Anyone know the face value for club seats?

8,509 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MorgansPoint
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No offense and it was funny. But I think we do need more seats.

I am not a big fan of paying to sit on grass.

BTHO mizzou!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
twk
AG
People aren't buying club seats for priority points. If you want to build up your priority points in a cost effective manner, you buy basketball tickets (you can get 12 priority points for buying balcony basketball season tickets for $250/each, which, by the way, is $100 less than the cost of lower deck baseball season tickets which earn zero priority points).

I think the interesting thing is that, with all the negative talk about Childress on this board the last few years (understandable, given the results), not only did no one drop club seats, all season tickets have had a very high renewal rate. Best investment I've made in years was adding a 3rd season ticket in 2010, when there was availability.
BQ_90
AG
im sure that's true. I'm not really sure why people have bought baseball season tickets then never show.

My row is empty almost every night outside the six or so of us on the end of the row. I think 205? Is usually half empty even last night.

Either ticket brokers are sitting on these or they are so cheap people buy them for one or two games a year.

It's puzzling to me.
spanky
AG
I know some 205 tix are university use. Given to folks that is
TXAGBQ76
AG
Derm I will be your seat filller!
Tanya 93
The endless whining of people who didn't get the seats when first offered...
Ted Logan
AG
quote:

Wow. That's kinda snobbish. I was in the process of moving to San Antonio when tickets were being offered to BBP and wasn't sure how many games I could make it to with my new job. Not all of us live in college station or Houston. I would now like to support the team but I guess I'm not in your clique.
dermdoc
AG
I live in Beaumont which is a longer drive than SA. Iam with Tanya. Sick of the whining and entitlement mentality on this issue. People stepped up. You didn't so shut your pie hole.And yes I am pissed about bad calls, men left on base, and unearned runs.

BTHO mizzou
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tanya 93
I couldn't afford club seats when they were offered. I loved where we sat before we left Texas.

And I am far from in a clique.

I just think the constant whining about the seats does nothing. I was more pissed about the parking.
dermdoc
AG
And you never whined Tanya.

Weird

BTHO mizzou!
jkag89
quote:
quote:

Wow. That's kinda snobbish. I was in the process of moving to San Antonio when tickets were being offered to BBP and wasn't sure how many games I could make it to with my new job. Not all of us live in college station or Houston. I would now like to support the team but I guess I'm not in your clique.
Then keep trying to get season tickets next year, look for seats through secondary markets, get to Olsen early if you have to have a seat instead of seating on one of the lawns. All the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth isn't going to make the powers that be open up these sections when season ticket holders can't make games especially the club level areas.
Ted Logan
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then keep trying to get season tickets next year, look for seats through secondary markets, get to Olsen early if you have to have a seat instead of seating on one of the lawns. All the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth isn't going to make the powers that be open up these sections when season ticket holders can't make games especially the club level areas.

I'm not sure where the attacks are coming from. This thread started out asking how much tickets cost and how much of a donation needs to be made. I'm planning on doing exactly what you suggested. I will be buying season tickets next year. Even derm admitted that he didn't know you have to first be a season ticket holder before being upgraded to club seats. This is an info thread. I called the foundation and found out some answers to questions posted here and some inaccuracies. What whining are you suggesting I did?
Buford T. Justice
AG
1. If people want to increase their PP total, they don't have to buy tickets. All they truly have to do is run the credit card or pen a check. They buy because they want to have the tickets.

2. It's time to build outfield seating that has a club/lounge or patio aspect designed into it, thereby adding additional seating and creating another price point.

3. It's time to leave Adidas.
twk
AG
quote:
quote:

I've had season tickets for 25 years. Haven't lived closer than a 3 hour drive since 1994, and for the last 15 years, it's been a 4.5 hour drive.
Ted Logan
AG
I still live 3.5 hours away and am looking for season tickets. I'm just blown away by the comments on here.
Bondag
AG
quote:
And the simple answer to your question is because they can afford to buy them and use them just for the games they want. And the face value is so cheap it is almost not worth the teouble of resale.

