New Pool Heater Needed

978 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JJWAGGIE
Killin Me Smalls
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In DFW. I need to replace my 10+ yo Hayward. Control panel is shot, and a rat got into it, so I think it chewed through something. A new panel is like $400, so it feels like a losing proposition to start trying to fix a 10yo heater.

What heater do you pool guys recommend? A guy I've used in the past recommends Jandy.
ktownag08
AG
Why not just go Hayward again?

The big 3 are Hayward, Pentair, and Jandy. They're all about the same.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
ktownag08 said:

Why not just go Hayward again?

The big 3 are Hayward, Pentair, and Jandy. They're all about the same.

That was my plan until my guy recommended Jandy. Just wanted to confirm I'm not missing something.
Jbob04
AG
I have a one year old Hayward and we love it. No complaints
KDubAg
AG
We have a Pentair. Seems to be great. Don't think you'll go wrong with either of those three brands mentioned above
Corps_Ag12
AG
Pool builder here, I use Jandy for what it's worth.

As long as the installer is a registered dealer you should be able to get a 3 year warranty from any of the big three.
planoaggie123
AG
Just had a Jandy 400K Natural Gas versaflo installed a few months back.

Honestly did not use it as much as I expected this winter but it did heat quicker than our old unit and was quieter. Only used to heat hot tub so far....plan to use for full pool sometime this spring....
fire09
AG
I'm happy to help you get wholesale pricing on the equipment, but you would need to pick up local in Houston.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
fire09 said:

I'm happy to help you get wholesale pricing on the equipment, but you would need to pick up local in Houston.
Sent you a DM.

Thanks for all the feedback folks.
JJWAGGIE
AG
Had a 10+ year old pentair that died recently and replace with a Jandy as per recommendation. So far so good... been cranking most of spring break taking the edge off the pool temp. Much quieter than my pentair had been.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.