Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Sprinkler system issues

1,414 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by harleyds2
harleyds2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I put a sprinkler system to my garden several years ago. Was working fine a week ago, came back yesterday. Not working. Tried going thru and manually watering thru the controller. Not working as in no valves are operating there is power to control box and there is water to the manifold for the 4 zones. Any ideas
agnerd
AG
Next see if you have power to the valves and if you can turn the valves on by hand.

How do the wires go from the sprinkler controller to the ground? Was any work being done near that wall? Any possibility an overzealous landscaped cut the wires with his weedeater? Any digging done in you yard in the last week?
howdyags12!
AG
Anyone know of a good sprinkler company for residential repairs in Cypress? Thanks!
Sponge
AG
Do a manual turn on and check wires at the valve with multi meter to confirm current.
ceenAg05
AG
Assuming you are seeing power at the zone outputs on the controller itself? If not - do you have a rain sensor installed? I had one on my system when I moved in and it went bad so the controller wouldn't activate anything. Had to follow the instructions on the controller to add a jumper wire for the rain circuit to get it up and running again.
harleyds2
AG
So some an airlock occurred in a 15 ft section that goes to valves that tees off the main supply to greenhouse. That I do not understand But to ensure I had water pulled drain plug after shutting valve off that isolates the sprinkler valves. Very little water came out as expected. Turned on shutoff valve and it gurgles a bit before flowing. Worked fine after this. Very interesting
ftworthag02
AG
very curious about your setup...
harleyds2
AG
It is very simple
Third Day Pools
AG
(281) 798-5096 -Jos

Tell him I referred you
harleyds2
AG
Pm me at 2five4 7two two 21sixty one and I'll send photos and discuss
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.