Range Finders vs GPS based gadgets?

5,416 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Maroon97
gert09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you not feel the watch when your wrists are hinged during your swing?
Ag_07
AG
Nah. The watch is high enough on my arm to comfortably wear a glove and swing.

I've always worn a watch when I play so it was nothing new for me.
Mr.Bond
AG
I use both everytime I play
antman8504
AG
Not at all. I really don't notice it is on. It is super light and slim
1208HawkTree
AG
I use a laser on virtually every shot. I do use the Golfshot app on occasion, but mostly for hole layouts on courses I'm unfamiliar with. I'll also check it for a layup shot where a quick glance will work and getting the exact distance isn't important or there is nothing to shoot with the laser (end of a fairway, distance to a bunker or hazard, etc).

If I had to choose just one, I'd use a laser every time.
bdgol07
AG
I know this isn't the answer to either question, but i downloaded the Hole19 app (Iphone only) and used it yesterday. Has a great interface, aerial view, movable yardage to/from your location, and green F/M/B distances. I realized halfway through the round that if your scoring club is a 140 club, at the beginning of each hole, it will show you the distance to get to that number. I liked it. I also have a Bushnell V2 but this was nice to show the two other guys playing with me the hole layout on blind shots
hoya-ag
AG
I would say it depends on where you play. I have a rangefinder and I like it, but my club puts out pin sheets, so knowing the distance to the middle would be just as helpful to me.
1982Ag
AG
My playing partner and I both used Sky Caddie SGXs for several years. I still do - don't mind the annual fee and I don't want my phone tied up on the course. Last year, he switched to a laser. Now, he routinely asks me for distances to/carry hazards and traps with no line of sight. The laser's contribution is essentially to validate the pin sheet.
Maroon97
AG
I have a Golf Buddy VS4 (GPS) and it's great. Relatively cheap and small. Clips on my belt and provides basic yardage info at the touch of a button. Also has voice so I don't even need to look at it. As I walk up to my ball, just hit the button without looking at it, then select my club and go. Seems to be accurate within a few yards, which is good enough for me.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.