Pool Skimmer

1,631 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JimbosHatBarelyFits
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just bought a houses with a pool. It's a pretty big pool (30,000 gallon) but one end is 10 feet so that takes up most of the capacity. The jets don't seem to be that strong. Also, it only has one skimmer at the deep end. The jets are powerful enough to circulate the water from the shallow end to the deep to the skimmer. The skimmer does well for the deep end side of the pool. I had a new pump just put in because the other one went out. It was covered by home warranty so it was an equal swap. Regardless, it was the vacuum pump. He adjusted the jets for the to get optimal circulation too. Other than putting in another skimmer at the shallow end, any advice.
Aggiehunter34
S
I would check the filters to make sure they are not clogged up. That will increase the circulation quite a bit. Also, go check out troublefreepool.com

That site is a huge help on most issues.
BustaAgg
AG
with only 1 skimmer, i'd look at something like this for the other end... http://poolskim.com i have one in my pool and it works like a charm.... especially when all my oak leaves/pollen drop in the spring.
PlanoAg98
AG
I don't think I have a return line at the other end of the pool.
maverick12
AG
Based on my experience with our pool, the wind direction and speed probably has at least as much, or more to do with directing the surface debris to the skimmer which is why pools normally include two. With a skimmer on only the deep end, I don't see how the shallow end is going to self clean even if additional circulation is added.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Clean your pump filter basket daily. Takes about 30 seconds to a minute.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.