Naquin -- Wacha -- Stripling

5,887 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sean98
Yell Practice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Current Big League Stats

Naquin BA .333

Wacha 1-0 ERA .276

Stripling 0-0 ERA .265

SchizoAg
AG
Think you might've misplaced the decimal point on those ERAs.
Yell Practice
You are right. Sorry about that.

Wacha 1-0 ERA 2.76

Stripling 0-0 ERA 2.65
histag10
AG
And misspelled Naquin in the thread title
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Ross wasn't too sharp last night against Atlanta, only went 3.2 and gave up 3 runs... But what a start to the year for him! Everyone is entitled to a bad outing every now and then, but I didn't even think he was "bad". Dave Roberts pulled him a little early imo. Luckily, my Dodgers could rally for the W! Very proud of Ross and the job he has done so far this year. Should have 2 wins if the boys in blue could score him any runs...
Yell Practice
"Very proud of Ross and the job he has done so far this year."

Yes, 2.65 ERA is very good so far. Keep it going Ross.
Yell Practice
Ty Naquin

AB 18
H 6
RBI 1
BA .333
Yell Practice
Yell Practice
Ty Naquin

AB 22
H 7
RBI 1
BA .318
Yell Practice
Ty Naquin

AB 25
H 8
RBI 1
BA .320
Yell Practice
Ty Naquin

AB 29
H 9
RBI 1
BA .310

Yell Practice
Wacha 2-0 ERA .282
Sean98
AG
Not vintage Wacha yesterday with 4 walks and 0 Ks. But 6 innings and only 2 runs allowed. Cards asked enough in the Top of 7, when he was still the pitcher of record, to earn him the win, and then they turned it into a laugher against the Padres bullpen.
Yell Practice
Way to hang in there Michael.
Yell Practice
Ty Naquin

AB 33
H 10
RBI 2
BA .303
gougler08
AG
Yell Practice, you may want to redo your ERAs on this page. I know that Wacha and Stripling are good, but they aren't the best 2 pitchers in the history of sport
Sean98
AG
Strip got his first MLB decision last night and unfortunately it was a loss. He still pitched pretty good, but not great. 5.1IP, 8 hits, 3ERs, 3BBs, 3Ks. Gave a bomb to Giancarlo Stanton.

Officially 0-1, with a 3.22 ERA after 4 starts.
jkag89
Hate that Ross got the L, but IMO it is never a bad thing when the effing Dogers lose.
Tanya 93
quote:
Hate that Ross got the L, but IMO it is never a bad thing when the effing Dogers lose.
Amen
Yell Practice
"Hate to see Ross get the L"

Yes --
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Roberts mismanaged the game again, IMO. Ross was already at 95 pitches trough 5 innings and yet they allowed him to hit in the bottom half of the inning so he could continue in the 6th. Roberts must've had to know he was tiring and still ran him back out there in the 6th so he could give up a 3rd and deciding run. Tried to save his bullpen instead of managing to win and in return didn't get his guys rest and got a loss. Upsetting to watch Ross get an L and even more upsetting to see my Dodgers lose a game they shouldn't have. But that's the way baseball go, I guess...
Sean98
AG
...okay, so this isn't aimed at you because I don't remember what your opinion was at the time. But in 4 starts I have now read, "Ross only had 100 pitches, why did they pull him!?? Roberts is a bum!" ...and now "Ross had 95 pitches through 5 and was tiring, I can't believe Roberts ran him back out there!"

Just humorous to me. Managers can't win. (even though I don't particularly think DR is going to be a good manager.)
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
I don't necessarily think he is a bad manager. I don't think he made the wrong call in San Fran considering he had a young arm, an investment and more importantly a person at risk. Would it have been nice to see Ross given the opportunity to at least finish or lose the no-no? Yes but it would've been worse to see him get hurt on pitch 104 or something like that. I don't think he mismanaged that game at all. He did what was best for his club's future and unfortunately the bullpen didn't come through that night.

Last night was a completely different story. Ross was due up second in the bottom of the 5th, having already thrown 95 pitches. Why not pinch hit with Joc Pederson or Adrian Gonzalez, who were both on the bench last night and let your bullpen go to work instead of letting a tired arm with a high pitch count go back out there? The decision came back to bite him as Ross gave up two hits which led to a run and was removed after getting the first out of the inning. It ended up being the difference in the game. Of course there would've been no guarantee, especially with a bullpen that had been used quite a bit the weekend before in Denver, that they would've shut down Miami anyways.

It happens and guys make mistakes. Personally think it was a mistake to not pinch hit for Ross in the 5th, but who knows what went through Roberts's head. I wasn't upset with the way Ross pitched at all, management screws up sometimes and that's alright. Thank god theres 162 games and room for mistakes.
Sean98
AG
I wasnt trying to attribute the original thought to you, just to be clear. Just pointing out that managers are damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
I know, I was just sharing my opinion. I agree with you that managers can't win no matter what they do, but sometimes their mistakes are more obvious than other times.

Regardless, I just hope the Dodgers keep Ross up with the big club. He's fun to watch.
Yell Practice
"keep Ross up with the big club".

Sure hope so.
Yell Practice
Ty Naquin

AB 36
H 12
BA .333

seebond
AG
quote:
Ty Naquin

AB 36
H 12
BA .333

Naquin needs more PT in Center for Cleveland. And with Brantley coming back I hope that doesn't kill what little time he had.
Rajai Davis is on the down slope of his career. Naquin needs the ABs to develop.

Go Get 'em Ty!
Sean98
AG
He's played in center every game against a RHP so far this year.
Yell Practice
Hang in there Strip. Keep working.
Sean98
AG
Wacha needs to keep the ball down tonight. Night games in Arizona... the ball jumps.
Yell Practice
Wacha 2-1
ERA 3.20
Sean98
AG
Helluva challenge for Tyler today. Vince Velasquez has been very good this year and already has a 16k game this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.