Is it just me or the Bama fans over on...

2,824 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 20 yr ago by
HuntPublic02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Even better, I'd like to hear the Phyllis reaction after a tough bammer defeat at Olsen. Wonder if she'll have any choice words for the raggies.
bamajama92
arrogant little fellow aren't you freddyflint? lol I haven't said anything about A&M's tradition or them being a cow college so if you want to hate me and everyone else in the world for what a few people on the internet say, who may or may not be real bama fans, then by all means do so my friend. We'll never meet so your opinion doesn't affect me.

As for anything our administration said, i'm not sure exactly what you're talking about. I honestly don't want to know though because all it will do is rehash old events and more than likely open up old wounds that both sides are attempting to bury.

Again, i wish your team the best of luck. I hope you're wrong about the whoopin you claim we're going to receive though. lol
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
no offense intended, but your rep is only in your own eyes.

We hear that a lot from teams coming in that aren't regulars here. The Houston coach stated that Olsen was a good draw for UH because they'd been here this year and were a little better prepared for the atmosphere and all that goes on here. UH would be a good example of the impact Olsen can have. 1993 Freshman AA 3B JJ Matzke transfered to A&M after that fish year because he loved it so much. UTSA 1B Tony Gee just about lost his mind aroun 1996 when his 4 E's and 4K's got him dubbed a "scrabble nightmare" and the constant reminder that "it's all Tony's fault" that the Aggies were winning 18-4. He flipped us several birds, which seems innocent enough, but it's just an indication that he was paying attention to us rather than to the game. David Winters from ODU wanted to transfer despite being told that the game wasn't over til his girlfriend sang (David liked fat chicks), and Bama, yes used-to-large-crowds Bama, got a hearty laugh when we serenaded one of their pitchers named Lamb with "Mary had a Little Lamb".

Hopefully they will take it in stride and think it's fun. I'll wager UH won't, they always have a chip on their shoulder when they come here and seem to think it's personal. I doubt Bama has that same inferiority complex about A&M that UH does, so barring a guy having a brutal game that we'll never let him live down, I doubt anyone gets their feelings hurt. But if they do, so be it. As long as we keep it PG-13 or so, the goal is to get your guys looking up into the stands, after all.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
I think bamajama is proving my point with some of his comments.

War eagle!!
bamajama92
quote:
I think bamajama is proving my point with some of his comments.

andyv94,

you only made 2 points.

quote:
I also got the impression that they seem to be more worried about UH then playing us.

You're correct! Doesn't do any good worrying about A&M if we get our butt kicked in the first game. I would recommend Aggies doing the same too or they're going to find themselves in the losers bracket quick.

quote:
..reading thier boards you would think that we did not have a home field advantage.

Oh you have homefield advantage, but it's not the same as if it were the regular season because of how tickets are handled. Also, Baseball isn't the same as Football and especially Basketball where homefield advantage can be a huge advantage. There really are no upsets in baseball because games can go either way regardless of how good you are or where you're ranked.
AG
"Oh you have homefield advantage, but it's not the same as if it were the regular season because of how tickets are handled. Also, Baseball isn't the same as Football and especially Basketball where homefield advantage can be a huge advantage. There really are no upsets in baseball because games can go either way regardless of how good you are or where you're ranked"-bamajama

Keep telling yourself that bamajama.

It is amazing to me how you can talk about the A&M homefield advantage when you have never set foot here in CS let alone set foot at Olsen or gone to a game at Olsen Field during regionals.

As far as your ticket comment is concerned "because of how tickets are handled",this is what I have to say, unless you bring about 3500 bama fans to Olsen, your point is mute.

If you don't believe that your boys might get raddled, just go and ask the boys at Clemson.

army01
AG
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also got the impression that they seem to be more worried about UH then playing us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're correct! Doesn't do any good worrying about A&M if we get our butt kicked in the first game. I would recommend Aggies doing the same too or they're going to find themselves in the losers bracket quick."

Here is the deal...we are fans, not players...we can afford to think ahead a few games. We don't have to be focused on the next opponent.

bamajama92
andy,

and you just keep telling yourself that Olsen Field is the Mecca of college baseball and players have to take their shoes off before entering that holy ground. lol
Whoodini
nm

[This message has been edited by Whoodini (edited 5/29/2003 5:09p).]
LOYAL AG
AG
jama

Nobody said it was the mecca. We said we'll get between your players ears because we get between the ears of everyone's players. You keep arguing that we won't because they've seen big crowds and we keep saying Olsen is different.

Just come on over this weekend...we'll talk when it's over, if A&M and Bama square off.
AG
You know what, I just realize what is it about the bama fans that bugss me. the bama fans remind me of the people that live in a small town and have that small town mentality.

They think that their s**t doesn't stink and that their town is the center of the universe.
How comical!!

bamajama-please tell me where in my post I state that Olsen field is the mecca of baseball stadiums??

They also remind me of some of the ND fans that tought that their stadium and atmosphere was the best there was until they came to Kyle Field and could not close their mouths and could not believe the atmosphere that we have.

It is not the it is the best, or anything like that. It is just that it is special and you will not find it any where else on DI.

LestatBQ02
it isnt the mecca of College Baseball...

It might be the Bethleham of College Baseball though
Gentleman Named Sue
Just about any AD in the country would trade their baseball stadium and atmosphere with us in a heartbeat. The only exception might be LSU but only because of pure numbers. Our 7500 do more than most places could with twice that many.

If you don't think we have a serious home-field advantage, better than any basketball home-court for sure and better than most football venues, then your mind will change after your first Aggie game at Olsen.

Mark my words Bammer, you're about to find out.
LestatBQ02
Olsen is a different experience, however prepared you might be, its not enough, its just something you have to experience...

Does it make it better? Who really cares, "better" is just a bias anyways...wait and see, wait and see
bamajama92
have i gotten into your head yet andy?? lol you seem to be gettin a little hot under the collar!

army01
AG
"It might be the Bethleham of College Baseball though"

This one has me rolling thins morning! ONly 11.5 hours left to go....and 3.5 left for work!

WHOOP!

AG
bamajama,

"have i gotten into your head yet andy?? lol you seem to be gettin a little hot under the collar! "

Not even close, as a matter of fact if you are coming into town I would more then gladly buy you a couple of beers at the Chicken.

bamajama92
well, don't know what the chicken is (except you either eat it or choke it ), but make it a jim beam and coke and i'm there!

you gotta strip club? i'll buy you the first lap dance to help you relieve a little stress. lol
AG
The Chicken is a bar here in town that as a visitor is a most see.
Very laid back, good beer and if you don't like beer you can bring your J. Beam and just buy the coke from the bar.
If you are in town, I'll bring the bottle and we'll get along just fine.

"you gotta strip club? "bamajama

We do, but we probably don't want to set foot in there since we would probably get a lap dance from a "Phyllis" look a like.

Yes that is how ugly the chicks that work there are............so I am told : )The place is called "Silk Stockings"..but we call it the "Dirty Sock"

[This message has been edited by andyv94 (edited 5/30/2003 11:58a).]
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.