No national seed

8,594 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by fireinthehole
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Dallas Baptist is hosting a regional- where? What stadium? On campus facility or the one Texas Wesleyan uses off Beech and I-30?
quote:
Missouri State is a Super Regional host? What is the size of their stadium?

Again, talking about stuff you know little about, both schools have excellent facilities that more then meet NCAA requirements which is not something many west coast schools that host can say.
EMY92
AG
quote:
Dallas Baptist is hosting a regional- where? What stadium? On campus facility or the one Texas Wesleyan uses off Beech and I-30?

Missouri State is a Super Regional host? What is the size of their stadium?
Dallas Baptist has a nice facility.

Missouri State shares a minor league park that seats 8000 and has many more suites than Olsen. It's a very nice park.

CrottyKid
AG
I understand that, but if you are on that committee and you see that it will be a tough fight to get the national seed but that TCU is in play and has politic support (and you know you will get paired with them because of geography), you could instead use your energy to try to make sure you had a relatively weak regional.

I know...conspiracy theory and grasping at straws to assume Hyman is a decent AD.
EMY92
AG
quote:
I understand that, but if you are on that committee and you see that it will be a tough fight to get the national seed but that TCU is in play and has politic support (and you know you will get paired with them because of geography), you could instead use your energy to try to make sure you had a relatively weak regional.

I know...conspiracy theory and grasping at straws to assume Hyman is a decent AD.
I think this pairing was going to happen either way, but they picked the wrong team as the national seed.

We are better in almost every metric than TCU.
Ag CPA
AG
As it has been noted above I think the weak/non-existent OOC road schedule, and the sorry field in Houston, were killer for us. On the other hand, TCU did well in some games out west that gave them some marquee wins. We need to get back to making trips to Fullerton and the other big west coast names instead of scheduling "not to lose" like Baylor football.
monarch
S
You are right; I didn't know that.

Now answer the UCSB question and the one about Fullerton; and don't send me a picture of Titan Field- I graduated from Fullerton in 1976.
Frok
AG
Still in easy driving distance for many Aggies. Gotta get there first though.
dermdoc
AG
Disagree completely. If you play in the best conference you should be rewarded for it. why does it seem like teams outside the SEC get more credit for playing SEC teams than the SEC teams themselves?

This is all political PC bull****,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
quote:
You are right; I didn't know that.

Now answer the UCSB question and the one about Fullerton; and don't send me a picture of Titan Field- I graduated from Fullerton in 1976.
Fullerton is a traditional power and has hosted a number regionals and supers. Maybe a stretch to host this year but it is what it is.

UCSB looked to be an easy host selection a few weeks ago, I assume they got rewarded for putting together a strong bid at a very nice facility.
trm94
AG
Neither of the little 12 teams are getting out of regionals. Small consolation I know, but NCS and AK are winning those regionals. UNC left out had to be a historical thing as well. Just a horrendous job by the committee overall - and we have more confirmation how worthless Hyman is
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Well, here are my two cents.

All the SEC teams in the field should be pissed that the hands-down best conference only got two national seeds due to the NCAAs spreading the wealth policy and need to go kick some ass to prove the point.

While A&Ms non-conference schedule wasn't great to start with, it really got killed by some of the smaller schools that are normally pretty good absolutely sucking this year and, as mentioned above, the disappointment in the field at Minute Maid.
Ft Worth Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I guess record doesn't matter for sh*t.

Called it several days ago, knew we'd get screwed over.
if you can't compete within your own conference, you're gonna get jumped. you called it, but we did it to ourselves. we didn't necessarily have to win - but we absolutely needed to compete.

12-3 is NOT competing

A&M lost to a top 10 in the semis, the same team the Aggies beat two days before. TCU loses to bad Baylor team and a stinky Tech team to not reach their semi-finals.
TwoTimeAg
AG
quote:
Any chance Hyman traded the national seed for a weak regional and a pairing with the weakest national seed?

Hyman wanted TCU to have the national seed so he could visit old friends at the Super Regional on his old stomping grounds...
Deadwood
AG
TCU got b*tch slapped against sh*tty competition in their conf tournament. We went 2-1 and 1-1 against def nat champ. But hey, facts don't matter I guess.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Whilie I think we deserved a national seed, especially ahead of TCU, not getting one isn't a hamper to post season success. I forgot the numbers, but less than half of the national seeds have won the CWS and only a little more than half have actually made Omaha in recent years.

None of the 7 teams we potentially have in our way to Omaha should put the fear of God in anyone. We can worry about LSU, etc. later.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
def nat champ

Has no relevance to the committee, nor should it.
W
AG
I agree. However unlike last year...I think we're going to see a lot of chalk in the postseason especially the regional round. A lot of these regionals look rather easy.

TCU, Illinois, Mo.State --- I don't think they'll stumble (or be exposed) until the SR round
catfan
How do TCU's and A&M's OOC road records compare? I don't believe A&M had many road games but wasn't the RPI heavily skewed to account for that?

"The ACC and SEC lead all conferences in the number of teams in the championship field with seven."
TMartin
Laughing about the Hyman comment. Hyman is building a football stadium and that's it.
dermdoc
AG
Catfan, A&M had a better RPI and SOS than TCU so the scheduling point is moot. It's like we were held to a different, higher standard.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EMY92
AG
quote:
Whilie I think we deserved a national seed, especially ahead of TCU, not getting one isn't a hamper to post season success. I forgot the numbers, but less than half of the national seeds have won the CWS and only a little more than half have actually made Omaha in recent years.

None of the 7 teams we potentially have in our way to Omaha should put the fear of God in anyone. We can worry about LSU, etc. later.
Since 1999 when the Super Regional format began, only 4 teams that played on the road in the Super have won the College World Series.

A few of them may not have been national seeds, but the vast majority were.

National seeds reach Omaha a little over 58% of the time.
pdg88
AG
Dallas Baptist does have a nice facility, but the picture above is of San Diego's stadium.

Here is DBU's baseball stadium:

ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:
quote:
I guess record doesn't matter for sh*t.

Called it several days ago, knew we'd get screwed over.
if you can't compete within your own conference, you're gonna get jumped. you called it, but we did it to ourselves. we didn't necessarily have to win - but we absolutely needed to compete.

12-3 is NOT competing

Idiot post.

We just beat Vandy 6-1 the game before and TCU lost to Baylor and Tech. Some people don't think before posting.
dfphotos
Why don't ATM and TCU play in non-conf play anymore? That would have helped this year.
AggieBB
AG
Dallas Baptist has a nice facility.

Posts pic of a field that clearly says University of San Diego on it. LOL
fireinthehole
quote:
Laughing about the Hyman comment. Hyman is building a football stadium and that's it.

Hyman has nothing at all to do with the Kyle Field project. In fact, he has nothing to do with most everything.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.