Freshman Brandon White has entered the Transfer Portal

1,819 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by EliteZags
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MarcAg
AG
I doubt we go get another big, but I think we should. We need another guy with some length. I don't know that we were going to get anything from this kid next year, but at least it was a big body in case of emergency.
Know Your Enemy
AG
No idea what he could have provided for us down the road but he appeared to have a good offer list out of Kanye U. Assuming he was on scholarship.
LawHall88
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

No idea what he could have provided for us down the road but he appeared to have a good offer list out of Kanye U. Assuming he was on scholarship.
He blew out his knee in his junior year of high school and I think the big offer list dried up as a result. He was a PWO here.
MarcAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

He was not one of our 13 players on scholarship. His offers came very early and most of those schools backed off him by the time he was a senior (I think mostly injury related).
phorizt
it seems like a complete waste of time and resources to take these types of projects anymore with the transfer portal. Let someone else do it for you.

Pretty sure Buzz has signed one HS post/center player(Kerry Blackshear) in something like 14 years who was a legit starting caliber player. Everyone other HS post has been terrible and the decent starters he has had have been transfers. Very happy we seem to have landed another good transfer at the position in Payne.
frenchtoast
Any explanation for the timing of this big batch of portal entries?
LawHall88
AG
phorizt said:

it seems like a complete waste of time and resources to take these types of projects anymore with the transfer portal. Let someone else do it for you.

Pretty sure Buzz has signed one HS post/center player(Kerry Blackshear) in something like 14 years who was a legit starting caliber player. Everyone other HS post has been terrible and the decent starters he has had have been transfers. Very happy we seem to have landed another good transfer at the position in Payne.
Not a big deal if they are PWOs. Both White and Ringgold were brought in last summer, after (I assume) they were unable to obtain scholarships. We get a body for practices, they get access to high end facilities to rehab and train.
LawHall88
AG
phorizt said:

But to your point re: development projects, that's pretty much right.
Know Your Enemy
AG
frenchtoast said:

Nearing the end of the semester? I don't know.
gstu11
You need to look at these PWO guys as practice players. If they develop into a player great but mostly they can give your guys a better look in practice than the traditional walk-on 6'5 guy studying nuclear engineering.
Gap
AG
frenchtoast said:

No facts known by me, but a guess: timing of last NIL payment for the semester.
EliteZags
AG
gstu11 said:

You need to look at these PWO guys as practice players. If they develop into a player great but mostly they can give your guys a better look in practice than the traditional walk-on 6'5 guy studying nuclear engineering.

really just need to keep Jaelyn Lee, he should've been getting roughly 14.2 min/game this season
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.