Windows-

935 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by cadetjay02
FunnyFarm14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In process of building an "apartment" on our barn. ~1700 sq ft. More like a house. Metal R-panel siding.

That said - picking out some windows. wanting some larger picture style windows in the living room, behind the sink, and bedroom.

And that's where my window knowledge stops - what's a common size? Don't think I need custom,. but the options at the home depot are endless..... any other ideas?
evestor1
Start with building codes ( or general safety guidelines if you are in non-jurisdiction building area.) After this is done you need to look at ceiling height...if you want curtains, how high do you want them to sit on wall...look at width of your open spaces. Then think about how big you need the view to be.

Largest picture window i've installed is 80" x 72", but then i mulled 3 of them. Windows are relative commodities and you should have a problem finding any size you want up to 6x6.
tgivaughn
AG
Typical to our designs that produce smiles upon move-in
SINK: 6040 slider-picture-slider
BR: 3060 single hung or more will pass fire egress CODEs & keep you safe, also 6040 slider-picture
(picture = fixed)
LIV: anything near a door way must be tempered/"safety" glass = $$$$ but most like a ribbon of 4070 single hung, otherwise we budget more money for large fixed/picture flanked by windows that allow breezes through

4070 = 48" wide, 84" height

LOTS of other options, preferences and love those non-standard shapes & sizes that burn money
IMHO and am sticking to it
cadetjay02
AG
Are you looking for cheap builder grade windows, or want a higher quality glass? If cheap, just look at Lowe's or Home Depot at the in stock windows and call it a day. If you want something nicer than look at https://windowestore.com/

If you want to call ask for Derek and he can walk you through everything. He's been selling and installing windows for a few decades.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.