Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Lightning Wines

2,686 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by AlexSAWineguy
paigerocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My best friend, class of '98, is releasing her first vintage of wine. Her husband was the winemaker at Realm Cellars and now has an independent label in Napa.

I told her I would post and get her an influx of orders....so will everyone order a bottle or two and let us know what you think!

www.lightningwines.com

I really appreciate it!!!
BSD
AG
Ha! I met her husband while tasting Realm in the cellar at Boswell a few years ago. He was working under Mike Hirby at the time (before Benoit took over). We didn't talk much, as it was harvest and they were busy.

I see that Lighting has some Kick Ranch wines. I have the Behrens Kick Ranch Petit Sirah and really liked it so I hope they can do something similar with their grapes. I wish them the best!
paigerocks
AG
Yes!! That's randy!! I'll tell him you posted! He'll be excited!

Try lightening! You'll love both the Syrah and Grenache!
bularry
I thought Hirby was the winemaker at Realm from 02 till '10 or so, is that not correct?

I like Hirby's stuff at Relic, at least the few items I've tried.
BSD
AG
I've been a Realm buyer for several years and I believe that to be correct, Mike was the winemaker and then Benoit came aboard when Mike left. Randy must have been one of he assistants, but still, what a crew to learn under: Mike Hirby and Michel Rolland! Man, now I want some Realm. I hope Lightning does well. They certainly learned under some great winemakers.
paigerocks
AG
Yes, he was the assistant during 2009-2012. Not 'the winemaker'.....but I didn't figure anyone would notice. Cut me some slack?! ; )
BSD
AG
When people spend $100+ on a bottle of wine (which adds up after multiple cases), they will notice who makes it!!!
paigerocks
AG
I thought maybe you spent money on wine like some people buy bubble gum? Not even noticing the price?

I showed randy your messages....he was pretty excited you guys knew your stuff. He also has a label through naked wines. It's called rachis. It's a little sweeter than he anticipated. Some sugar was added before bottling (not by him)
to make it more 'suitable to a wider audience'...he was ticked. Still a good, less expensive white.
AlexSAWineguy
AG
Are the wines sold in Texas?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.