Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Wall Mounted Fans for Garage

1,804 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by sanitariex
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for any recommendations on wall mounted fans. Will be used specifically for a 10x12 garage gym area. TIA
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I have one these. Not sure if it's 16 or 20. Not a quiet one but it'll move some air, that's for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Wall-Mount-Fan-Residential/dp/B06W5N8BQ7/ref=sr_1_7?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.wX4e2vw8LDvBqFhSAtQB1PQauv-7v9GimySRQ24e0BAmLor2kX6y5CYzBU5bkfCMQEEEzuiwhLHJYitWD5X9pcnMJFddtBb95ASVNS2yfth2yw-1xGuQ8P-XY9TpwJ6S3saXQ1cBDjLhQ3Ng3Sgnv8D1bRToQYkZqei1v_9pZxZpCpQXglcy72Wyh0lrWRJnWPpS2EAz0aSdRBJQbJXSWEb9FZVsJYUu0piA-Z7tL96uFY-6voWUMAOAr_ry6l9RVLLacT-xQw4S0Obou_tgnONTa_LxDe-ofVjlE45HpUY.CczdUCj3DE7fhXWgM49nt9gQtTTw1mFtRHhWGUMxkO4&dib_tag=se&hvadid=241579758865&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9027902&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=4470967756798888440&hvtargid=kwd-122390935764&hydadcr=15281_10334947&keywords=hurricane+wall+mount+fan&qid=1710440551&sr=8-7
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
I have 2 of the 20" ones for a large back patio and can also attest that they live up to their name
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Yep I'm pretty sure mine's 20. 16 feels too small. Not at home to check right now though, but I know I paid over $100 for it.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
I only know because Amazon remembers every item I have every purchased...
10andBOUNCE
AG
Thanks, will definitely include this one in my options.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Try Tractor supply.
CFTXAG10
AG
I went with these Lasko's in the garage. They work great.

Sams Club Fan Link
tgivaughn
AG
From dance classes to gyms to outdoor decks, the minimum is 20in but the Walmart sale types fall way short of such as this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087C2LJ25/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Best effects are floor mounted in mid-Texas and near a cool air source (e.g. outside or middle/center room = your house), then always at least TWO.

You would do better with a squirrel cage blower fan or swamp fan if in AZ or less humid areas away from the ocean.

Now older, I can afford an Amazon LG window AC set to humidy reduction or big cool on 110v as The Best!
IMHO and am sticking to it
RoyVal
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Sams Club Fan Link
I had the lasko's too for years and they work very well.

I finally decided to install a DIY Mr. Cool mini split last year in the garage....best decision I've ever made!
CFTXAG10
AG
RoyVal said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Sams Club Fan Link

I finally decided to install a DIY Mr. Cool mini split last year in the garage....best decision I've ever made!
If I ever get around to finishing my detached garage I would love to do that. The Lasko's at setting 3 are pretty damn powerful. Enough to allow me to work out in my garage gym in the Texas summer. Says a lot.
Chase
AG
RoyVal said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Sams Club Fan Link

I've seen good and bad on the DIY Mr Cool's -- how long have you had it and what size garage? Any more details you can share?
10andBOUNCE
AG
Our attached garage is foam insulated (garage door obviously has some energy leaks) and my little gym nook has a 5x6 window that I will be able to open up when needed. I think the Mr. Cool would be overkill at the end of the day for us.
ConroeAg
CFTXAG10 said:

Sams Club Fan Link

Another vote for the Lasko. I mounted one on the wall specifically for garage workouts, and it's great. Very powerful, and I can tilt it up and down as needed. I can also take it down easily and put it on the floor if I want.
RoyVal
AG
Chase said:

RoyVal said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Sams Club Fan Link

I've seen good and bad on the DIY Mr Cool's -- how long have you had it and what size garage? Any more details you can share?
I have a 3 car garage. I bought the 18k DIY Mr cool from Costco and had it delivered. I think I paid 1,700 or 1,800. At the time my garage was only finished on 1 wall and it was open to the attic minus a few pieces of plywood I had up the to store some boxes, and the damn Mr. Cool would actually cool off the garage. Wouldn't get it below 78-80 during the day but at night it would get it down in the 60s.

Now that I've finished the garage...it's like being indoors 24x7 in my garage LOL.

let me know if you have any other specific questions.
Chase
AG
RoyVal said:

Chase said:

RoyVal said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Sams Club Fan Link

I have a 3 car garage. I bought the 18k DIY Mr cool from Costco and had it delivered. I think I paid 1,700 or 1,800. At the time my garage was only finished on 1 wall and it was open to the attic minus a few pieces of plywood I had up the to store some boxes, and the damn Mr. Cool would actually cool off the garage. Wouldn't get it below 78-80 during the day but at night it would get it down in the 60s.

Now that I've finished the garage...it's like being indoors 24x7 in my garage LOL.

Was that a 120 or 240 unit?
RoyVal
AG
Chase said:

RoyVal said:

Chase said:

RoyVal said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Sams Club Fan Link

Was that a 120 or 240 unit?
240. I've been wanting to run a sub panel to my garage for a long time, so this was a great excuse for me to do it.

I almost went with the 24k unit but after reading some reviews....I took a chance on the 18k and it's plenty good, especially in a finished garage with insulation. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten away with the 12k unit, which is 120v, but I wasn't sure when I first bought this thing when I was going to finish my garage. If somebody has a 2 car garage that's fully insulated (including the garage door) I wouldn't hesitate buying the 12k 120v model. Otherwise I'd go with the 18k (240v) like I did.
sanitariex
AG
How many square feet is your garage? I have a three car also, but some bonus space off to the side. Whole thing is 700 sq ft with a little opening between the 2 and the 1, been considering the 18k mr cool, just curious if the air would reach the 2 car efficiently if I mount the air handler in the 1 car side
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.