Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best Ice Grinder/Processor For Frozen Drinks & Frapes, and Iced Coffees?

1,946 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hodor
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Board recs for a grinder that really grinds ice down well and produces good quality margaritas, pina coladas, smoothies, iced coffees, and frappes?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Starbucks and smoothie king have used a combination of BlendTec and Vitamix. Which happen to be the two best you can also buy for home use as well.
javajaws
AG
My Blendtec makes really smooth margaritas! We use it daily for smoothies and protein shakes as well.
n_touch
Blendtec. It is a little on the pricey side for home use, but you will not be disappointed. It is what we recommend to all of our clients. If you decide you may want one, PM me or email me on the coffee site and I can get you better pricing than what most are selling them at.
FtBendTxAg
AG
blendtec is also my rec. they're awesome. But I'm not going to lie, it was their insane marketing on YouTube that swayed me over from vitamix.

You can get a great refurb model on Amazon prime for less than 300 right now.
Duncan Idaho
My blentec makes the best iPhone smoothies
javajaws
AG
The thing that made me choose blendtec over vitamix was 3 things:

1) Height. Even the shorter Vitamix wasn't short enough to fit under my upper cabinets (I have extra wood trim along the bottom of my upper cabinets).

2) No need to stick a plunger in to get it to mix up the ingredients

3) The easy to clean capacitive touch screen. Would have had to pay more $$ to get a vitamix with one
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
a piggyback to this question...

1: Any suggestions on best Frape Mixes or recipes how to make a good mocha frape?

2: Suggestions on best pina colada mixes?
n_touch
Ghirardelli, DaVinci and Monin are what a lot of the shops out there use.
Splitag
AG
I don't know which is the best, but my Ninja works pretty stellar for frozen margaritas on the fly.
Hodor
AG
Best pina colada mix is to not use a mix. Buy a can of Coco Lopez and a can of pineapple juice, and follow the instructions. If you use frozen pineapple chunks instead of juice, you can get a thicker drink without diluting the flavor as much.

Sub lime juice for the pineapple and make a very tasty coconut daiquiri.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.