty good.
AgLA06
AG
I just went back and looked at Kentucky's schedule because their overall record just doesn't hold up to Arkansas, A&M, or Tenn. There's some really bad losses on there.

• Washington St.
  • (2) Lost series to Kennesaw State including getting run ruled in game 1
  • Missouri

With Arkansas and Vandy left on the schedule, I think they're going to struggle down the stretch.
Sean98
AG
In Big10/12 news...

Quote:

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Jackson Brockett became the first Nebraska pitcher to throw an individual, 9-inning no-hitter in 60 years on Wednesday.
Brockett struck out 12 batters in the Huskers' 8-0 win over Kansas State. The junior from Omaha was nearly perfect, allowing only two walks in the shutout victory. Brockett was making his first start of the season against the Wildcats and pitched with emotion and confidence.
After the game, Brockett was speechless and said it was a surreal feeling joining an elite list of Nebraska pitchers. Only five other pitchers in program history have thrown an individual, 9-inning no-hitter. Anthony Kelley had a 7-inning no-no in 1981.

Brockett had 5.1 IP on the season coming in to last night. No-No's a pretty decent K-State team.
powerbelly
AG
Childress still is a great pitching coach.
RED AG 98
AG
Indeed he is.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.