Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Expandable hose

1,415 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JamesPShelley
Dill-Ag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's your go-to. Have a heavy duty for the backyard, need something light for watering plants up front etc.
62strat
AG
I bought this 25 footer on amazon back in 2019, and they accidentally sent me a case of 6 of them.

Haven't bought a hose since!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N59VWPT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Dill-Ag13
AG
So you're on your last one?
62strat
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

So you're on your last one?
nope. 1 in the camper, 2 tied together for my garage hose, 1 in the back, and gave 2 away.

Haven't had one leak or otherwise break yet.
StockHorseAg
AG
I've always thought that these expandable hoses are pieces of junk. The moment something sharp hits them, they bust.

When they first came out, everybody at the horse shows got them to use in the wash racks at the expo centers. Pretty soon everybody stopped buying them because as soon as your horse would move and step on the hose, it would pop. I'll never buy one because even the "heavy duty" ones are crap.

Home Depot is selling a husky brand hose right now that has a lifetime, no questions asked, no receipt needed warranty. I picked one up and have been happy with it.
62strat
AG
StockHorseAg said:

I'll never buy one because even the "heavy duty" ones are crap.

I picked one up and have been happy with it.
Well you lost that argument with yourself now didn't you!?
tgivaughn
AG
LTWT
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TJ6WBFP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

HD
Only had to replace ONE of the FOUR Lifetime all rubber Sears/Craftsman 100ft pre-2000 (fittings leaked - not the hose!) but since all rubber/lifetime is hard to find or within anyone's budget, have been VERY happy with
LIFETIME FLEXON from Tractor Supply BUT no longer there, only a few carry it ala Lowes
https://rebrand.ly/o87zeit
BUT now that I learned from above post HD Husky Lifetime, THIS is the better choice these days it seems.

It's the cheapest man that spends the most, so that WAS me, going through hoses like free pizza until Sears taught me to spend only a few dollars more for Lifetime and gotta say - they ate a couple of hoses for me along the way. Guess I'm the one that put them out of biz?
IMHO and am sticking to it
The Dog Lord
AG
Got this one in October. Obviously can't speak to its longevity, but I haven't had any problems so far. I try to be careful when initially expanding and draining, but I still occasionally drag it across stuff without it causing problems.

https://a.co/d/5g0g8is
saltypretzl
All of the different "expandable" hoses I've bought have failed within a year or two so I've given up on those. They're nice but I haven't found one that lasts. I always drain them after each use but at some point the hose material just becomes weak and busts in a random spot, not even from stepping on or pinching or anything
StockHorseAg
AG
I'm talking about a regular hose, not an expandable one that they are selling.

Hose I bought
AgLA06
AG
I like them, but they only last about 2 years for me before they pop. Then again, regular hoses don't exactly last much longer without getting all messed up either.

Definitely like not having to wind up as much hose at the taps.
JamesPShelley
StockHorseAg said:

I've always thought that these expandable hoses are pieces of junk. The moment something sharp hits them, they bust.

When they first came out, everybody at the horse shows got them to use in the wash racks at the expo centers. Pretty soon everybody stopped buying them because as soon as your horse would move and step on the hose, it would pop. I'll never buy one because even the "heavy duty" ones are crap.

Home Depot is selling a husky brand hose right now that has a lifetime, no questions asked, no receipt needed warranty. I picked one up and have been happy with it.
I work PT in CS at THD. Not every Husky item has the lifetime guarantee. However, for the "Lifetime" moniker... HD stands behind it. I refer to Husky as the new Craftsman. I may ask you how "it" broke... or why the item was returned... but only to satisfy my own curiosity.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.