Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Smoked Mac & Cheese

2,002 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by King
ATL Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a recipe you recomend?

As of now I plan to try Meat Church's (but without the brisket): https://www.meatchurch.com/blogs/recipes/smoked-brisket-mac-and-cheese
HTownAg98
I don't see why that recipe wouldn't work.
Ag MD 84
AG
I made smoked Gouda Mac & cheese recently-bought a pound of post oak smoked Gouda from heb deli and then made roux (butter, flour), then bechamel (whole milk), then mornay. (Added cheese), add Al dente pasta, stir and season. Freezes well, add more milk when you warm it up. Can add hatch green chiles if you want.
ATL Aggie
AG
Ag MD 84 said:

Can add hatch green chiles if you want.
Love that idea!
superunknown
AG
I did the modernist (see the queso thread) version with 1/2 smoked gouda and half emptying out other random bags. If you have smoked your own cheese, I'd try out half smoked half not smoked the first time out so it's not overwhelming. Plus I always add green chilies to mine.
slo8140
AG
Never cooked in the smoker, but no reason why couldn't do it that way. This recipe is amazing.

I am a Meat Church guy on all my BBQ stuff...I have made his recipe, it is good. I think the one linked here is better.

Was recommended by Andy Staples

Clarkston Union Style Mac and Cheese
King
AG
I've not made Meat Church's mac n cheese but I have made Malcome's several times. It is so so good!

https://howtobbqright.com/2015/06/05/smoked-mac-cheese-recipe/
DubyaB
I've made the meat church one, and it's great. Going to experiment with a habanero cheddar next time
ATL Aggie
AG
The meat church recipe was a big hit. The family is already asking me to make it agian. I omitted the brisket (because I was lazy) and added a can of green chili. My only complaint is that I wish it was "gooier". Is that a simple fix of just adding more cheese?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I would fold in cubes of mozz or monterey jack for added goo.
King
AG
ATL Aggie said:

The meat church recipe was a big hit. The family is already asking me to make it agian. I omitted the brisket (because I was lazy) and added a can of green chili. My only complaint is that I wish it was "gooier". Is that a simple fix of just adding more cheese?

I've found that you need more cheese sauce than you think because the noodles absorb some when you bake it.
Next time put in more sauce to where you think that's too much. Then when you pull it out of the oven or smoker it will still be nice and gooey.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.