Happens to everyone sometimes

2,887 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agsalaska
Cancer Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://i.imgur.com/6rzdcoD.gifv
mt3950
AG
I know the feeling.
bqce
AG
Happens to me most of the time.
agsalaska
agracer
agsalaska
AG
A couple of years ago I had a 5 putt from 15 feet in a tournament at Grapevine Municipal. I shot 40 on the front but was one under on the back going into 14, a relatively easy reachable par 5 if you come off the box clean. I didnt and limped to a 15 footer for bogey. 2 footer for double, 3 footer for quad, 2 footer for a nine, and made the 3 footer for a ten.

Hit a 320+ yard drive on the next hole and hit the pin with my approach. Tap in birdie. Finished the nine with six pars, two birdies, and a ten. 39. 79. If I remember right I had 12 pars, two birdies, two bogeys, a double, and a ten(on the easiest hole).

I believe I have also recapped that moment in the F golf thread.

And, to apply to the OP, that is about how I felt on that green.
bagger05
AG
I'm beyond the days of throwing fits, but I admit that I felt that way inside for much of the weekend.

Had a buddy come to town and we played 54 holes. I was getting some terrible breaks and he caught quite a few lucky ones and it was getting me really irritated I'm sad to say.

I pull my drive left and end up about one yard on the other side of a fence. OB.
Same hole, my buddy hits his second shot and hits a filthy pull hook that hits someone's house on the fly, then bounces back toward the fairway, manages to get through the fence, and he is lying right next to the green.

My buddy and I hit about the exact same drive. Turns out the creek was in range and we didn't realize it. I got mine about five yards further than him and I'm in the water. He is resting a yard short of the lake.

I hit a drive that didn't cut like I thought and ended up in the fairway bunker. Rolls up the slope and comes to rest directly under the lip.
My buddy yanks his left, gets over the native area and is resting in the middle of the next fairway with a clear shot at the green.

Really, really frustrating. I don't like hitting bad shots, but if you hit a bad shot and it goes in the water then whatever, you should have hit a better shot. But it was very irritating to see me hit a poor shot that costs me one or two strokes while my buddy hits an even worse shot that costs him zero. What are you gonna do.... F golf.

I need to re-read Zen Golf. Get in touch with my inner spirit or something.
agsalaska
AG
I'm going to have to go bump the F golf thread now that the season is picking back up.
Chipotlemonger
AG
14? Talking about the 90 degree dogleg on Mockingbird, #5 by chance?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Reminds me of a one hole $40 bet between a buddy and I. Replayed hole 18 at Sherrill Park (sp). I pulled my drive terribly left, down hole 1 or 10's fairway (can't remember the course). Played up that fairway to 20 yards left of the 18th green. Got up and down with a tough pitch and a nasty right to left 6 footer.

He played the hole beautifully, great drive, on the green with the approach, and 2 putted.

I played it ugly AF. But the scorecard and our wallets only saw the score, not the journey to get there!
agsalaska
AG
quote:
14? Talking about the 90 degree dogleg on Mockingbird, #5 by chance?
Nope. The downhill then uphill par 5 on Bluebonnet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.