Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,714,963 Views | 62709 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by swampstander
Quantum ace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think I will be able to make it, but that Petrol Station line up looks amazing.

I did try the BB6, and I thought the barrel aging added a nice touch. BB1 is still my favorite out of the series though.
txaggie05
AG
Dafuq is going on around here?
BSD
AG
the beer batman Pissy doesn't want TX people to get Pliny. He's thread ****ting again. Just look away and let the neckbeard crawl back into his SoCal hole.
Ags #1
AG
Looks like D&q is out of vanilla and coffee noir
AlaskanAg99
AG
I never said that. Why do you keep making **** up? I said dont do business with a proven sleezy business.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Delicious

maca1028
Has vanilla/coffee noir popped up anywhere else today
jh0400
AG
quote:
I never said that. Why do you keep making **** up? I said dont do business with a proven sleezy business.

Please post a list of shops that you find to be reputable who are also willing to ship RRBC beers to Texas.

tia
The Beer and I
quote:

Specs downtown said tomorrow. Also, I talked to the girl at HEB on Bunker Hill a minute ago, she said tomorrow too.
maca1028
I'm all about loading up on pliny, do I need to get a sign off from our SoCal residents before using "the list"?

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 2/20/2014 1:03p).]
army01
AG
what does he do that's sleezy?
Jock 07
AG
And God help you if you like anything stone
BSD
AG
He "ships" beer to states that aren't listed on his website. THE NERVE!!!!!!!!!! He also mules rare beers, which is something no one else has ever done. THAT ****ER!!!!!!!!!!! If you like good beer that you cant get in Texas, don't go to Freddy, or you're a homo thanks takes it in the ass.
wessimo
AG
Karbach is supposed to have clown lounge at the tour today. Not sure if it is pours on premise or to-go bottles but I'm hoping to go find out.
BSD
AG
quote:
And BSD, your level of reading comprehension is appalling. Freddie ships to states he says he doesn't ship to.

This is just classic.

P:S **** off.
The Beer and I
So BSD's guy sells beer to people that otherwise wouldn't have access to the beer (albeit at a premium).

Phischy thinks the beer belongs to the community (self-entitled locals).

If they would've used this example at A&M, I would've understood politics much better. I guess I'm all about capitalism, especially in the beer world.
AlaskanAg99
AG
BSD: Internet Tough Guy.

Freddie ships beer he obtains through distribution. Illegal but whatever. If people want to pay a premium for his warm storage of IPAs and then shipped warm (esp in summer months) then people are idiots and are over paying for a product in poor condition. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Same dickbag (no not BSD) mules beer from brewery only releases. This is illegal. CA breweries can self distribute. A brewery only release is not distribution. If you talk to the brewers, these beers are rewards for those that keep them in business by being loyal frequent patrons. They hate muling and what not just as much which is why they continue to change their release rules. RRBC did this with Younger to keep profiteers away. Alesmith has repeatedly changed their rules to stop it.

Freddie is a scab on the scene. Buy from him if you will. His bread and butter is the east coast tickers.

BSD
AG
What a little *****!

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 2/20/2014 3:17p).]
maca1028
Ok, I need a list for a friend of mine that's going to Amsterdam next month, places for him to go, and beers for him to bring back.
maca1028
quote:
So BSD's guy sells beer to people that otherwise wouldn't have access to the beer (albeit at a premium).

Phischy thinks the beer belongs to the community (self-entitled locals).

If they would've used this example at A&M, I would've understood politics much better. I guess I'm all about capitalism, especially in the beer world.
gordo97
AG

I got some during lunch break at whole foods in katy..... limit 1 bottle of each...... $6.99 per bottle
Ags #1
AG
6.99 is a good price. Growlers montrose had it for around 9 each
The Beer and I
Dude, in case you didn't notice, geography is the reason we aren't 'frequent loyal customers'. You bash the beers that are available in Texas, then criticize us for wanting to get stuff not available here.

I don't really give a **** about locals that are having trouble getting their beer, just like you don't give a **** about non-locals that are willing to pay a premium to get it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I don't really give a **** about locals that are having trouble getting their beer, just like you don't give a **** about non-locals that are willing to pay a premium to get it.

The fact that he referred to it as a "scene" was aggravating enough. Nobody cares. It's beer.
AlaskanAg99
AG
As was said earlier in the thread about some guy in Houston that drives around and buys out all the special releases. That starts bottle limits, then that dude brings family and friends to get more.

Limited production beers always cause problems that are made worse by the sense if entitlement.

I support my local breweries a lot. When they release something g special I would like a shot at it before dickbag Freddie shows up w/ 15 people to buy it out and then resell it.

Production beers I care little about, aka Pliny, but you do need to know he stores it warm and ships it warm. There's a reason RRBC and Stone Distro use refrigerated trucks to deliver. Some beers stand upwell to warmth (dark sStrong's/porter/stout) others dont. Hell, I dont even buy IPA from out of state. They dont travel well.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
Nobody cares. It's beer

So enjoy your Coors lite and dont worry about what's going on in Cali.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
quote:
Nobody cares. It's beer

So enjoy your Coors lite and dont worry about what's going on in Cali.

Nobody gives a **** about what's going on in Cali. Except you. That's what everyone here is trying to tell you.
Out in Left Field
AG
This must be the internet equivalent of a bar fight.
wessimo
AG
To update earlier post, can't take clown lounge to go from karbach. Enjoying one here though.
EFE
AG
What a shtt show

[This message has been edited by EagleFordEarl (edited 2/20/2014 4:42p).]
DaveHimself
AG
CollinAB
AG
Nice gif.

I'm pretty happy with my little purchase today (EDIT: while visiting Austin). I can't get enough of this beer.

[This message has been edited by CollinAB (edited 2/20/2014 5:54p).]
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
Nobody gives a **** about what's going on in Cali. Except you. That's what everyone here is trying to tell you.

Then dont buy from freddie if you dont care about CA. Pretty simple.
BSD
AG
I'm still laughing at this:

Me:

quote:
He "ships" beer to states that aren't listed on his website. THE NERVE!!!!!!!!!!

****** pump:

quote:
And BSD, your level of reading comprehension is appalling. Freddie ships to states he says he doesn't ship to.

That's what I'm dealing with here.
The Beer and I
quote:
quote:

Then dont buy from freddie if you dont care about CA. Pretty simple.

I think your reading comprehension is off here. It's pretty simple:

We want beer from California. We don't want opinions from whiny California locals *****ing about why they are having trouble getting their local beers.
First Page Last Page
Page 386 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.