Bryce Lindsay to the transfer portal

1,819 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by pierceshipp
BLSmith04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BLSmith04
AG
Hate to see him go, but it might have been necessary with the two freshmen we're bringing in, two guys we've already got out of the portal, and Jordan Pope if we can land him.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Wish him nothing but the best. These days the HS kids need to be able to contribute quickly or they likely won't last long.
aggiez03
AG
Wish him the best, got an early look and clearly wasn't ready for the PG role even as a quick sub for Wade or Boots.

He isn't going to replace Boots this next year, so there is really no path for him next year and with the Wilcher transfer, Wilcher just took the 6th man minutes.

Starting
Wade
Manny / Pope or other portal SG
Jace

Backups
Manny / Other portal SG
Wilcher
Hefner ?
Lee ?
Andre Mills?

So best case Lindsay would be the 6th guard to play and maybe 7th, 8th, or 9th depending on what Hefner does and how good Lee and Mills are.

Buzz recently said that Lee is the best athlete on the team. Which is really saying something with Manny and Solo on the team, as they are freak athletes.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lee isn't even on scholarship. I wouldn't expect much of anything from him.
greg.w.h
AG
Appreciate Bryce choosing Texas A&M. One hopes between the coaching, the experience, and the classes he feels it was worth it.
aggiez03
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

I don't know anything about him. Buzz just mentioned he was a incredible athlete, probably best on team.

Realize that doesn't mean he can play basketball...
PJYoung
AG
I think we are probably getting four from the portal, not three, but we will see.
LawHall88
AG
aggiez03 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I don't know anything about him. Buzz just mentioned he was a incredible athlete, probably best on team.

Realize that doesn't mean he can play basketball...
From Lee's bio:
Quote:

Coached by Billy Mack Steed at Paris High School … Four-year letterwinner for the Wildcats, earning district MVP honors as a junior and senior, offensive player of the year honors as a sophomore and newcomer of the year as a freshman … Earned TABC Class 4A all-state honors as a senior after averaging 22.9 points, 11.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game … Averaged 22.9 points and 9.0 rebounds as a junior, 17.3 and 8.0 as a sophomore and 11.6 and 6.0 as a freshman … Named Red River Valley MVP as a junior and senior … Also earned varsity letters in baseball and track & field … Earned the bronze medal in the high jump and fourth place in the long jump at the Class 4A state track & field meet as a senior … Set the PHS record with a 6-10 clearance in the high jump … An excellent student, Lee was named Academic All-State, was a member of the National Honor Society and graduated in the top 15% of his senior class.
https://12thman.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/jaelyn-lee/12111
BLSmith04
AG
No way Manny doesn't start next year. I'd expect to see Wade, Manny, and Pope if we get him all starting. Similar to the three guard looks we were going with to end last year.
frenchtoast
Best of luck to you, Bryce!
Method Man
He seemed like he could be good for us. HOpe the layup line passes don't suffer.
85AustinAg
AG
If Bryce is leaving, makes chances of us getting Pope better. May have led to the move.
pierceshipp
AG
agreed, i think carter would come off the bench
pierceshipp
AG
Potential 5 if we got pope

Wade
Pope
Manny
Solo
Payne
borrego29
AG
Just fyi....we did not get Pope
pierceshipp
AG
moving on to otega oweh
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.