Attendance is Up

13,673 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Luke The Drifter
ThunderFighter06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of attendance, this seems like big news!

dabo man
AG
If they send a crew to Olsen, great, but the games were already available nationally to anyone with an ESPN sub and Internet access.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Monaco mentioned on the Saturday radio broadcast that the ESPN crew will be in person.

I *think* he said Karl Ravech and Kyle Peterson will be on the call, but I could be mistaken.
BQ_90
AG
not sure that is possible with temp bleachers. Remember you cannot block the fire lane.
twk
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

Monaco mentioned on the Saturday radio broadcast that the ESPN crew will be in person.

I *think* he said Karl Ravech and Kyle Peterson will be on the call, but I could be mistaken.
Hart and Kyle Peterson were talking about going to College Station for the Arkansas series during one of the games against LSU this weekend, Hart saying he already has reservations at The Republic.
Hearne_Ag
AG
BQ_90 said:

not sure that is possible with temp bleachers. Remember you cannot block the fire lane.
one can only dream
12thMan9
AG
TroubadourFestival said:

RED AG 98 said:

Do we know the top weekend total? I wonder if we have a chance to break it versus Arkansas or if it requires a different stadium configuration or ? Either way, Arkansas weekend is going to be insane. I only wish the Troubadour Festival didn't conflict with the game...
With the Saturday game being at 2:00, the hope is folks come over to catch the main stage show after the game. That's the date that was provided to us by the University, so we had to go with it. We're hoping to see a lot of fans join us after!

Well, it was a nice thought/hope.
Ronnie '88
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Nice. Tom is one of the best ESPN has.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

I think the only push they need is some big donations. The added seats at Olsen will not pay for themselves, unless you figure in the one-time donations that might come from some folks who might be enticed to donate (in part) through the chance to get seats in new premium seating.
This is the correct answer. Schloss gave the example that if he can raise $85 million lets say then we will get x, but if we can only raise $20 mil then we are looking at scaling back certain plans. I don't think he was trying to pinpoint that the magic # was $85 mil, just that we need to hit a substantial target to get what's planned and that raising funds is how we will get there. Attendance helps if that turns into more season tickets, perhaps luxury boxes, etc. but the scope of the project is still in flux.

He stressed that the Aggie Baseball Stadium Survey that should be out soon will be a lot like the one for Kyle Field in which it helped shape the final result because of the money raised in the process.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Looks like a good crowd vs. Rice tonight. Full everywhere except Section 12.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Luke The Drifter
AG
Tonight's attendance vs. Rice - 7,111

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.