Lawn Question

1,441 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 2007fightintexasaggie
2007fightintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BCS - managed to keep the yard in good shape through last year's drought and put out pre-emergent in early September and also put out Disease-Ex when it starting showing these signs as we started to get more rain in the fall months (thinking it was brown patch).

Any recs on next steps here?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i6UaAv8KZQMhZjeV9
Cromagnum
AG
Mine has the same thing in a few places. I would like to know too.
cevans_40
AG
Holy brown patch Batman. Repeat apps of Chlorothalonil or Propiconazole .

2007fightintexasaggie
AG
That's what I expected - thanks for the feedback! Ordering propiconazole as we speak!
Thisguy1
It's inactive brown patch from over the winter months.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Curious if anyone has had any luck with the citric acid treatments (i.e. Earth's Ally Disease Control). Not a tree hugger but have two mutts and two young kids that frequent the backyard.
cevans_40
AG
Thisguy1 said:

It's inactive brown patch from over the winter months.
I wouldn't bank on that
Thisguy1
That's fine. If you want to spray every yard coming out of dormancy with expensive fungicide, you can.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Would you sit tight and see what happens with new growth before treating?
Thisguy1
It's not going to hurt to put fungicide out other than paying for it and potentially building a resistance. That area is weak so the potential of it becoming active is obviously there. The really early warm snap we had got the grass green and growing, but this cold snap is going to slow it back down a bit. It has to grow out of the discoloring.

If it were my yard, I'd watch it, but I have instant access to whatever I need with work. If the edges start to get darker/wet looking in color (if it gets really bad the edges will almost be an orange color), or if those spots start expanding, that's when I'd put down some fungicide. It doesn't appear to be the case right now but I'm just looking at a picture. Propiconazole is pretty quick acting.

I will say this weather is going to do some weird things this year. Here in BCS we have already had multiple 140 days (daytime high+night time lows) and we may have had a 150 which is what you look for as far as yards taking off this spring. I don't think we got our first one last year until April at the earliest and it may have even been May.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Appreciate the feedback. I'll probably keep an eye on it these next couple of weeks and see if there are any changes. I had a couple of spots in the front yard that developed around the same time as these. The front seems to have recovered as I only know the spots are there because I was watching them and know exactly where they are - not obviously sticking out like the ones in the photo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.