Post here if you wanted Childress fired

33,204 Views | 330 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Captain Pablo
Verne Lundquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im here to eat crow. Great job coach.

Let's get this NC
ClassOf17
..up about winning the whole damn thing?

In
EMY92
AG
I was in the fire Childress camp for several seasons.

He won me over last year, losing our top 2 pitchers for almost all of the season and still should have been a national seed was amazing and was a testament to him.

This year, he just kept things rolling.
AgDadJP
We have one of the best coaches in the nation! I just hope everybody will quit being negative and start supporting him.
terradactylexpress
I have for several years, hopefully this year he proves me wrong. I still want a ****ing Omaha victory
themissinglink
AG
Prior to last year, I was in that camp. He's done a masterful job of coaching these past 2 seasons. Especially considering the losses to our rotation both years.
CrottyKid
AG
He is the kind of coach you just keep until he quits.
AgsWin2011
AG
Way to go, Coach!

Where was he before he was here?
Mr. White
quote:
Way to go, Coach!

Where was he before he was here?

Heaven?
Paradise Ag
AG
quote:
I have for several years, hopefully this year he proves me wrong. I still want a ****ing Omaha victory
Hang in there buddy.

Don't get all caught up in this SEC Tournament Champions, #1 ranked team in the country nonsense.

Maybe we can still find some other reason to fire him like disappointing the TexAgs doomsayers, overachieving despite losing his Friday starter, or making a stupid lineup change that caused us to score tens runs plus against three top ten teams.

His future still hangs in a delicate balance.
AFDave13
AG
While on the coaching discussion.... We need to go up to Will Bolt and just have this conversation:
ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:
quote:
Hang in there buddy.

Don't get all caught up in this SEC Tournament Champions, #1 ranked team in the country nonsense.

Maybe we can still find some other reason to fire him like disappointing the TexAgs doomsayers, overachieving despite losing his Friday starter, or making a stupid lineup change that caused us to score tens runs plus against three top ten teams.

His future still hangs in a delicate balance.
3x
Woodward: So, Will, how much money is it gonna take for us to keep you around?

Bolt: (answers)

Woodward: Double it.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Both Billy Kennedy and Childress have really delivered this spring 2016 after a ton of criticism. First conference championship in basketball in 30 years and then only 3rd Sweet Sixteen in basketball program history.

And now #1 ranked baseball team, won the SECT and gonna get a national seed with a great looking chance to not only get to Omaha but win the whole dang thing.

Here is to baseball finishing off a fantastic season and then we'll see if Sumlin and football are able to follow basketball and baseball and get back on its feet this fall.
fightintxag13
AG
After 2013 and 2014, I was definitely in that camp. I'm glad I was wrong!
bwmammoth
AG
"Fire Kennedy," Aggie basketball is SEC regular season co-champs and Sweet 16!

"Fire Childress," Aggie baseball wins SEC tournament championship, National 4 seed, and ?????!

"Fire Sumlin," Aggie football wins ................?
ColoradoMooseHerd
To even compare Childress and Kennedy in any way is just plane stupid.
aeroag14
AG
quote:

And why would that be?
CapCityAg89
AG
I never call for a coach to be fired. I hate eating crow for one. And for two, I have zero idea what it takes to be an elite D1 coach in any sport. I can kind of recognize progress but do worse at recogniting true regression. Given that it's better to keep supporting the teams (coaches and players), hope they do well and hope people that really can make those decisions do so correctly.
CapCityAg89
AG
Oh and I'm REALLY glad we stuck with Childress. I've enjoyed this season as much as any in any sport the last 20 years save maybe 2012 football. And maybe, just maybe 2015 basketball.
Paradise Ag
AG
quote:
" ... plane stupid."
threeanout
AG
If Childress doesn't win Coach of the Year.....it would be travesty.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
You might have both Kennedy and Childress win SEC Coach of the Year in 2016. We'll see on Childress. Both basketball and baseball have had great springs, and criticism has been largely quieted of both on the message boards for the time being. that is the comparison.
William_C_G
AG
Before today I have largely supported Aggie coaches like CapCityAg. But BWMammoth has shown me the error of my ways.

FIRE SUMLIN!!!
OasisMan
AG
i was on the fence

i dont recall if i ever teetered over the edge or not
One Tooth Man
I wanted him gone just for playing small ball.

The brand of ball he's playing since joining the sec brings home championships.

Recruiting, facilities, and reputation are all looking good for the coming years.
Rocky Rider
AG
Childress is a helluva coach. Always has been and always will be regardless of what TexAgs posters think.

APHIS AG
For as many "almosts" that we have experienced over the years, and their have been to many to count, to include being one game shy of a regular SEC title this year, I am hoping that the "almosts" start to disappear and the "we did it" start to appear. This includes the other sports as well.

The SECT was a good start.
72jag
AG
My only excuse is that I have BAS and when the Aggies are highly rated and they lose, the symptoms kick in badly. But we had some great accomplishments in basketball and baseball in 2016 and I couldn't be more proud of the coaches and the team. Now, football needs to follow suit.
ApachePilot
AG
Nope just sumlin
Serious Lee
here to eat my crow. its amazing what a couple quality assistants (bolt and stansbury) can do for a head coach. its fairly evident that andy "sawdog" was holding childress back.

its also a plus that childress is a no-nonsense guy that gets high character out of his players. cant say the same about some other A&M coaches.
jja79
AG
Isn't it a little early for this? Great season, great SEC tournament and congratulations to RC, but the goal is still out in front.
ColoradoMooseHerd
So we have one person waiting to call for his firing this year.
OnlyForNow
AG
So fire him unless he wins the college World Series? Right?

Jesus I'd hate to be y'alls family or worse yet your spouse.
jkag89
Actually a bit surprised it took this long for someone to post something along this line.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.