Need some opinions - Just moved to a house on a golf course

5,322 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ragoo
grego
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

How is it bad business if you're a member?

To me you still need to go through the proper channels - vs walk out on the 14th hole and start chipping, taking divots, and basically using it as a practice area.. I (as a member, not a homeowner) would likely have an issue if it was done habitually.
CTGilley
AG
I am a member and a homeowner and I do practice at time on the course. I do not hit into greens if I am not playing the hold. I don't want to mark it up. I also practice putting on 16 but I keep an eye on 15 tee box and green for anyone coming. The staff knows I do this in fact one of the pros encourages me to. I make dang sure I am never holding anyone up.

Another older couple will start from their house on 8, play 8 and 9 then pay before playing the rest of their round. If the course is crowded they will check in before playing.

Kids on the course without a parent is dangerous. Some homeowners let their kids roam free. If I was not a golfer I may think nothing of it. I have seen kids pop out of no where close to where the ball is coming down and try to stand next to a golfer while they take a swing.
TresPuertas
AG
Are you referring to Sherill Park?
CTGilley
AG
No

It is funny how similar these courses are.
AggieC07
AG
I think the answer is use your own discretion and judgement. Just be very alert and cognizant as to not interrupt play, should be fine.
Ragoo
AG
I used to take a wedge in the middle of the night and play 100 in at briarcrest #6. There was enough light usually from the Wal-Mart and Lowe's near by that it wasn't too bad.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.