I know that pisses off a lot of folks but it is the truth.
Fwiw, we give away any we don't use.
I always look just in case. Have only been successful once. Sat upper reserved today. Would have been nice to be low in sun today.
jkag89
My apologies Ted, I mistook you for one of those who see the empty seats in the various reserved sections and moan & groan about it.
dermdoc
AG
Yep sorry Ted. I was just pissy after the loss yesterday. No excuses.

BTHO Mizzou!
Ted Logan
AG
It's all good. Whenever I get a chance to get upgraded to club seats, we can all sit back in the club level/ac drinking our scotches laughing at the people complaining that no one is sitting in our seats.
cheeky
AG
quote:
And the club is almost completely full for weekend SEC games. The empty seats complained about was for preconference and weekdays.

And the club will never be "full" on tv because some folks are always inside the club.
SEC home opener Auburn Friday night....80% of club was empty. Not inside....empty. And not ONE club seat available on Flash tickets.
dermdoc
AG
I was at that game in the club and disagree. Do you sit in the club? If not, how do you know how many folks were inside?

Whatever. Dead horses get tired of getting beaten.

BTHO Mizzou!
dermdoc
AG
And I blue starred your post Ted.

BTHO Mizzou!
cheeky
AG
Your elitist attitude will not change the facts.
dermdoc
AG
what facts do you have if you weren't in the club?
dermdoc
AG
And I would rather be an elitist than an entitled whiner. Never griped about how people who had better seats, or houses, or cars, or whatever used their stuff. Those seats were legally bought by people who can use them how they like IMHO.

But I am old and was raised differently. I was taught instead of whining, do something if you can. If not shut up, be patient, and work harder so you can get what you want.

Worked for me. You might try it.

BTHO Mizzou!
dermdoc
AG
One other thing. One of the reasons I(and the folks I know in the club)don't put our tickets on flash seats is the whining on here. If we have extras we give them to folks we know or people waiting in line to buy tickets. Or eat them.

Don't want anyone sitting around me counting heads and beeching.

BTHO Mizzou!
dermdoc
AG
And Ted check your pm. Would be honored to have you sit wit me.

BTHO mizzou
dermdoc
AG
Players parents in the Club are laughing their asses off about my new "elitist" tag. And they agree with me about the whining.

Time for some caviar and champagne.

BTHO mizzou
trouble
AG
It was lovely to see you at lunch, dermypoo.
dermdoc
AG
Same here.
mgreen
Dermdoc. How did the players parents get club seats?
dermdoc
AG
Actually it was on the concourse outside the club. Still gave me a hard time.
Agwife71
There are two levels of Club seats (not including the suites.) The Field Club (first two rows) requires a $840 donation per seat with a three-year commitment. A one-year commitment is a $1040 donation per seat. The cost of the tickets is $365 per ticket. The Stadium Club seats (behind the Field Club seats) require a $500 donation per seat for three years or a $630 donation per seat for a one-year commitment. I do not know the cost of those tickets. We are in the Field Club seats and try to attend all the weekend games. We do not live in B/CS so rarely attend the mid-week games. We give our tickets to friends or family when we cannot attend. We never sell them as we do not want the opposing team fans in our seats. Others around us have similar feelings about selling the seats. We have been season ticket holders for many years and chose to upgrade when BBP opened. For the most part, the ticket holders around us have not changed since BBP opened. I can see where it would be difficult to get Club seats now. Best thing to do would be buy the best seats you can and upgrade when the opportunity presents itself. I know we personally just committed to another three-year option. So, it may be a while before seats actually open up if others did the same.

Gator2_01
AG
Agwife, it's not "difficult" to get club seats now. For all intents and purposes it's "impossible."

I'm happy with my 104 seats, but request the upgrade every year. I should've bit the bullet and gotten club seats in year one rather than splitting my money between baseball and bouncy ball.
mgreen
I can afford the seats. It is the bar in the club I can not afford. lol
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.