Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Baton Rouge Recs

980 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by G Martin 87
Pasquale Liucci
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am going to Baton Rouge for a couple days for a work trip. Planning on picking up some cracklins, boudin, etc to bring home with me

Any recommendations or can't miss places (for cracklins and boudin but also lunch/dinner spots)? TIA
Anastasia Beaverhaven
Sorry you have to spend time in the craphole that is Baton Rouge. Im partial to Kartchners, Billys, Best Stop in Scott. Don't miss the chicken cracklins. NuNus is probably my 4th favorite.
bushytailed
AG
Go to The Chimes and order the alligator alfredo. It isn't on the menu but they serve it and it's great.
austinag1997
AG
Best Stop is really good if you are driving.
txaggie05
AG
City Cafe for chargrilled oysters
waryman
AG
Parrain's. Owned by same folks as The Chimes.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Thanks all. Flying this time so probably don't have the time to run over to Scott or I would have already had that planned!

I'll be doing the drive from Houston next month though and will definitely make a point to stop at Best Stop!
Shooz in Katy
AG
austinag1997 said:

They just opened a Best Stop in Katy. Our property values have doubled. Again.
austinag1997
AG
Shooz in Katy said:

austinag1997 said:

They just opened a Best Stop in Katy. Our property values have doubled. Again.

I heard about the Katy location opening! I assume they serve hot lunches there also? Their smoked boudin is awesome!
G Martin 87
AG
Probably too late for this trip, but The Chimes' duck and sausage gumbo is fantastic. Best thing on their menu IMO.

Also worth putting on your checklist for the next trip is Mason's Grill, especially if you're a fan of Bloody Marys. They have some specific BM versions on the cocktail menu if you're new to BM. Or, and this is my recommendation, fill out their "Build-Your-Own" BM ticket and pick exactly what you want for base spirit, spice level, modifiers, and garnishes. Pair it with a Shrimpburger and don't bother wearing a belt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.