Men's Basketball to hold open scrimmage

8,505 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Morpholino
Logan Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Quote:

Aggie Men's Hoops to Hold Open Scrimmage Thursday Evening

COLLEGE STATION, Texas Fans will get a sneak peek at the 2016-17 Texas A&M men's basketball team on Thursday evening when the program hosts an open intra-squad scrimmage inside Reed Arena beginning at 7 p.m.

The event is free and open to the public and will feature a pair of ten-minute periods.

MAROON MADNESS
The Aggie basketball team will celebrate the upcoming season during Maroon Madness on Oct. 27. In addition to giving fans their first chance to see both the Texas A&M men's and women's squads on the hardwood, the event will celebrate last season's success by adding the Aggies' 2016 SEC Championship banner to the rafters of Reed Arena. Admission for the event, which is slated to begin at 8 p.m., is free.

Both the Texas A&M men's and women's teams will take part in a brief scrimmage during the event, which will feature giveaways for fans as well as a chance to win a VIP experience to travel with the team for a road game this season.

Prior to the activities inside the arena, the Reed Rowdies will put on a tailgate with free food and drinks at the facility's north entrance which is open to all students.

SEASON TICKETS ON SALE
An affordable, family entertainment option, season tickets for Texas A&M men's basketball are on sale and begin as low as $100. Annual per seat contributions are required for some seating areas. Contact the 12th Man Foundation for additional information or to order tickets by calling 888-992-4443 or logging on to www.12thMan.com/Tickets.

#DriveFor5 SEASON TICKET CAMPAIGN
The #DriveFor5 campaign aims to hit a record 5,000 season tickets and features several incentives for both renewing and new season ticket holders. Up to $5,000 of Texas A&M apparel and merchandise will be given away during weekly drawings in which five random season ticket holders will be selected for prizes. The drawings are scheduled to take place on Fridays leading up to the season (Oct. 7, Oct. 14, Oct. 21, Oct. 28 and Nov. 4) with the winners announced via the team's social media accounts (@AggieMensHoops on Twitter and Facebook.com/AggieMensHoops).

Additionally, the #DriveFor5 campaign will feature a mystery season ticket offer which will go live for just 12 hours on Tuesday, Nov. 1. The mystery season ticket offer will feature $79 season tickets that have a different seating location for each game so fans can experience Reed Arena from every angle.

bobinator
AG
dirty to do mdanyc03 like that
mdanyc03
AG
bobinator said:

dirty to do mdanyc03 like that

Exactly
mdanyc03
AG
Here's the deal Logan.

Every time you drop a little promo thread, especially a repeat, you should at least drop some interesting practice nugget. Like a toll.
miller0926
AG

So 2 drawings have happened? This is the only tweet I could find so where are the winners announced?
Isaih Smollett
So the Maroon / white scrimmage is tonight? Why is this not on the schedule or publicized like in all of the other years I've been here?
bobinator
AG
It's so Northwestern State doesn't have time to scramble the jets to send spies over to watch us.
mullokmotx
AG
After the scrimmage tonight feel feel to come to Ellis Field across the street to support the soccer team against UK.
bobinator
AG
So am I going to be at this thing by myself? I hope there are door prizes.
agfan1030
bobinator said:

Expecting a full report, Bob.
greg.w.h
AG
agfan1030 said:

bobinator said:

Expecting a full report, Bob.

Someone has to pull the bloom of the rose...
bobinator
AG
i can't tell if that's a death threat against me or not...
StanGundy
Headed to run some errands but hoping to make it as well Bob.
bobinator
AG
Well that's two... I wonder if BK will let us pick teams and coach. I got Davis...
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bob, maybe let us know if Eubanks participates in the scrimmage.
agfan1030
Will you be tweeting during the scrimmage?
bobinator
AG
I probably won't tweet much, but I'll post some stuff if there's anything noteworthy.
Morpholino
AG
Kobie is warming up. Looks good to go IMO.
Isaih Smollett
I'd like to see admon get more involved
bobinator
AG
Savvy move by the GM of the grey team to trade for Tyler Davis midgame
Morpholino
AG
Williams is a beast.
bobinator
AG
Looks like he just decided to play basketball over the summer or something, but yeah, freakish. Maybe a poor man's Deandre.
bobinator
AG
Hogg looked really good. I thought Trocha looked pretty good too. Also I'd probably really hate Tyler if I had to practice against him every day.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Any shots taken by Vila?
bobinator
AG
Yeah, in fact he was probably the high scorer if I had to guess. But that shot is slow and for how tall he his, his release isn't particular high. He's going to have to be pretty wide open to get many shots off I'd think. He was smoother than I expected though. But for now he's definitely a perimeter player.
Morpholino
AG
Chase Carlton, Admon, and JC Hampton all saw minutes at PG, for those wondering.
agfan1030
[ol]
Freshman Ballaholic_(Williams)35 adds 3 blocked shots & a pair of dunks / TavarioMiller w/ 10 pts Aggie Men's Hoops 15m15 minutes ago Leading scorers for tonight's scrimmage - ]Dj_hogg1]tyler34davis w/ 13 points apiece[/ol]
agfan1030
For two 10 minute time periods....13, 13, and 10 reported points seem to be pretty good ????
bobinator
AG
I wasn't counting Davis' free throws I guess, but I assumed Hogg or Vila led the way. I also thought Tavario looked good tonight. We sort of know who he is at this point but he made a couple of tough shots.
mnuge
AG
Did Caleb Smith not get any PT at point?
Morpholino
AG
Yeah I too thought Tavario looked good with his hook shot.
Morpholino
AG
mnuge said:

Did Caleb Smith not get any PT at point?

He played minimal tonight and I don't recall him playing at the point.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Looks like he just decided to play basketball over the summer or something, but yeah, freakish. Maybe a poor man's Deandre.

Not sure what you mean with the first part of that comment.
bobinator
AG
It was a joke, but basically I'm saying he's not very polished
Isaih Smollett
Vila knocked down 3 threes and had a nifty finger roll that was waved off due to the shot clock
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.