Golf in Denver - suggestions?

2,041 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by dbtexasag05
Goose06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be in the Denver area with a group of friends for a bachelor party. Looking for suggestions for a place to play on the north side of town. Plan is to play on getaway day (next Monday morning) and most of us have flights around 5 and we are staying at the Omni in Broomfield the last night. Not looking to break the bank, this is a 4 day bachelor party so we will have already spent plenty of money.
dbtexasag05
Play at the Omni interlocken if that is where you are staying.

Rounds can be had pretty cheap on golf now and it's a great golf course...with even better martinis
Goose06
AG
That's $170 when you include club rental. Hoping for a better price than that
dbtexasag05
How about the Heritage at Westmoor. Probably about 15 minutes west of the Omni?

Maybe Indian Tree? Crappy little muni but it would probably work.

Not really such a thing as cheap golf in the area you are at.
Goose06
AG
Guess I would have expected some good courses with $50 -70 green fees on a Monday. I live in dallas and there are plenty of courses here in that price range.
clayf05
AG
Castle pines if you can get on. It's top 100
bagger05
AG
Green Valley Ranch is on the way to the airport. I used to play out there all the time and I really like it. Not very popular among the TexAgs Denver golf people for some reason... I'm probably biased because it was my home track for a while.

Indian Tree isn't bad. I am not a huge fan of the course but it was always in pretty good shape. Probably pretty cheap.

Riverdale is about 20 minutes away from you. Dunes course is a pretty fun track. Pete and Perry Dye design. Lots of railroad ties and stuff.

Colorado National is pretty close by. I believe that is CU's home track. Supposedly very representative of High Prarie Golf whatever that means. I will say that they did a good job of using the natural terrain. Not a bad track and probably in your price range.

Murphy Creek is in Aurora and also relatively close to the airport. I've only played it once or twice but I remember REALLY liking it. Links style course. Even though it is a muni it definitely has the feel of a nice place.
dbtexasag05
Colorado National just fired the head groundskeeper. That place is in terrible shape.
bagger05
AG
That's too bad.... I didn't frequent that course but I liked the layout.
dbtexasag05
It was in terrible, terrible shape.

You can play it right now with a golf now purchase of 20.00. Crazy that CU owns it and it hasn't gotten that terrible.

Goes to show what they think of their athletics.
bagger05
AG
It goes beyond them not supporting athletics... it's like they're trying to sabatoge the athletic department.
An Ag in CO
AG
Coal Creek in Louisville.
Fossil Trace in Golden.
Indian Peaks in Lafayette.
Legacy Ridge in Westminster.
Indian Tree in Arvada.
Saddleback in Longmont.

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head that are on the north side of Denver. Fossil Trace in Golden is probably more west, but it's the one course visitors really seem to enjoy since I've gotten plenty of requests to play there again.
Goose06
AG
I threw out 3 options to our group:

1. Omni interlocken $175
2. Fossil trace $115
3. Riverdale $65

If I were picking it would probably be fossil trace but I know we have 2 or 3 non-golfers who may push for the cheapest option
dbtexasag05
Fossil trace is going to be best for the non golfers.

This time of year at the dunes you will be out of golf balls in 3 holes. The rough gets nasty. Fossil trace is right next to the Coors Brewery as well.
Signel
AG
I need tips for colorado springs.. Staying on Antler Creek with family but will be in the area for 10 days.
dbtexasag05
The broadmoor. Pay the money and deal with it.

Try to get on the Air Force academy golf courses. I think currently civilians can get through the gate no problem.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Coal Creek is the closet and cheapest option for what you are doing. Not bad. For what you guys want to do that is probably a good option
gman-79
AG
Check out Buffalo Run & Heritage Todd Creek. Both are reasonably priced, well maintained & fun to play.
proudaggie02
AG
I think your group should play at Hyland Hills (Gold course) in Westminster. It is 8 miles from Omni Interlocken & it's on the way to the airport.

It's a solid, enjoyable course & it's pretty cheap. 18 holes with cart is right at $50, and you can probably find a better deal on GolfNow. I used to play on Friday afternoons where it was $120 total for 4 golfers to ride.

Disclaimer: I haven't played there in a couple years, but I heard it's still in good shape from my friend who played there recently.
Goose06
AG
We went with Fossil Trace, thanks for the help
Goose06
AG
Fossil trace kicked ass, awesome course. It was also very difficult, but everyone enjoyed it. Tight fairways and fast greens made for high scores. If I played the course again, I'd probably hit a lot of irons off the tee -- we played from the blues (1 up from the tips) and the course played pretty short from there when you kept your drive in play.
dbtexasag05
Glad you liked it! A few more days and you could have hung out with us for a game watching party.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.