"Get-in" for Payne was $500k

1,922 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by sincereag
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Allegedly..,

https://athlonsports.com/college/minnesota-golden-gophers/all-gophers/basketball/report-get-in-price-for-pharrel-payne-was-500k
greg.w.h
AG
There is always a MSRP. And almost no one ever pays it. Unless buying certain luxury fashion items that mainly are exclusive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_price
MarcAg
AG
If you would had asked me, I would have guessed 400k range. But like the article said "Darren Wolfson speculated…", I would have been speculating too
MarcAg
AG
greg.w.h said:

There is always a MSRP. And almost no one ever pays it. Unless buying certain luxury fashion items that mainly are exclusive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_price

Yeah like AJ Storr was asking Kansas and others for a million apparently. KU said no, so he took other visits. He ultimately ended up transferring to Kansas probably because he didn't get the million from anyone and they found a happy median.
PJYoung
AG
Talked to a former Okie State QB this week and he said a Louisville RB jumped in the portal recently and was asking if teams could beat his current NIL deal of 30k a month. Nuts.
Redfishag93
That's good.
Glad to hear we have nil money for basketball.
Thank God for west Texas oil.
I like the direction of basketball, football and of course baseball right now.
Good time to be an Aggie fan…I think.
AgEfan
Redfishag93 said:

That's good.
Glad to hear we have nil money for basketball.
Thank God for west Texas oil.
I like the direction of basketball, football and of course baseball right now.
Good time to be an Aggie fan…I think.

We knew we had NIL money for basketball, but it's not close to enough. We are lagging compared to our competition.

The kid Harris visited and said he was going to be an Aggie and then he bailed on us, most likely because he got more money. And we aren't talking losing him to Kemtucky or Arkansas. We lost to Miss State. We can outbid Vandy and Georgia probably. Maybe Ole Miss as their donors might be all in on football right now.
bobinator
AG
This is potentially an oversimplification unless you have hard numbers. Who knows what we're committing to keep Wade Taylor, I imagine that's a huge factor in what we can really afford.
AgEfan
What part is an over-simplification? You think we are competitive in the SEC in NIL?
bobinator
AG
I'm saying maybe we aren't as competitive as we could be with this class because we have a lot of money committed to retaining players, especially Taylor who could probably make close to seven figures on the open market. It's just hard to say without really knowing all the numbers involved.
sincereag
You have to consider that we didn't lose any key players to the portal so that is huge. Almost every team loses someone they wish they hadn't and many teams lose several players.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.