****AGS V PIGS OFFICIAL WEATHER THREAD****

14,904 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by HECUBUS
Air Force Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OVERVIEW: A weak front will be in the vicinity of College Station on Friday afternoon and evening and the atmosphere will be quite unstable as several upper-level disturbances move through the region. Thus, there is a medium chance of severe storms developing before first pitch on Friday evening in the form of what we call a Mesoscale Convective System (MCS). An MCS is a conglomeration of storms that gel together to form a big mass of heavy rain/hail/wind. If this MCS does indeed form and impact College Station, there will likely be a significant delay due to prolonged lightning and heavy rain. In addition, there may be a few discrete cells that form ahead of the MCS right at or just prior to game time. Unfortunately, thunderstorms and severe weather may still be a threat on Saturday, but is not near as likely as on Friday. So, if necessary, a doubleheader is possible on Saturday. By Sunday, the chances of rain/thunderstorms/severe weather decrease quite a bit. Thus, a doubleheader on Sunday is also possible.

The biggest challenge with this forecast is the exact timing and location of the thunderstorms and severe weather. Let's hope for the best so we can get all the games in!

Game 1: Friday at 6:35 PM

Weather: Mostly cloudy, windy and warm with showers and thunderstorms likely, some could be severe with damaging winds, large hail, and isolated tornadoes.
Wind: Southerly at 10-15 mph with gusts of 20-30 mph, higher near storms.
Chance of Precipitation: 90% (1-2+").
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 60%.
Temps: 1st Pitch: 78F
Mid-5th: 70F
9th: 68F

Game 2: Saturday at 7:30 PM

Weather: Partly cloudy and warm with a good chance showers and a slight chance of isolated thunderstorms, some could be severe (trace-0.05").
Wind: Southerly at 5-10 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 50%.
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 20%.
Temps: 1st Pitch: 79F
Mid-5th: 74F
9th: 70F

Game 3: Sunday at 3:00 PM

Weather: Partly cloudy, windy and warmer with slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.
Wind: Southerly at 10-15 mph with gusts of 20-25 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 30%.
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: < 10%.
Heat Index: Mid-to-upper-80s.
Temps: 1st Pitch: 83F
Mid-5th: 85F
9th: 82F

Enjoy the games and BTHO Arkansas!
Bernie13
Saw my first tornado at Olsen Field in 1990. We were in the dugout and heard screams. We all ran through the lockerroom and out back and saw the funnel from beginning to end. And then played about 30 minutes later.
Zone321
I predict we get all 3 games in with no weather issues whatsoever just like last weekend.
e cartman
AG
The fact that the Saturday and Sunday games are on traditional broadcasts and not streaming means working Doubleheaders around those broadcasts will be more difficult. If we play a DH Sat it will have to be a split day/night because the broadcast is at 6:30 PM. Would probably have to do a 1:00 & 6:30.
Capitol Ag
AG
I am hoping for a double on Saturday as I would love to travel in for that! Thanks AFA!
Kate Beckett
AG
Aw hail no!!! I don't have covered parking at my place and I don't want hail damage.
EMY92
AG
quote:
Saw my first tornado at Olsen Field in 1990. We were in the dugout and heard screams. We all ran through the lockerroom and out back and saw the funnel from beginning to end. And then played about 30 minutes later.
We lost that game to Cougar High. I remember seeing bats swinging from under both dugout overhangs as players were trying to hit the large hailstones.

Then, walking to the concourse on the west side of Olsen and seeing the tornado over Easterwood. Most of the few fans that were there took shelter in the Aggie locker room.
Bernie13
quote:
quote:
We lost that game to Cougar High. I remember seeing bats swinging from under both dugout overhangs as players were trying to hit the large hailstones.

Then, walking to the concourse on the west side of Olsen and seeing the tornado over Easterwood. Most of the few fans that were there took shelter in the Aggie locker room.

I remember catching a big hail stone in my hat and Coach "Wild Bill" Hickey jerking me in the dugout.
byoung1052
AG
Question -
I've only been to a number of games at Olsen and all have been relatively sunny. I have tickets for Saturday night's game and was curious, if my tickets are Section 206, row 3, will we stay dry under the overhang or is row 3 too low?

Not that it's going to rain or anything anyways, but just throwing it out there.
ftworthag02
AG
Row 3 is too low
trouble
AG
You need to fix Friday ASAP.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I was at the tornado game in 1990. I was working intramurals/rec sports back then and it was the sameday as the end of year Sports Officials Association picnic at Bee Creek Park.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Yell Practice
34-3 Keep it going against the Piggies Ags.
ensign_beedrill
AG
quote:
Aw hail no!!!
CrazyAgE
Your tickets may stay dry but I'm not sure you will.

