Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Options to Account for Slab Slope in Garage

622 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by gabehcoud
htownag2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long story short, my 'garage' used to be part of the driveway before a reno was done back in the day.
It has actually been open on 1 side, but I'm closing that in now.
I have a pitch in the slab that I'm trying to find ways to adjust to make it look better visually from both the inside and outside.
My options that I currently know of:
1. Demo and re-pour - Expensive. I'm not going to do that at this point.
2. Put some kind of weather strip to down to try to eliminate the gap - Cheapest
3. Float and put down some kind of non-slip patio tile - This is the rec of my contractor. Pro: The gap will be gone and better aesthetics than concrete floor. Con: Will have the big lip on one side that gets smaller as you go across.
4. Try to level concrete and put epoxy. Epoxy was my desire all along, but after talking to some people it doesn't seem like a possible outcome as you'd have to try to level the concrete first.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

gabehcoud
Custom bottom garage door panel? Is that a thing? I would think installing garage doors on a slope wouldn't be that uncommon for garage door companies
Belton Ag
AG
The wall on the left sideā€¦ is there a curb there behind the osb that the wall sits on? Is there a curb there next to the gap area of the garage door that the wall sits on?

What does the concrete look like directly on the exterior side of the garage door? Does the driveway slope away from there?
htownag2007
AG
Yeah it continues to slope about another 4 feet
gabehcoud
https://www.snirtstopper.com/shop/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.