Another garage door opener question

1,107 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Over the last several months, my garage door clicker has stopped working at night. I use the one integrated into my car. The wall mounted opener works fine, my wife's clicker works fine all the time. The wireless keypad also acts up at night. Anyone ever had this problem. It appears the internet has seen this before but I didn't seem to find any consensus.
The Fife
Captain obvious type response, but have you swapped the batteries from openers that are having problems?
ChipFTAC01
AG
No batteries on my car opener, and yes I've changed the batteries on the keypad one. Both work perfectly fine in the daytime, just not at all at night.
Señor Chang
AG
Is your wife's clicker different from yours? I'm guessing they are RF. Is there anything turning on at night that could be interfering with the frequency they are using?
Flashdiaz
AG
I put in LED lights in my garage and noticed it didn't work when I was leaving but did work when I was getting home. Turns out some LED lights interfere with the signal.

I've also heard of the garage impact sensor being the issue due to how the sun was hitting it.

does your wife's clicker work from your car all the time?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I programmed the garage door opener button built into my car. That's what doesn't work. My wife uses (and I used this morning at 5am) the clickers that came with the garage door opener. Both of those work fine when it's dark. Also the keypad wireless opener outside of the garage door doesn't work after door either.

I haven't changed any of the light bulbs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.