(Just a little humor to get the day going!)

BTHO Arky!
The Collective
AG
quote:
I remember catching a big hail stone in my hat and Coach "Wild Bill" Hickey jerking me in the dugout.

ABATTBQ87
AG
how much rain did college station get Thursday?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
how much rain did college station get Thursday?

Depends on the area. Some areas got as much as 3.5 inches, 2 in other areas, and less in some others. But there were waves of rain around 4:30-5:30, and another around 7:15, and then more around midnight.
Air Force Ags
AG
Good news, Ags...Old outflow boundary just south of BCS region may keep svr wx/heaviest rain to south & delay tstms until 8 PM. I will give you more complete update soon.

Cheers,

Doc
Kate Beckett
AG
Right in the middle of the game. But sounds promising. Can't wait for full update.
Bud Fox
Got tickets for tonight only. If rainout and then doubleheader tomorrow how that work for viewing game 1?
Am I SOL or is stadium cleared between games?
Bunk Moreland
you will be able to watch game 1, but not game 2.
Air Force Ags
AG
***17 April 11:42 AM UPDATE***

OVERVIEW: An old outflow boundary from last night's convection is currently situated just south of College Station and may serve as an "Aggie Dome" until around 8 PM tonight. In addition, the best ingredients for severe weather (abundant low-level moisture, strong vertical wind shear/upper-level jet, high amount of surface convergence) will be confined primarily to S/SE TX. Thus, the heaviest rain and severe weather should stay south of Blue Bell tonight. There will still be some periods of heavy rain and numerous thunderstorms, but it should hold off enough to get 3-4 innings before the heavens open up and lightning delay ensues. Fortunately, thunderstorms and severe weather are a much lower threat on Saturday. So, if necessary, a doubleheader is possible on Saturday. By Sunday, the chances of rain, thunderstorms, and severe weather decrease quite a bit. Thus, a doubleheader on Sunday is also possible.

The biggest challenge with tonight's forecast is the exact timing and location of the thunderstorms and severe weather. Let's keep hoping for the best!

Game 1: Friday at 6:35 PM

Weather: Cloudy, windy and warm with showers and thunderstorms becoming likely by 8 PM and a small chance that some could be severe with damaging winds and large hail.
Wind: Southerly at 10-15 mph with gusts of 20-30 mph, higher near storms.
Chance of Precipitation: 30%...80% by 8-9 PM (0.5-1.0").
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: 20% at 1st Pitch...60% by 8-9 PM.
Temps: 1st Pitch: 78F
Mid-5th: 70F
9th: 67F

Game 2: Saturday at 7:30 PM

Weather: Partly cloudy and mild with a slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms.
Wind: Southerly at 5-10 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 30%.
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: < 10%.
Temps: 1st Pitch: 76F
Mid-5th: 72F
9th: 68F

Game 3: Sunday at 3:00 PM

Weather: Partly cloudy, windy and warmer with a very small chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Wind: Southwesterly at 10-15 mph with gusts of 20-25 mph.
Chance of Precipitation: 10%.
Chance of Thunderstorm w/in 8 Miles: < 5%.
Heat Index: Mid-to-upper-80s.
Temps: 1st Pitch: 83F
Mid-5th: 86F
9th: 82F

Enjoy the games and BTHO Arkansas!
spanky
AG
So is doubleheader allowed on Sunday or does it have to be two 7 inning games?
CypressAg09
AG
If we do a DH on Sunday I think it would have to be two 7 inning games since it's a travel day.
Bunk Moreland
that is correct. Important to be done with 2 games by tomorrow night.
trouble
AG
Looks like parents review might be safe!
Yell Practice
BTHO Arkansas
Al Bula
AG
It would be awesome if the game time could be moved up a bit today just in case it gets too nasty later on.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
It would be awesome if the game time could be moved up a bit today just in case it gets too nasty later on.

Edit. My bad.

Tonight isn't tv. Tomorrow and sunday are, so those are the locked times
gibbons3761
AG
Today isn't on tv. It's a watchespn/secn+ game. Saturday and Sunday are tv.
dermdoc
AG
Actually tonight's game is the only non TV game. Tomorrow is on ESPNU and Sunday is on the SEC network.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
spanky
AG
Cook has already posted no chance of moving today's game up
TempleAg97
AG
I'm on the fence of whether to drive from Temple or not but if I'm coming, I want to leave by 2:30. Spanky, anyone else, you think we will play or not?
Captain Pablo
AG
Are double headers permitted on sunday?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.