Framing Contractor Recommendations

1,154 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EvenPar
currie-s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do y'all have any recommendations for experienced framing contractors that work in Brazos County?
It would be for three custom homes with engineered framing plans. Thanks!
MS08
AG
Seeking to build multiple custom homes…but don't have a framer lined up…that's odd…IMO
tgivaughn
AG
Engineered framing = how much & type of steel portions?
IMHO and am sticking to it
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I was gonna say you'd get better responses in the Aggieland board, but I see I already replied to you there a few days ago.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
MS08 said:

Seeking to build multiple custom homes…but don't have a framer lined up…that's odd…IMO
My curiosity is piqued, as well. Just starting out as a builder, building a family compound, whatcha doing?
currie-s
AG
tgivaughn: No steel in the framing.
Everyone else: The homes are for our family.....we have significant construction experience. But I wanted Texags recommendations for local framing contractors, because y'all never disappoint. Thanks!
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Gotcha. Best of luck to you. I snagged a few recs from the other thread. I've spent my career in commercial construction but am about to build a house for my family. I have done maybe 2000sf of wood framing out of somewhere around $750mil of commercial work in BCS. Pretty much all metal framed in my world.
maddiedou
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

MS08 said:

My curiosity is piqued, as well. Just starting out as a builder, building a family compound, whatcha doing?

I was curious also. You had 5-7 great names but post again on a differnt forum only to get nothing

And I dont mean good framers but great framers that have been in the business a long time

Are you looking for a 2-3 dollar a sq ft framer
maddiedou
currie-s
AG
Thanks for the replies. I had two names on the local forum when I made this post. I make it a practice to get a few bids if I do not have a sub that I have previously worked with. I visited with a couple framers earlier this week, and they were not up to the job. I'm not looking for low end framers, so that's why I came back to Texags for a few more names. Now, I have a handful of good names, thanks to y'all!
Chris98
AG
Try Kris Karsten or James Schuler
EvenPar
AG
Kris Karstens all day every day
cslifer
Every name on the list is pretty experienced around the BCS area. What is it about the guys you talked to that made them not up to the job? I am genuinely curious.
currie-s
AG
The framing guys I had talked to were not on the list that was posted on the Aggieland forum. They really didn't have experience building more than basic homes. But, now that y'all have provided recommendations of several experienced framers in the area, I think any of them can easily do the job. I appreciate the help!
EvenPar
AG
Have you spoken to any of the recommended framing contractors listed on Aggieland or HI Boards? Curious how it went.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.