Kingwood - driveway gate install recommendations

471 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by dummble
A is A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently doing an exterior refresh, would like to add this to scope. Any recommendations on companies?
BenTheGoodAg
AG
What style are you considering? Sliding or swinging? Wood clad or wrought iron?

I did a big wood-clad sliding gate for a rear-entry garage and learned a lot doing it myself. I don't have any Kingwood recs, but I'd suggest you drive around and look at some of the installations in your area. If you see ones you like or don't like, a lot of the installers leave little signs on the fence so you know who's work it is. Looking at old installations will tell you a lot about their quality.

My situation is slightly different being DIY, but one of the best things we did was find a neighborhood that had a lot of them that were 5+ years old to collect ideas. I started to pick up on the designs they were using, and which ones would last vs. which ones wouldn't. It got to where I could predict which welds had failed before I even got close enough for inspection. It heavily influenced my design choices.
A is A
AG
Appreciate. Looking at iron with wood inserts. Looking to do sliding.
dummble
AG
We are in Kingwood and used these guys:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.