Syncing kzne.com audio with secn+ video is easy (and FREE)

2,135 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by letters at random
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you want to listen to Dave and Chuck instead of Will and Mark, this can be done with a free piece of software called vlc. It comes with most Linux distros and can be downloaded for Windows here:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Once you've installed it, run it, choose 'Media' and 'Open Network Stream'. For network URL, enter (you'll want to copy/paste this):
http://icy3.abacast.com/bryanbroadcasting-kzneam-32

Here's where you set the delay -
Select 'show more options' and modify the value next to 'cache'. This is your delay in milliseconds (i.e. a 30 second delay would be 30000). Mute, your secn+ video and adjust the delay to match. Click 'Play' to try the value. It's going to be a hassle to set the value the first time, but should just need tweaking after that.
Sea Pony 07
twk
AG

aggiealltheway
AG
That's a great find, and I've listened to Dave so long that it still sounds a little weird to not listen to him. However, I absolutely love Mark Johnson's input on the nuances and subtleties of the game. I learn something every game listening to him. Also, I love hearing the stories of past games and players that he coached or coached against.
Quito
AG
Mark is great. I don't think there could be anybody better calling an Aggie game.
archangelus2
AG
Agree on Mark, best commentary I have listened to for any live Aggie sports.
The Collective
AG
I would enjoy Mark Johnson so much more if his counterpart was Gabe instead of Will.
SchizoAg
AG
dabo man
AG
I love MJ, but I absolutely cannot stand listening to "WJ." He's nails on a blackboard to me.

My big complaint about Dave has always been the tangents that he goes off on during play. That would matter a lot less if I could see the action while it happens, which I will be able to do.
Spyderman
AG
Should be Mark and Hop actually...
Jethro95
AG
Planning on trying this out tonight. Any ideas on where to start with the delay? I know it will vary from person to person but I am thinking I'll start at 1 minute and then adjust from there.
dabo man
AG
I was thinking 40 or 45 seconds.

I do this with the Cardinals, the radio, and Fox Sports Midwest. That delay never varies more than a few seconds. I hope this one will be pretty consistent as well.
dabo man
AG
Found out tonight that vlc maximizes the delay to 65535 ms (2 to the 16th minus 1). That's about 65.5 seconds. I need more like 83 or 84 seconds, so the search continues.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Is there a max delay? Tonight mine is about 73 seconds, but when I put that in, it doesn't delay that long.
Jethro95
AG
I couldn't ever get it in sync with VLC. Felt like I was over steering a boat. Anyway, I tried the TuneIn Radio app on my iPhone. It lets you pause and play like a DVR and it works but I have been having to tweak the sync after most commercial breaks.
dabo man
AG
Yes, if you use the arrow to up the cache value, it stops at 65535 (a two byte value). I manually entered higher values, but it never increased the delay at all beyond 65.535 sec.

I still have another idea or two I'm looking at for this process.
dabo man
AG
Looking to combine

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

with

http://www.fountainware.com/Products/AudioDelay/

to create the necessary delay. Will update with results.
ensign_beedrill
AG
The AudioDelay program works pretty well. I use my phone as the radio source. But yeah, the sync gets off and you have to reset it constantly after commercial breaks.
dabo man
AG
Here's another free and easy solution. This is Media Player Classic. It's Windows-only as far as I know and has been around a LONG TIME. Download it here:
http://mpc-hc.org/

Install it and accept all of the default settings. Run it, then click 'File' and 'Open'. Paste the abacast.com address from the OP. Then click 'View' and 'Options' to open this window.

The delay time is set in the time shift window as shown. A 75 second delay worked fine just now.
dabo man
AG
Funny...

The delay is MUCH shorter today. I've got Media Player Classic set to an even 30 seconds, and it's working perfectly.

No more Will Johnson for me!!!!!!
letters at random
Mark Johnson is really, really good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.