Anyone in houston want to play?

12,208 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr.Bond
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
didn't get selected. Still want to play Sunday if anyone is free.
jonj101
Played Moody Gardens yesterday. By far the windiest round of my life.

I enjoyed the course, though the back nine was definitely tighter than the front.
mazag08
AG
quote:

I enjoyed the course, though the back nine was definitely tighter than the front.
Yesterday was not a good day on any course for avoiding wind.

Reminds me of a tournament I played in high school. Dead winter, constantly wind, and crazy gusts every 10 seconds. My first drive straight into the wind was nutted and went about 145. Hardest round of my life.
Ag_07
AG
We played a couple weeks ago. Great course from the layout, conditions, facilities, etc. Not one complaint from me.

And you're right about the back nine. Those first 4 or 5 on that nine are tough not taking into account the wind. With that taken into account they play pretty brutal.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:

Moody is always windy..... But yesterday..... **** that lol
jonj101
Yea, after the round I asked the pro shop guy if that happens often at Moody. He said although it does get windy, not like it was yesterday - and if it was constantly like that they wouldn't be able to stay in business.
ElCheAg
AG
Hahahahaha!
ElCheAg
AG
Ragoo,

Do you have a time in mind for Sunday?
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Ragoo,

Do you have a time in mind for Sunday?
made a 12:30 at memorial park.
ElCheAg
AG
Ragoo,

Apologies. Something came up that will not allow me to play today. Hit 'em straight bud.
1208HawkTree
AG
Nm
Mr.Bond
AG
Got a 154 tomorrow at willowcreek. It's for a twosome. Free golf
jonj101
How was Willowcreek?

If I ever move or leave my club for any reason, I'll probably do ClubCorp. They have such a good variety of options in our area. It just doesn't work for my location.
Mr.Bond
AG
The greens were as hard as I've ever played on. Apparently they replaced them in September but they need to be punched in the worst way. I couldn't even stop a wedge on them. Overall is was a decent track. Club Corp definitely has its advantages in terms of variety
jonj101
Anyone else getting out this weekend? I'm thinking the ground will still be wet, but I have my first stroke play tournament on the 19th and need to get some practice in.
Aggie1391
Anyone play Wildcat recently? Is it still in bad shape like it was the last half of last year?
ElCheAg
AG
Played Timber Creek today. Soggy and muddy, but better than not playing at all.
tryan
AG
Late request... anyone want to play tomorrow (Sunday) morning? I'm in Katy but willing to drive a little. I've lately been picking the game back up after not playing for a few years, so I'm rusty!
Ragoo
AG
Can't play today but will be wide open next Saturday.
Ag_07
AG
I've snagged up a twosome spot for 2:10 tomorrow at Memorial and need a partner.

Anyone interested?
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
I've snagged up a twosome spot for 2:10 tomorrow at Memorial and need a partner.

Anyone interested?

I'll be a few groups ahead of you
1208HawkTree
AG
PSA - Blackhorse is walking only right now. I found out the hard way. It's on there when booking on GolfNow, but it's not "really" all that noticeable unless you read EVERYTHING. I've used GN a lot, so I just skip through and enter the necessary info as usual.

Thought about cancelling and going elsewhere, as I've seen the millions of commercials they've been running about no fee to cancel, yadda yadda yadda, but decided I have the weekend to recover if needed.

EDIT- new carts were being unloaded as I pulled in. Considering the entire course was under water two weeks ago, it's in phenomenal shape.
AggieC07
AG
I'd be interested in a TexAgs group. My usual group I play with have been flaking
Ragoo
AG
anyone playing Monday?
07fta07
AG
quote:
anyone playing Monday?

Planned on it but thinking Kingwood will be under water...again
jonj101
Thinking about shooting the low round of my life while baking in the Houston heat tomorrow. Any takers?
ElCheAg
AG
Good luck to you and I. I'm planning on playing 36 tomorrow. T&P needed.
Mr.Bond
AG
Don't be a poon Che. Hydration is the key, they should have plenty of water at that "club" you're at right now
beerag04
AG
I'm off work all next week and looking to get out and play. I don't know anyone that can play during the week though. Anybody up for a round anytime next week other than Tuesday afternoon? I'm in Friendswood, but I would be fine playing anywhere.
Mr.Bond
AG
I can probably sneak a round in on Wednesday to magnolia creek
beerag04
AG
That would work great for me. Magnolia is right down the street and I've never played it. I will be just working around the house so you name the time. Feel free to pm me.
tandy miller
AG
Anyone ever play in the sugarland area?
ElCheAg
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I can probably sneak a round in on Wednesday to magnolia creek

Sneak?
Mr.Bond
AG
I make time for people Che, something you and Ronaldino know nothing about

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.