ads popping up in the middle of the forum topics

1,002 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by bmc13
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the app
ooshwa
Staff
AG
These are intentional. Advertising spots were always planned to be a part of the app experience (as all other deliveries of TexAgs). We worked to make them as minimally intrusive as possible.
Jock 07
AG
Thought that's why I paid for a star, to keep the ads away
ooshwa
Staff
AG
There's never been a promise of no-ads on a basic subscription, but you do have to have one to access the forums on the app at all. And the app is still the most minimal-ads version of TexAgs we have.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting thought that I had read that somewhere. I guess the ad blocker just does a better job on the desktop than it does on the app.
atmtws
AG
How many stars do we have to rent for an ad free experience on the app?
powerbelly
AG
The ad placement is ****ing terrible. Put it a the top or bottom.
chap
AG
It's not good. I thought I was logged out or something when they started showing up this week.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Nobody likes ads. I get it. I, too, don't particular care for them detracting from an app interface (or the web for that matter) that we've spent years working on making clean and efficient. Ads have always been apart of our subscription products, and given the increasing costs to produce our content, I don't see that changing anytime soon. We've tried to make them as unintrusive as possible.

For what it's worth, the Varisty sub does not have "network ads" in the app, only sponsorships from companies we have direct relationships with.
JYDog90
AG
Not a fan.
bmc13
AG
Do not like this at all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.