Rainbird sprinkler controller question

988 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by pnut02
Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have the controller pictured below, and I set the days and times I wanted watering to occur, but although I had it set to auto, it never started watering on the day I programed. Am I doing something wrong?

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
You didn't close the valve over winter did you? The calendar/clock on the controller is correct?
Thunderstruck xx
Value is open, and I set the date/time correctly. The whole system works when I manually run.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Using the correct program (A,B,C)?
Thunderstruck xx
Yes, am I supposed to hold the right arrow to "start" the program when set to Auto on the dial?
Sponge
AG
For Prog, it's all in sync for Prog A right? So water days, run times, and start times? For example, run time and start times are on for A, but water days is every day is on but B. And A is no days.
Dogdoc
AG
Do you have the app on your phone?
Thunderstruck xx
Sponge said:

For Prog, it's all in sync for Prog A right? So water days, run times, and start times? For example, run time and start times are on for A, but water days is every day is on but B. And A is no days.

I'm not following that last sentence. I have no run times set for Prog B and C. Only A. I can only water on Fridays due to water restrictions, so Prog A is set like this:

Also, I don't have the wifi module installed, so I can't use the app.
Dogdoc
AG
That's identical to my controller. I can't see anything you're doing wrong. The reason I asked about wifi/app is I had similar issues last year. It was defaulting to my phone so I had to program it through my phone. Obviously not your case. My only suggestion is to unplug it for 10 minutes and let it reset.
ftworthag02
AG
Do you have a rain & freeze sensor?
sorry just read that you are able to manually run it.

So on program A you have a start time set, zone run times set? (you have it set for Fri)
Thunderstruck xx
There is a rain/freeze sensor, but the weather was dry and warm last week. I have start and run times set for Program A.
wcb
AG
So if you set the start time for a time you can observe (just for troubleshooting), what happens on the controller face when it hits that time?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Might just want to get a Rachio.
pnut02
AG
My thoughts exactly
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.