My Observations

5,572 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mgreen
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why are we ignoring the first half of the season?

Did we develop a pre-season the nobody knows about?
victory
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
doc,

Don't feed the troll. He hates A&M and has proven that for years. Shows up every time he thinks he can rub it in, then hides until his next opportunity. Can't win an argument with him because he will keep changing the perimeters of the conversation to fit his trolling.
How the hell am I trolling? I didn't put down a&m or say they weren't a good team. Take off the maroon glasses and stop blaming the officials and the committee every time A&M doesn't have something go their way in a sport. It's really simple, do better than 10-8 down the stretch and the ag's host. Every time y'all lose it's someone else's fault.

You're looking to pick a selective reason why we shouldn't have got a seed. TCU's resume loses to ours no matter how you slice it. Winning a weak conference is the only thing they have. We'd have ran away with that crap conference. Our RPI, SOS, and record all beat them. You're ignoring a whole bunch of data to focus on the one point that agrees with your bias.
The committee is not going to assume something like that. 10-8 over the last month and a half is why we didn't get a top 8.
victory
AG
quote:
Why are we ignoring the first half of the season?

Did we develop a pre-season the nobody knows about?

Nothing new, they look at who's playing the best to close the season and as mentioned earlier they don't put much stock in conference tourneys. See Illinois
threeanout
AG
Illinois had a worse resume than TCU. Big 10 was the 7th ranked conference in RPI. Illinois had the lowest RPI of any of the top eight seeds. Illinois went 2-2 in their tourney.
dermdoc
AG
Can anyone explain to me why they gave MS a seed when they can't host a Super. And why pair them with okie lite and essentially give the Big 12 two seeds? Why not pair them with Vandy?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nereus
AG
They are paired with OSU because OSU is within driving distance and Vandy is not.
BoerneGator
AG
It's pretty obvious the committee picked the teams they wanted "in", then developed a rationale for their decisions, rather than develop a rationale (or use a historical one) and apply it to the field.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
quote:
Cagin, please explain why TCU deserved the national seed over A&M. Especially since they went 0-2 in the BDF tourney. A&M has a higher RPI and SOS. Not to mention that A&M went 14-7 against top 50 RPI teams while TCU went 7-5. How the hell does a team from a "power" conference only play 12 games against top 50 RPI teams?

Why does it matter if they won their conference? RPI exists for this reason...to try to find a way to compare these teams from different conferences. Where they finish is completely irrelevant.
The conference tourney doesn't do much for a team unless they are trying to play their way into the post season(ex. ULL & UT). LSU could have went 0-2 and still been the # 2 seed. My point is the committee seems to look at winning the regular season by 3 games in the # 4 ranked conference is stronger than placing 3rd in the # 1 ranked conference. Pretty sure the chairman of the selection committee said they didn't put as much weight on RPI during the selection as they do some years. They said the same thing in 2011. If they went strictly off of rpi then 2 teams from the 7th ranked conference in DBU and Missouri st would have been in the top 8 host sites.

A&m had a better record than TCU with a tougher schedule. I don't know how it's any easier to explain who the better and more deserving team is.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
They are paired with OSU because OSU is within driving distance and Vandy is not.

The most important reason to seed 1-16 and play it out the right way. There no reason a team should be rewarded based only on geography. That's insanely dumb.
Tex100
AG
quote:
I don't think A&M's draw is all that bad. Even if A&M got a national seed, we likely would have been matched with either the TCU or Dallas Baptist (or Houston) regionals. It sucks to have to play them on the road, but I like A&M's chances against TCU. A&M's subregional also looks pretty weak.

I agree with OP that the committee gifted LSU a trip to Omaha with their draw.
What you expect for the national 2 seed.
mgreen
Gabe. There is your list of questions for Thursday. Have him explain each of the OP's issues.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.